What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

beave

Coach
i got the ticket renewal form in the mail about 6 weeks ago, the money left my account yesterday..............you're right about the website though Tim, seems there's really no info other than for people expressing interest.

Normally the club likes to spruik off as to how many season ticket holders it has, I think we got up to about 9-10k at one stage in 07, they were very quiet about it this year, me thinks it dropped significantly this year due to the price increase, mine for example went up $300 for a family ticket from $650 to just under a thousand.........pretty f#$king rich if you ask me. Will be interesting to see what our crowds are like next year.

You would think that with the combination of a greater push from management, the success of the club in 2009 and the value for money of the tickets, the Bulldogs should by all rights overtake Souths as the Number 1 ticketed Sydney team in 2010.

True,but it wont happen.

lturner

Juniors
The story for the Bulldogs has been much different - while there's always been a decent-sized loyal core, it seems to be that there is a larger "outer core" that either don't know or care about being members and it's capturing those people that needs to be the aim. We were one of six teams that didn't have a single crowd figure below 10,000 this year, and one of only three in NSW (Saints and Knights being the other two).

Interesting comment about the outer core. I wonder which Sydney club has the most supporters when you include the more casual outer core who don't go to many games, but watch on TV.

I'd probably say St George and Souths would be the contenders. Canterbury, Parramatta and Wests respectable mid-pack performers. Easts, Penrith, Manly and Cronulla the stragglers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Crowd average figures prove beyond much doubt that the Bulldogs and Tigers have that.

Lambretta

First Grade
Interesting comment about the outer core. I wonder which Sydney club has the most supporters when you include the more casual outer core who don't go to many games, but watch on TV.

I'd probably say St George and Souths would be the contenders. Canterbury, Parramatta and Wests respectable mid-pack performers. Easts, Penrith, Manly and Cronulla the stragglers.

During the Fittler era, Sydney Roosters crowd averages were the highest in Sydney over a season on more than one occasion. Having a great stadium that away fans come to helps loads and being successful always means big end of season games that boost those averages.

But yeah, I'd pretty much go with your assessment on which teams are the best supported. I'd probably suggest that Souths had the biggest number of fans, then St George, Canterbury and the Tigers on a par and Parramatta just behind. The Tigers attendance averages are bloody good for a team that has only made the finals once in the past 15 years or so.

Souths biggest challenge is getting into the top eight and staying there over two or three years. If they did that, their membership numbers would grow even further. It's their relative lack of on field success that has held back their crowd averages.

They have a great forward pack, but without a reliable number 7, I just cant see them becoming the contender they desperately need to be to see their membership numbers go to the next level.

axl rose

Bench
The Tigers attendance averages are bloody good for a team that has only made the finals once in the past 15 years or so.

l.

Depends on the brand of football being played. Tigers are a losing football side usually but at least they throw it around. There's nothing particularly conservative about them so fans still turn up. Take the Raiders for example under Elliot. Usually made the finals but played such a boring style that crowds didn't increase significantly.

Glenn

First Grade
Just upgraded my membership with Parramatta, moved to the other side of the field so no more sun in my eyes. :cool:
Current STH renewals with no changes close this Friday, then STH with changes (ie moving seats & additional seats/packages) are processed from Nov.1, and then New memberships are processed from Nov 24.

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs indicated this week or so should be it.

Saints Red V release will be greatly delayed until they can establish their home/away split - made more difficult by the W'gong stand upgrade.

yobbo84

Coach
Ticketed Membership Breaks 4,000 Mark
26 Oct 2009

Rabbitohs Ticketed Membership has topped the 4,000 mark today (Monday) with the grandstand seating allocation for the Return to Redfern match now exhausted.

Grandstand seating has been snapped up within the first month of being on sale, with only 1,422 tickets remaining in general admission areas.

The Rabbitohs are aiming to attract 10,000 Ticketed Members to the Club for season 2010, amongst a total of 17,500 Members.

It has never been more crucial for Members to help the Club strive towards its targets for the coming year.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have led the NRL in Membership over the past three seasons and the Club wants to stay number one amongst the 16 Clubs.

With less than 1,500 Return to Redfern tickets remaining, it is imperative that Ticketed Members waiting to renew or join should not delay any further.

The Return to Redfern 'Members Only' trial against the Sea Eagles on Sunday 7 February is available only to 2010 Ticketed Members of the Club.

It is not too late to sign up for 2010 Membership and for Ticketed Members to secure tickets to the Return to Redfern match.

The easiest way to renew or join is online by visiting www.rabbitohs.com.au and following the links to Membership. You also save money by renewing or joining online.

Alternatively, you can join or renew your Membership on the phone by calling 02 8306 9922 or in person at 104 George St in Redfern.
Current Members can also renew by sending in their renewal forms which were sent to all existing Members last week.

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Ticketed-Membership-Breaks-4000-Mark.html

adamkungl

Immortal

Actually, including the bandwagoners I would think we'd be fairly high on the list. Back in 04 we had averages around 19-20k iirc.

Timmah

Staff member
Not trying to troll, but what is the point of being a member of a franchise team?

We get it, you support a one-team town that supports itself.

His point is about season seats is it not?

If you weren't trying to troll btw, you wouldn't have removed most of his post to ask the question.

GongPanther

Referee
Can you folks imagine what its going to be like in here next season when people are going to be fuming through their ears and frothing at the mouth when they are supporting their teams through their pockets like they have never done before?

Boy its going to fun when the slightest error by a ref,the most minuscule flaw in judgment by a player or coach is going to draw some quite outlandish criticism.

I'm more just happy to sit from my lounge and watch the drama unfold.

Bring on 2010!:lol: