What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Rainbow

Juniors
Yes, good effort Shark fans. To get that improvement after last season is impressive. To raise your memberships by a third and maybe by a half is huge.

Good to see your fans are getting the message.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Sydney is putting Qld to shame

Sydney top 3 (29,108) v Qld one town teams (24,456)

it shouldnt have taken this long, but a happy change that they seem to be catching up in terms of ticketed members

6 out of 9 sydney clubs have increased their total ticketed members already, thats parra, dogs, tigers, sharks, st. merge and souths. then when you consider the knights and canberra have passed last years totals the drive has been pretty successful. the roosters, panthers and manly are within 400 odd of their 2009 totals so they can hopefully reach that before their first home games. An increase for every club in NSW would be a stunning success for the league.

ON the warriors, might their lagging behind in members be due to the fans pessimism?

Evenflow

Bench
It might be worth noting that even though they only released that membership total yesterday, those figures are correct from last friday so i think it'd be fair to say all clubs numbers are higher if only marginally.

ouwet

Bench
The Titans and Warriors have gone backwards and by a fair bit, that is also a disgraceful effort by Manly. For a club that has recently won a title and appeared in the finals a few years in a row now to only have 2.6k ticketed members is a joke, pick up your game.

Yep 9880 for the Doggies (Total)... I think we just about passed 8,000 season ticket holders which is GREAT! Altogether the NRL have 95,000 season ticket holders which is great let's hope we can get 10,000 more by start of the season! Would be interesting to see how many total members the NRL has (Ticketek & Non-ticketed)...

user_nat

Coach
I think QLD teams are probably lagging behind in growth because it hasn't been pushing in the media as much up here.

Would be good to see the competition expanded in the future so that all clubs could be encouraged.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Yep 9880 for the Doggies (Total)... I think we just about passed 8,000 season ticket holders which is GREAT! Altogether the NRL have 95,000 season ticket holders which is great let's hope we can get 10,000 more by start of the season! Would be interesting to see how many total members the NRL has (Ticketek & Non-ticketed)...

Well done to the Dogs and long may it continue. I look forward to the day when crowds of over 40000 to our clashes at ANZ are the norm. That day shouldn't be too far away.

jc155776

Coach
I think that seson ticket numbers can be exapnded a lot more with match days (not times) are set in stone at the beginning of the season. I know a lot of people who will attend most games but won't become a member as they cant make certain days/nights and don't want to take the risk of missing too many games. (i.e someone from Canberra not being able to make Friday night footy, buying a season membership for he Roosters, and missing the first 3 home games etc).

Well done to the Dogs and long may it continue. I look forward to the day when crowds of over 40000 to our clashes at ANZ are the norm. That day shouldn't be too far away.

its getting there, which is great.

whaddayareckon the round 4 easter crowd will be? keeping in mind its a monday night.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Easter weekend experiment will be interesting - 2:10pm Good Friday Storm v Saints @ Etihad, then on Easter Monday we have Newie v Penrith @ Newcastle kicking off 4pm before the Dogs/Souths game at 7pm.

Interesting times ahead.

flamin

Juniors
ON the warriors, might their lagging behind in members be due to the fans pessimism?

I'd say so.

In 2009 there was a lot of hype in NZ after the Warriors made the prelims from 8th and the Kiwis won the WC. If the Warriors could hold on to some of that support that'd be a success.

Goddo

Bench
Isn't Father Bob a big Storm fan? Should get him to do a prayer or something before the Good Friday game... would help silence those against sport on important public holidays and religous types.

That one can be big if done right... no AFL on that day.

Last edited:

NRLMad

Juniors

In terms of membership and opportunities for that matter the NRL has a lot to gain over the next 5-10 years. I'd suspect that you're right - we'll start to see crowds of 40K odd at the Olympic Stadium..

All you need to do is have a souths vs bulldogs/parra/saints game on. The tigers are 1 of the other clubs that has a huge following not befitting their membership numbers.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I still think they should have packages for sydney clubs playing other sydney clubs so you can get biger numbers, im a parra member they should have memberships where i go to the other sydney games that the eels are playing, so if we are playing say the roosters at SFS i would boost their numbers as well, so in a way we would be helping all clubs out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs now at 9,968 total members.

Possibly tomorrow, definitely by Friday, we'll have achieved what Noad set out to do three years ago - 10,000 by 2010! :crazy:

dollyhands

Juniors
Bulldogs now at 9,968 total members.

Possibly tomorrow, definitely by Friday, we'll have achieved what Noad set out to do three years ago - 10,000 by 2010! :crazy:
I remember that campaign and thinkin they were dreamin by lookin at the figures that year and how at that time clubs viewed memberships, but they've done a great job on and off the field..... p.s. i hate the doggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:x

Latest posts