What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

_Johnsy

Referee
I agree. It is a farce...and thats coming from a Saints fan. Souths deserve the crown. But from a business point of view surely it makes sense. To be honest I still think Souths will win the race, they've been ahead the whole time. Can't see THAT many people signing up for a 3 game pass who wouldnt have just signed up for a 5 game pass? But having said that...IF it did get us over the line, and made us $50,000 in the process, surely its a smart decision? And if it got a few people "in" to the membership program, who might like it and decide to extend next year, surely its a good thing?

But yeah, I'd be crying foul if another club pulled this move! ;-)

I dont get the whole idea of this being a pissing contest. Is there a trophy awarded ?

Surely its a good thing if all clubs increase membership, therefore money coming into their club.

It's good for the game

adamkungl

Immortal
I dont get the whole idea of this being a pissing contest. Is there a trophy awarded ?

Surely its a good thing if all clubs increase membership, therefore money coming into their club.

It's good for the game

Yes actually. $50,000 iirc

wain

Juniors
I dont have a problem with key game memberships...Broncos have been doing it for years, and like stated above...if it gets people to invest their money who normally dont, then thats great.

Seriously, in this economic climate, to see so many clubs increasing is pretty amazing.

PS...cant say enough about how sweet the new 'old' logo of the doggies is. love the '80s throwback...if only my team (broncos) had a decent '80s mascot to re-hash.

smacky

Juniors
The Dragons have just released a 3 game Win Staduim pass for $35 which counts towards the ticketed total. What a crock this has turned into.
Dragons will get the 10K first but Souths would of made double the money

Not a bad idea to get some more money into the club from people who cant usually commit to longer memberships but shouldnt be counted in the ticketed membership total.

MsStorm

Bench
I was just talking to a Victorian mate, and he said some AFL clubs have 1 game or 3 game memberships!

I wonder how many of their membership numbers are inflated by these small membership packages...

There would be lots Goddo. Many of the their more devoted fans buy an extra membership for friends, babies, cats and dogs to boost their numbers and bring extra cash to the club.

The Storm, some years back, had 3 game memberships, but they no longer exist.

I actually think its not a bad idea really as there would be supporters out there that are financially strapped and just can't afford a full membership.
Afterall, it vital income for clubs and some of those people may want to be more involved in the future.

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Originally Posted by Goddo
I was just talking to a Victorian mate, and he said some AFL clubs have 1 game or 3 game memberships!

I wonder how many of their membership numbers are inflated by these small membership packages...

Only a couple of the Vic clubs offer 1 and 3 game memberships, notably Hawthorn. They rival Collingwood for the most members of a victorian club, the Collingwood fans and members are quick to point out the smaller/cheaper memberships to Hawks fans in their "My dick is bigger than yours" argument.
The real big dicks;) of the League are the likes of West Coast and Adelaide with over 45 000 fully ticketed members and thousands on the waiting lists. Fremantle also does really well with 42000.

In a decade I see no reason for the likes of the Bronco's not match those figures.

Goddo

Bench
^ storm too in Melbourne should pull massive numbers as the years go by.

EDIT: as would the Perth Reds, if they were still around. You only have to look at the Glory and Force to get an idea of where we'd be at in Perth if RL was still there. This should be a huge priority for the NRL/Independent Commission.

Also on Perth, I think it is important to have some sort of pesence there before the new Super 15 structure gets a few years under its belt. With the union having a home and away structure within each nation, there will be a lot more games, and just that little bit harder for us to crack that market.

I think the Rebels setting up now in Melbourne after league has been there for +10 years, new stadium, and the new S15 structure is a very smart move.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
storm too in Melbourne should pull massive numbers as the years go by.

EDIT: as would the Perth Reds, if they were still around. You only have to look at the Glory and Force to get an idea of where we'd be at in Perth if RL was still there. This should be a huge priority for the NRL/Independent Commission.

They are a surprising concern to be honest. They have gone down from nearly 8000 members to under 3000. What the hell has happened there? I would have thought that their numbers would have increased massively considering they are Premiers and particularly with the new stadium this year.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
They are a surprising concern to be honest. They have gone down from nearly 8000 members to under 3000. What the hell has happened there? I would have thought that their numbers would have increased massively considering they are Premiers and particularly with the new stadium this year.

Tickets have only been available for about 2 weeks.

ouwet

Bench

Nah mate as 1 Eyed Tezza said it's only just been released... Which is due to the new staidum.

beave

Coach

good lord..................

Billythekid

First Grade
Whilst there are a few disappointing numbers in that season ticket table to me the worst offender has to be the GC. I really thought when they came in they would be one of the powerhouses in this area.

They are just charging way to much. I prefer how the AFL clubs handle this. Start the prices at a reasonable level then when your stadium is packed out every week and demand is huge you can increase the prices a bit.

Even though this post has already been answered i still wonder what you mean when you say they should massively increase. If the storm sell the same as last year that would put them 4th in the league right now.

Were you really expecting the storm to sell the most in the entire league?

Last edited:

yobbo84

Coach
I can see both Souths and St George Illawarra being very close to 10,000 come Charity Shield night... with the winner being announced on the night.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I can see both Souths and St George Illawarra being very close to 10,000 come Charity Shield night... with the winner being announced on the night.

that would be good, give it even more meaning and perhaps give the side with less members a boost as the fans there might sign up to close the gap! Even so it would be great for the NRL in general if both clubs cracked 10K this year. Plus the dogs and eels look like they can push 7-8K each, so things are looking up this year

thats not a 121% increase, it is 121% of last year - 100% in this context would been they have exactly matched 2009. See roosters.

yeah its 21 percent so far on season tickets.

i think total membership was just over 4,000.

regardless its all money. and if all them seasn ticket holders bought members jerseys itd be great too.

Latest posts