What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

big country

Juniors
Cheapest Bulldogs membership for an adult is $55, this includes a supporters pack and 2 General Admission tickets. Perfect for the casual support to show there support for the club, die hards can spend $40 more and get the full season package if they are prepared to sit in the General Admission area.

So before you knock something, at least get your facts straight.

i think he might have meant the $15.83 monthly instalments for the seaon ticket?

my2centsworth

Juniors
Cheapest Bulldogs membership for an adult is $55, this includes a supporters pack and 2 General Admission tickets. Perfect for the casual support to show there support for the club, die hards can spend $40 more and get the full season package if they are prepared to sit in the General Admission area.

So before you knock something, at least get your facts straight.

Geez thats still cheap...next thing you know they'll be giving them away free in packets of cornflakes and serving free soup at the matches.

I can understand a year or 2 having cut price tickets to build up a marketing base but with most clubs trying to average $200 per member (see Souths projections) it must be costing them an absolute fortune

ashrafieh

Juniors
Geez thats still cheap...next thing you know they'll be giving them away free in packets of cornflakes and serving free soup at the matches.

I can understand a year or 2 having cut price tickets to build up a marketing base but with most clubs trying to average $200 per member (see Souths projections) it must be costing them an absolute fortune

Well no it's costing the Bulldogs nothing... We get money from Telstra to play there:), all season passes is money in the bank... IMO The Bulldogs would be stupid not to have cheaper GA tickets, it'll encourage casual supporters to become involved in the club and in a few years those supporters will become die hard fulltime supporters.

Bulldogs have gone past 2400 season ticket holders.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Have you see the prices for the cheapest AFL memberships? Do you know how we compare to the rival codes (think of it as the Entertainment dollar)?

For example a Collingwood 3 game membership is $75. for an 11 game membership it costs $175.

What the Bulldogs are doing are trying to change the culture of supporting your team from your armchair. The benefits to the club are huge because it gives the club another revenue source, as well as providing better atmosphere at club games (the El Masri Tribute game was amazing). You also need to offer people an opportunity to support the club financially via the cheaper 2 game membership packs, and get people used to buying those (though I wish they had a reserved seating 2 game package, just book it earlier in the week if you want to go)

I believe about 30K supporters are required at Stadium Australia to generate a good buzz around the ground, so I figure the Dogs need to be aiming for 20K ticketed members (with the rest rolling up on the day), to put the club's future in good stead, as well as making each game an event, rather than just another game. The Bulldogs are doing all they can to ensure they remain one of the stronger Sydney clubs, and those that don't make an effort to improve, will be left behind and probably die (or relocate).

Last edited:

my2centsworth

Juniors
Have you see the prices for the cheapest AFL memberships? Do you know how we compare to the rival codes (think of it as the Entertainment dollar)?

For example a Collingwood 3 game membership is $75. for an 11 game membership it costs $175.

What the Bulldogs are doing are trying to change the culture of supporting your team from your armchair. The benefits to the club are huge because it gives the club another revenue source, as well as providing better atmosphere at club games (the El Masri Tribute game was amazing). You also need to offer people an opportunity to support the club financially via the cheaper 2 game membership packs, and get people used to buying those (though I wish they had a reserved seating 2 game package, just book it earlier in the week if you want to go)

I believe about 30K supporters are required at Stadium Australia to generate a good buzz around the ground, so I figure the Dogs need to be aiming for 20K ticketed members (with the rest rolling up on the day), to put the club's future in good stead, as well as making each game an event, rather than just another game. The Bulldogs are doing all they can to ensure they remain one of the stronger Sydney clubs, and those that don't make an effort to improve, will be left behind and probably die (or relocate).

I have never had cause to look at AFL memberships for starters

Fact 10,000 x 200 = $2,000,000.00
10,000 x 55 = $550,000.00

The Bulldogs have been doing this for 2 years now and this year they are coming off a high base so a lot has been lost.

Personally, I cannot see why clubs hand out free tickets for nothing. Sure give free tickets to a rubbish/out of town match but get the person to register with the club etc and bingo you have a base to pump with endless emails/mailbox drops.
A lot less costly.

Maybe the money they recieve from the memberships is over and above what stadium aust. pay them so they percieve the extra 550k a good investment

Dogs Of War

Coach
I have never had cause to look at AFL memberships for starters

Fact 10,000 x 200 = $2,000,000.00
10,000 x 55 = $550,000.00

The Bulldogs have been doing this for 2 years now and this year they are coming off a high base so a lot has been lost.

Personally, I cannot see why clubs hand out free tickets for nothing. Sure give free tickets to a rubbish/out of town match but get the person to register with the club etc and bingo you have a base to pump with endless emails/mailbox drops.
A lot less costly.

You do realise that other forms of income come from giving out free tickets, things like merchandise sales, food/drink sales and also the experience for the person, which if positive, can translate into them paying there own way in future.

You really need to get the blinkers off. As for your figures, if the Bulldogs are getting $550K for the 2 game GA passes, I am sure they would be very happy, those figures you have is what I am sure the Bulldogs are aiming for. If they achieve that then we will be where the AFL was 20 years ago.

ByRd

First Grade
Also, the Hazem tribute game (when some free tickets were available) we made close to $90k worths in merchandise, you gotta think a little more into it.

Also, as has been said, the cheaper packages get people into the habit of being a member and supporting their club, we were close to 7k last year and could push close to 10k this season, a couple years back we would of been lucky to have 3k members so its working.

ashrafieh

Juniors
Also, the Hazem tribute game (when some free tickets were available) we made close to $90k worths in merchandise, you gotta think a little more into it.

Also, as has been said, the cheaper packages get people into the habit of being a member and supporting their club, we were close to 7k last year and could push close to 10k this season, a couple years back we would of been lucky to have 3k members so its working.

Exactly... Bulldogs have now got 2599 signed season ticket holders in less then 2 and a half weeks.

yobbo84

Coach
Current SSFC 2010 Ticketed Memberships: 5,416
RTR 2010 Tickets Remaining: 1,104

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/

Also, according to the member email that was sent out:

The Rabbitohs have now passed the 5,000 Ticketed Member mark, and are fast heading towards a total of 9,000 Members (Ticketed + Non-Ticketed).

ByRd

First Grade
That is excellent news, we are near half of what we got last year and it is still November, great news.

Dogs Of War

Coach
That is excellent news, we are near half of what we got last year and it is still November, great news.

I still haven't even got mine in yet. This is great news. Will be hassling a whole lot of Dogs supporters this weekend when we get together.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Time for pissing contest:

Bulldogs - 3,360 (www.bulldogs.com.au front page)
On sale November 9, on sale so far for 18 days. Average 187 members signing up per day.

Rabbitohs - 5,526 (www.rabbitohs.com.au front page)
On sale September 28, on sale so far for 61 days. Average 91 members signing up per day.

Although by comparison Souths were at 4,008 after 28 days, which is an average of 143 members signing up per day.

:crazy: