What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

AJ_82

Juniors
Sorry if its been posted but ive seen this floating around for St George - anyone i.e. Timmah got any idea re this being correct or being able to find out?

Don't mind either strip OTHER than the LOGO BEING RUINED!!!

Attachments

• dragons home.jpg
    dragons home.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 53
  • dragons away.jpg
    dragons away.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 45

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: They're concept designs by the GAZF dude from ages ago.

People posting them all over the place pretending they're real is getting reaallllyyy old.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I emailed Stephen Humphries and this was his response:

Hi hybrid

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

I don't know what jersey designs you are referring to as we have not yet finalised our plans and have certainly not released any designs.

Whilst of course we will never please everyone with decisions on such a subjective item as jersey designs, we aim to strike a sensible balance of varying opinions, commercial opportunities, preferences of our players and a range of other factors.

I'm confident that when we reveal our 2011 playing strips in the coming weeks they will be well received and, importantly, will emphasise and leverage the unique features of Wests Tigers.

Thanks again for your note and your support of Wests Tigers.

Kind Regards
Steve

I bet they are the same...

applesauce

Bench

I emailed as well. He gave me the same response, he must have many emails about it and has a template haha.

I then replied showing him the jerseys, and this is what I got:

Thanks for making me aware of this information.

As I confirmed to you in my earlier note, we have not yet finalised our 2011 designs so to suggest otherwise is clearly incorrect and misleading.

Thanks again.
Steve

macavity

Referee
my understanding is that jersey designs had to be registered with the NRL (and approved by them) a number of months ago - so all clubs are well and truly locked in.

I think someone might be telling porkies.....

applesauce

Bench
my understanding is that jersey designs had to be registered with the NRL (and approved by them) a number of months ago - so all clubs are well and truly locked in.

I think someone might be telling porkies.....

I sent him the pic of the X-Blade catalogue, asked him to explain how that is not finalised, and am waiting with baited breathe for his way to squirm out of it...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

I bet its not Steve who emailed you back. I guess Tiger management might get the message that there jersey designs are a optical nightmare when they don't sell or they see fans wearing the better looking, older jerseys. Good luck with your emailing, hopefully fan power can change something.

hrundi99

First Grade
I sent him the pic of the X-Blade catalogue, asked him to explain how that is not finalised, and am waiting with baited breathe for his way to squirm out of it...

Are you sure it was from the catalogue and not a design concept?

I've just come back from the jersey manufacturer and was chatting to a lady there about the WT's jerseys. She said that the jersey design had been leaked and that the design is going to be "tweaked" slightly. Upshot is that the design will be basically the same.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I bet its not Steve who emailed you back. I guess Tiger management might get the message that there jersey designs are a optical nightmare when they don't sell or they see fans wearing the better looking, older jerseys. Good luck with your emailing, hopefully fan power can change something.

I'm pretty sure it's him, I have to say he has always replied to e-mails.

I can't see that design changing much so late.

This was posted on another forum, it looks brilliant IMO. Seriously, a jersey with a V and with orange, black and white colours should look f**king awesome. Just keep it simple!

weststigers.jpg

jim_57

Staff member
Those are 1000 times better! How anyone can manage to stuff up so badly with one of the best colour combinations is beyond me. I like the above designs more than any I have seen on this thread.