What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

ByRd

First Grade
Good news for the Sharks, good to see them turn it around after a horrible 2009.

_snafu_

Immortal
It looks like most clubs have improved their position compared to 2009. Can only be a good thing.

Doug2234

First Grade
Yeah its good to see the numbers kicking on so well!

2010 is going to be a huge year for Rugby League

yakstorm

First Grade
Latest from the NRL:

With kick off to the season only 40 days away, the 2010 NRL Ticketed Membership challenge has truly kicked into gear with all clubs recording impressive numbers growth in the past week.

At the top of the table, the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the St George-Illawarra Dragons are now neck and neck as they try to be the first NSW club to reach 10,000 ticketed members. With only 120 memberships separating the two clubs, the challenge is out to fans of both teams who haven’t yet purchased their 2010 memberships to buy now to help their club get over the line first!

Elsewhere, the Shire locals have shown their support for the Sharks with the club jumping three places and already exceeding their 2009 figures, whilst the Wests Tigers, Knights, Cowboys and Bulldogs have all enjoyed strong ticketed membership sales.

Find out more about NRL Club Memberships here

membershipnumbers01022010.jpg

Please Note: The ticketed membership figures are accurate as of 9:00am on Monday February 1st 2010. Membership figures displayed only include Ticketed Club Memberships and are not reflective of the total number of memberships a club will have.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone wanting to guarantee a seat for the Melbourne opening stadium weekend might want to consider a Storm interstate membership for $80 which guarantees first chance at a ticket.

how bout that eels bandwagon.

f**k me

and the cowboys. didnt know that they had so many season ticket holders.

sharkies doing a fair job given their 5 win season.

Doug2234

First Grade
Sea Eagles doing piss weak at the moment.

whats the deal???? must be waiting for the results from Stewarts trial this month!!

Fein

First Grade
But Doust said The Dragons were on 9,850 at Dell's big bash. :?

Oust Doust!!!!

Vic Mackey

Referee
great work by dragons, dogs, and rabbits clubs and supporters

everyone else is pretty poor, especially the tigers. the club has made a late push for members but it seems to be far too little to late.

beave

Coach
how bout that eels bandwagon.

f**k me

and the cowboys. didnt know that they had so many season ticket holders.

sharkies doing a fair job given their 5 win season.

we've had about 9000 season ticket holders for about 5 years now. I don't think we will reach those heights this year but with the non-ticketed options available for the first time this year (they only came out last week), watch that 7k number jump deluxe. I can't see why we couldn't have about 12-13k members to be honest.

_Johnsy

Referee
we've had about 9000 season ticket holders for about 5 years now. I don't think we will reach those heights this year but with the non-ticketed options available for the first time this year (they only came out last week), watch that 7k number jump deluxe. I can't see why we couldn't have about 12-13k members to be honest.

TBH beave, the cows should have a east 12-13k, look at the supporter catchment area you guys have,it's f**king massive.

beave

Coach
"TBH beave, the cows should have a east 12-13k, look at the supporter catchment area you guys have,it's f**king massive."

yeah but it's isolated as hell this area mate (you know how it is up here). Townsville (175k) has a population less than Penrith or Wollongong, Cairns is the closest major city and it's still 4 hours drive away, and to be honest there's still a rivalry between the 2 cities, some people up there still go for the Broncos purely out of spite because the team is based out of Townsville.

If the team played like they did at the back end of 2004 on a constant basis, I think you would see 12-14k season tickets holders + any other memberships they want to run, but at the moment the team is rubbish and with the names we have here, well, they are merely names at the moment to be honest, they haven't really performed in the last 3 years. I think we are going alright though tickets wise, our numbers haven't been updated for a while.

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
great work by dragons, dogs, and rabbits clubs and supporters

everyone else is pretty poor, especially the tigers. the club has made a late push for members but it seems to be far too little to late.

Yeah I thought so too. Wests are one of the better supported sides in Sydney... surprised they are so low.

Have any clubs got any more aces up their sleaves regarding sales drives? I hope there is a late run for Sea Eagles, Chooks and Panthers members.

Things are working against some clubs... Eg newcastle and melbourne with stadium issues. I hope they all pick up.

Top 6 or so clubs looking okay. I hope all clubs do better than 2009. :pray:

Do any clubs offer renewal discounts? Eg, if you are a member for 2 years consecutively, you get 5% off the 3rd year. That will be a problem for clubs as form changes over time. The trick is to get people to sign up regardless of their clubs ladder position the previous year.

Last edited: