What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

adamkungl

Immortal
Boy its going to fun when the slightest error by a ref,the most minuscule flaw in judgment by a player or coach is going to draw some quite outlandish criticism.

Try going on any club members forum...

But seriously, how is that different to what already goes on here?

MsStorm

Bench
spoke to the Storm membership department, current Membership packages are being drawn up, and are likely to be released in early to late october just after the season ends.

if your a Storm fan and live outside Melbourne, do what i do, INTERSTATE MEMBERSHIP! it costs 80 bucks and is worth it 100%

Well its late October and there's nothing in the mail yet, but its understandable with the stadium still under construction and the g/f celebrations.

My guess is that Storm will have over 12,000 members next year, seeing we had well over 9,000 this year.
Its going to be interesting to see what sort of packages they have available next year.

Good on you BWS for buying an interstate membership..:D

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well its late October and there's nothing in the mail yet, but its understandable with the stadium still under construction and the g/f celebrations.

My guess is that Storm will have over 12,000 members next year, seeing we had well over 9,000 this year.
Its going to be interesting to see what sort of packages they have available next year.

Good on you BWS for buying an interstate membership..:D

I'd buy one if they included the Sth's game in perth!

Hope they don't do a GC and make the memberships mega expensive due to cost of new stadium.

macavity

Referee
TROLL:lol:
Admit it!

not at all - its a genuine question.

Adam, a "franchise" team is a privately owned team, rather than a community owned club.

Season tickets I get - if I lived in Melb I would have season tickets to the Storm too, even though I don't support them (only game in town!).

But its not "membership" when you don't have voting rights - its season tickets....?

If the Knights were fully privatised (the storm or broncos model, not the souths model) I would still support them and buy season tickets - but I'm not sure I would consider myself a "member".

I dunno, maybe I am playing semantics and "member" simply means a different thing for franchises (ie season tickets) than it does for clubs (ie ownership/voting rights).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Do you really think the average fan gives a sh*t about that? They just want to be part of their club ffs...

adamkungl

Immortal
not at all - its a genuine question.

Adam, a "franchise" team is a privately owned team, rather than a community owned club.

Season tickets I get - if I lived in Melb I would have season tickets to the Storm too, even though I don't support them (only game in town!).

But its not "membership" when you don't have voting rights - its season tickets....?

If the Knights were fully privatised (the storm or broncos model, not the souths model) I would still support them and buy season tickets - but I'm not sure I would consider myself a "member".

I dunno, maybe I am playing semantics and "member" simply means a different thing for franchises (ie season tickets) than it does for clubs (ie ownership/voting rights).

Here's the thing though - a standard membership at most Sydney clubs isn't even a voting membership. If I'm not mistaken, Parramatta just changed their membership structure so that after 3 years of being a member you gain voting rights to the football club, but as far as I know this isn't common. Roosters voting members are separate from STH memberships. As far as I know the club limits the amount of voting members and the process isn't as easy as simply buying your ST. Never really looked into it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thats the problem with calling them memberships and not what they are, season ticket holders. It's an Aussie thing, every other country calls them season ticket holders.

At the end of the day it is semantics and what counts is that fans are buying season tickets and feeling more a part of the club.

lturner

Juniors
Thats the problem with calling them memberships and not what they are, season ticket holders. It's an Aussie thing, every other country calls them season ticket holders.

At the end of the day it is semantics and what counts is that fans are buying season tickets and feeling more a part of the club.

It's not semantics, it's actually a bit deceptive by some clubs. The whole membership culture of the AFL that the NRL is so keen to try and replicate is truly based on membership. Members are able to attend meetings, vote for board members and so on.

Some NRL club memberships are not memberships at all, they are just season tickets. And non-ticketed memberships are in fact nothing at, just a donation to the club.

Some NRL clubs are coming out trying to encourage people to become "members" but don't want to even give them a small say in running the club, which is a bad attitude.

Clubs need to do what Parramatta have done and allow season ticket holders to become football club members.

MsStorm

Bench
I'd buy one if they included the Sth's game in perth!

Hope they don't do a GC and make the memberships mega expensive due to cost of new stadium.

An annual Sths vs Storm game in Perth should be on the NRL/Souths/Storm's agenda. A great promotion for rugby league in your state until the Reds get their own team up and running in the comp.

There has been quite a few questions asked about next years membership package increase and we have been told, it will be only marginal.
Its really has to be kept quite low cos there is so much competition from the afl and the possible new rugby union team.

macavity

Referee
It's not semantics, it's actually a bit deceptive by some clubs. The whole membership culture of the AFL that the NRL is so keen to try and replicate is truly based on membership. Members are able to attend meetings, vote for board members and so on.

Some NRL club memberships are not memberships at all, they are just season tickets. And non-ticketed memberships are in fact nothing at, just a donation to the club.

Some NRL clubs are coming out trying to encourage people to become "members" but don't want to even give them a small say in running the club, which is a bad attitude.

Clubs need to do what Parramatta have done and allow season ticket holders to become football club members.

this.

just because you don't care doesn't mean it isn't important, timmah.

at Newcastle your membership and ST are bundled together, or you can just buy membership (or a "country" package giving you I think 3 games). after 3 consecutive years you can vote, and thousands do.

beave

Coach
from the Tvl bully last week

The Cowboys averaged 17,309 to their 12 home games in 2009, slightly down on the previous season (18,102) and down again on 2007 (20,105).

It also marked their poorest attendances since 2004 when they averaged 16,696.

Mr Parr was confident the club was on course to buck the downward trend in 2010.

About 6000 supporters have renewed their season memberships for next season and he expects it to exceed this year's 7600 when tickets are open to the general public.

''Given the current level of interest we would be surprised if we didn't increase our season tickets for next year,'' Mr Parr said
."

I looked on the cows site for the pricing of season tickets.

2 years ago, a family ticket in the premium bays on the eastern stand was $650-ish dollars. Now, you are looking at $1239.................im lucky that I have a 15% loyalty discount, but f#$k me, they are not really encouraging families to come along and sit in some decent seats, the hills are fine if you are that way inclined.

So going by Parr's comments, we lost about 2k season ticket holders this season, I'm positive we had over 9k in 2008. I put the loss which down to poor performance and a pretty major price increase ain a few select stands. I can afford the increase but many families can't, they wonder why families would rather sit at home and watch it on TV up here.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
premium seating, 650 for 12 games for 4 people?

54 a game. For a family ticket in a premium seating location, that's VERY cheap.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Depends what you compare it to. For the same price there are a number of things you can do with the family, many lasting more than 90mins.

That is a big price increase, not surprising numbers dropped. Do you save much by being a ST holder at NQ?

beave

Coach
premium seating, 650 for 12 games for 4 people?

54 a game. For a family ticket in a premium seating location, that's VERY cheap.

yeah you are right, but they changed the pricing 2 years ago, it's $1239 now. In all honesty, kids should be getting in for free. And it's not exactly premium seating if you ask me, im in bay 312

00000387-image.jpg

so im on the 20-30m line (im usually too drunk to remember :D) but I am in the top stand on that eastern side,it's not really premium seating IMO.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
From memory it's not even covered seating. "Premium" seating should always be undercover unless it's front row on halfway.

innsaneink

Referee
Packages

STRIPES Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Want to show your support for Wests Tigers but can’t commit to attending matches? It’s time to Step Up and show your STRIPES! For just $49 you can become a paid up and proud Wests Tiger Member!

PINNACLE CLUB Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Our top tier membership package provides you with an experience you won’t forget, a personalised coaches jacket and other great exclusive benefits. If you want to get close to the team you love, this is the package for you.

ULTIMATE Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Support the mighty Wests Tigers from the comfort of a reserved grandstand or concourse seat, with access to every home match.

PREMIUM Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Premium Members have the option to select their preferred stadiums, but no matter which option you choose, you are still committing to the ongoing success of your club.

CITY SLICKER Wednesday, 28 October 2009

New in 2010, attend all the big matches at the Sydney Football Stadium and Sydney Cricket Ground.

TRIBE Wednesday, 28 October 2009

This is the most popular and flexible membership package, not to mention fantastic value for money. Enjoy all the action from all the grounds!

OUT OF TOWNERS Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Our new and improved ‘regional/supporters’ membership is fantastic value for money, so no matter where you live, you can become a Wests Tigers Member and share in the pride of being part of your club.

CUBS Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Available to anyone under 15 years of age, the CUBS membership provides you with a stack of goodies to enjoy as well as access to all Wests Tigers home matches.

BENJI’S BUBS Wednesday, 28 October 2009

King of the kids, Benji Marshall, has put together this special baby membership so there can be no confusion about which team your child supports.