What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The V looks to me to be the same "bib" vee that they tried with the Roosters. After one season, they ditched it for the "full vee".

Frailty

First Grade
The canberra v-style jerseys look very-ESL to me.

Replace the green with blue, and I swear it is an old Leeds Rhinos or Warrington Wolves jersey.

But how good were the Sharks jerseys last night? They should keep that design as the home jersey (minus the names of course!)

applesauce

Bench
1 is the best (like the darker shade). Very Roosters though.

I loved the Sharks jersey last night Fraitly!

Last edited:
The Raiders will be wearing one of these in 2012:

jersey%20a.jpg
jersey%20b.jpg
jersey%20c.jpg
jersey%20d.jpg

Maybe asking the fans to come up with designs isn't the best idea after all...

I like option 2. If the Raiders are going to change their jersey design then I reckon they should move away from their current design altogether. Blue sleeves are sexy.

Don't mind #4 either.

Thought the Cronulla members jersey looked OK last night. Even though the black and white in the middle hoop have been swapped over from the traditional design, guessing that was done to keep sponsor happy?

Members_0020_Jersey_0020_2011_0020_(Small).jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I’m so sick of teams changing awesome jerseys for pieces of sh*t ala Canberra and Cronulla. Why can’t more clubs be like Saints, Easts, Souths, etc.

Completely unrelated matter but does anyone here know how to make mail bombs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canberra looks like they're trying to be tasteful. Cronulla dropped the ball though.

Red Bear

Referee
I like the first and last ones the most but the other two arent exactly horrible either, it would take an almighty effort to oust the Tigers and Knights for the worst jerseys in the comp
The Tigers have great heritage jerseys (because Wests and Balmain had excellent jerseys, obviously) but they struggle with the home and away ones. The current and previous ones are better than the ones before that (herbal world etc)

sheepbender

Juniors
I like option 2. If the Raiders are going to change their jersey design then I reckon they should move away from their current design altogether. Blue sleeves are sexy.

Don't mind #4 either.

Was worried that no one would agree with me if I said I like #2 and #4, phew... Any way, the lighter green is the only green the Raiders should wear, the dark is ugly...Whilst blue is a minor colour for them, no harm jazzing things up with blue sleeves, looks good to me..

Philby

Juniors
As a Raiders fan who can't stand the Roosters they better not go with any of those V options. Stick with the current home one!!!

# 3 if forced to pick

those Vs arent the raiders. the raiders arent a V team.

they had a geniused V with the ozemail jerseys. they were crap.

stick with what they have IMO

Tom Shines

First Grade
The more I look at Canberra's no.2 option, the more the Blue sleeves grow on me.

It looks very ESL, but I reckon it's a good option.

Sharkies one last night was fantastic... maybe, just maybe, some clubs are getting the hint about sh*t jerseys?

Knightmare

Coach
One thing the AFL has over us is that their clubs have the same home jersey every year. You know what Collingwood are going to wear, you know what Carlton, St Kilda and Geelong are going to wear. Even newer teams like Adelaide can run out in the same jersey year after year without club marketing feeling the need to change it to some mediocre piece of crap in order to screw more $$$ out of overly loyal supporters.

Don't know why Canberra are changing their jersey (or Cronulla changed theirs) but the Raiders should go with number 3 if they absolutely MUST change it.

Charlie124

First Grade
Cowboys 2011 jerseys are finally available to purchase at major retailers (rebel sport, amart etc.) Its a shame you have to wait 3 weeks into the comp to buy the jersey in brisbane, especially when we play in brisbane in round 1...

Latest posts