What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

NGR

Juniors
oh god it's hard!!!

do you not think that Doust (at the bash) would not have encouraged all attendees to sign up as many of their family and friends?

If he mentioned they were only 150 away from the 10k surely that was his motive in saying such a thing?

Sorry, I just can't get through sometimes. I know that Souths are encouraging people to take out junior memberships for underprivileged children and yes a lot of these people are already ticketed members.

Dont waste your time BC... they dont understand how marketing works, so just let them play with their balls of string...

thommo4pm

Coach
Yeah ok...all saints fan don't understand how marketing works cause we stated that the event was purely for Red V members. :crazy:

Has anyone ever stated that the event was NOT trying to have members attract new members??? :roll:

I think you Souths fans, who seem to know all about everything to do with memberships, should be running the P.R / marketing section of the NRL.

NGR

Juniors
Yeah ok...all saints fan don't understand how marketing works cause we stated that the event was purely for Red V members. :crazy:

Has anyone ever stated that the event was NOT trying to have members attract new members??? :roll:

I think you Souths fans, who seem to know all about everything to do with memberships, should be running the P.R / marketing section of the NRL.
all saints fan don't understand how marketing works cause we stated that the event was purely for Red V members. :crazy:
:sarcasm: some of you seem to think just because its for current members, therefore there is no way the event could be used to get those members to sign others up....
Yes
or maybe, anyone other than dragons fans should be running the marketing section of the NRL....

Raider_69

Post Whore
Have you sent your complaint to the club, Raider69, in my experience, they are very responsive to the fans at the Raiders HQ, and they love to hear direct of the problems. No point just complaining on an internet forum.

fair point GE, i only thought about it yesterday when looking at the draw and trying to figure out if i could make the home games, i am planning to call them on monday and see if i can get my stuff sent up to me like last year, im sure it will be no hassle, Mitch Flynn is a pretty good bloke and is doing a superb job :cool:

big country

Juniors

yes, read the post from the bloke called Goddo - that's the only reason I took issue with this. I note he has gone very quiet lately;-)

ps - i think you might need to change your little signature thingy to 2010 and hope for the best this year

thommo4pm

Coach

yes, read the post from the bloke called Goddo - that's the only reason I took issue with this. I note he has gone very quiet lately;-)

ps - i think you might need to change your little signature thingy to 2010 and hope for the best this year

Yeah I know, I just haven't been bothered to change my signature, been a little lazy.

thommo4pm

Coach
all saints fan don't understand how marketing works cause we stated that the event was purely for Red V members. :crazy:
:sarcasm: some of you seem to think just because its for current members, therefore there is no way the event could be used to get those members to sign others up....
Yes
or maybe, anyone other than dragons fans should be running the marketing section of the NRL....

Where did Goddo say it wasn't trying to attract new members?
I'm pretty certain all he stated was that it was for members who had applied before December 31st.
He never mentioned anything else, you are assuming he meant other things.

Goddo

Bench

Argh..

I haven't been on here today because I have had better things to do. I can see that yes, maybe Doust was trying to angle for a couple more members by mentioning the tally, but was unlikely to find many at a function that was invite only for members. Those that do have friends and family that are interested are probably members already. Hard to sell memberships to people that already are members.

The hook for membership was joining before the new year so you could attend the big bash, not so that you could buy one membership, go to the event and then buy another. If they were trying to sell more at the big bash, that wasn't the primary purpose of the event. It had already done its job as part of the membership drive.

Can you accept that or are you going to throw more bullsh!t around you numpty? The Big Bash was about memberships, but in 2009 not 2010!

EDIT: The whole reason you have blown this up is that I insulted you and told you that the Big Bash was invite only. If I hadn't insulted you you probably would have shut up and let it rest. Talk about thin skinned.

Last edited:

big country

Juniors
Argh..

I haven't been on here today because I have had better things to do. I can see that yes, maybe Doust was trying to angle for a couple more members by mentioning the tally, but was unlikely to find many at a function that was invite only for members. Those that do have friends and family that are interested are probably members already. Hard to sell memberships to people that already are members.

The hook for membership was joining before the new year so you could attend the big bash, not so that you could buy one membership, go to the event and then buy another. If they were trying to sell more at the big bash, that wasn't the primary purpose of the event. It had already done its job as part of the membership drive.

Can you accept that or are you going to throw more bullsh!t around you numpty? The Big Bash was about memberships, but in 2009 not 2010!

EDIT: The whole reason you have blown this up is that I insulted you and told you that the Big Bash was invite only. If I hadn't insulted you you probably would have shut up and let it rest. Talk about thin skinned.

i can't believe I actually just read this 5 minutes of diatribe!!

Oh so now you agree with me but because of YOUR thin skinned mentality, you don't agree with me:?

Dude, has it ever occurred to you that I already knew it was members invite only? How do you think 90% of members join - ONLINE, that's how. Has it ever occurrred to you that on hearing Doust that they would go home and sign up their family and friends on the same day?

anyway, there's no use arguing with a living, breathing, walking, fully opened can of monkey cr*p

Goddo

Bench
Dude,

I pointed out your stupidity, you looked foolish and are now trying to pretend otherwise, and your only come back is that I'm a pile of "monkey cr*p". Please, go become a fudge packing AFL fan boy and move to Big Footy, because you are as deluded as some of the merkins over there.

Peace out.

big country

Juniors
Dude,

I pointed out your stupidity, you looked foolish and are now trying to pretend otherwise, and your only come back is that I'm a pile of "monkey cr*p". Please, go become a fudge packing AFL fan boy and move to Big Footy, because you are as deluded as some of the merkins over there.

Peace out.

the only thing I'm trying to pretend is that I'm actually reading the horse manure that's called "goddo's posts". Do worry, even you wouldn't be able to persuade me to move over to AFL.:lol:

pplspoet

Juniors
So we're still waiting on an official annoucement re: St Geroge Illawarra's numbers?

I think its safe to say at this stage the competition is still very much on.

Are the Dogs numbers definately ticketed only? They will be in the mix if they are. Souths numbers have stalled some what.

Vossy

Bench
Sharks Crack 3000 Member Milestone
http://www.sharks.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=22178&sharks-crack-3000-member-milestone

At this very point in time last year, the Cronulla Sharks had 1584 Football Club Members signed up. Now, in what is a true sign that the Club is moving forward and looking to re-engage with the community, the black, white and blue have cracked the 3000-mark.

With only six weeks left until the Sharks round one blockbuster against defending premiers, Melbourne Storm, the Club is in a very promising position.

So what makes this pre-season milestone so admirable?

YOU, our Members.

00005643-image.jpg

You only have to look at five-year-old Max Mitevski who signed up as a Cov’s Kids Club Member- our youngest ever. His father Tony has been a life member and true supporter of the Sharks for over 20 years, and as soon as the news filtered through that he was having a baby boy, he headed straight down to Sharkies Leagues Club and filled out the paperwork.

Distance and location hasn’t stopped a massive chunk of our Members signing up either. In particular, Joel Harkham, a massive Sharks supporter based in Beverley Hills in the USA, who holds an astonishing 14-ticketed season seats.

And of course, there is the CSSC, our most fanatical group who travel everywhere with the team and have increased their support clan dramatically for season 2010.

00005644-image.jpg

Like these people, when you join the Sharks, you grow fonder of the Cub for reasons sometimes you just can’t explain. Sometimes our greatest victories haven’t come with the accolades of winning, but we always bust our guts until the final whistle blows.

So we put it to you- our Members – the Sharks. You are what define our team. The special breed who for so long have been waiting for the elusive silverware - loyal, dedicated, motivated and patient.

Along with the undoubtedly passionate coaching staff and players, combined with our new administration and new recruits- Sharks fans should be licking their lips with what’s staring them in the face. Forget the past, let’s move forward.

For some of us, the Sharks have been a part of our lives since day dot. For others, the journey’s only just begun. But you all represent a special something that has long been an integral part of both the Cronulla Sharks and Sutherland Shire.

So ask yourself… are your family Members? Are your mates Members? Are neighbours Members? And if the answer is a sluggish ‘no’ – then sign them up! Ask them to become a part of YOUR team now… because the future begins with you!

big country

Juniors
So we're still waiting on an official annoucement re: St Geroge Illawarra's numbers?

I think its safe to say at this stage the competition is still very much on.

Are the Dogs numbers definately ticketed only? They will be in the mix if they are. Souths numbers have stalled some what.

OMG!! going on previous posts by certain people who I assume have some intelligence maybe those members at Dells Big Bash have Goddo's and St Linnane's mentality and assumed that friends and family are already members, hence the 150 is still unattained :shock: