What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

dollyhands

Juniors
Hello troll, as dumb as juro is at least he isn't a troll (I think) like you are. I didn't get owned in any way at all. A 1 off honorary membership that may or may not have been given for free is not the same thing as what Manly did, or what was suggested we did in the first place.

And like I said, if it makes you morons happy, count our total as 20,383 instead of 20,384. But to say because 1 membership may or may not have been given away in a one off honorary case, that we then have mass freebies all over the place, that is the height of irrationality. It's like saying we've defeated terrorism because we killed 1 terrorist guy yesterday.
:lol:Now i own you:lol:

Why bother opening your mouth when you're so ignorant? Every single one of our memberships that make up our total are completely and totally fully paid up. Manly were giving away free memberships at one point this offseason. We never have. Fail attempt at trolling is just fail.

I know a couple of schools Ive worked at in the Shire and Bankstown area where free honorary Souths membership packs have been given to kids in IM and IO classes at mainstream schools (thats intellectually mild and intellectually moderate). Not saying that its a bad thing, infact i think it's a GREAT initiative that the clubs in those areas should be pursuing instead...but no you're right, i can't be certain that these non-ticketed packs are counted in the 20k.

I do however think that was an un-warranted and troll-like reaction given the relative innocence of my comment in the context of this thread. SO, stop being such an ancy prick

BunniesMan

Immortal
I know a couple of schools Ive worked at in the Shire and Bankstown area where free honorary Souths membership packs have been given to kids in IM and IO classes at mainstream schools (thats intellectually mild and intellectually moderate). Not saying that its a bad thing, infact i think it's a GREAT initiative that the clubs in those areas should be pursuing instead...but no you're right, i can't be certain that these non-ticketed packs are counted in the 20k.

I do however think that was an un-warranted and troll-like reaction given the relative innocence of my comment in the context of this thread. SO, stop being such an ancy prick
And you're wrong again. I'm aware of packs being given to school students. They have to behave, not get in trouble (in school and outside of it) etc and they're given pack through Souths Cares. Everyone of those packs are fully paid for, not by Russel Crowe or the Rabbitohs themselves, but by individuals who wish to donate.

The info is here:

https://secure.ticketdesq.com/book/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&TicketDesqID=25&OrgID=3677

The point is every single one of those are fully paid for by someone. That is completely different to things being given away for free with no money coming in.

One of the big reasons we've been profitable the last couple of years (without a proper leagues club) has been the income we get from memberships, and the fact that each and everyone of them has been fully paid for.

They are paid for by sponsors wanting a tax write off.

Yeah, could be true. Like I said though, cant be sure but if this is the case then they certainly would be counted in the membership numbers.

I can say with absolute certainty that circa 2006-7 the Motor Accident Authority through their brand AriveAlive purchased atleast one block of 50 Souths memberships for kids in similar circumstances although this may have been part of their sponsorship deal.

cleary89

Coach
It is. I found an article written by souths commending a souths sponsor paying for 100 of them for schools.

But yeh, they are definitely counted but its like $60 for a fully ticketed member. Good initiative, but its just companies wanting a tax write off.

And you're wrong again. I'm aware of packs being given to school students. They have to behave, not get in trouble (in school and outside of it) etc and they're given pack through Souths Cares. Everyone of those packs are fully paid for, not by Russel Crowe or the Rabbitohs themselves, but by individuals who wish to donate.

Where was I wrong? I've never mentioned the club being the source of the free tickets and I dont think ive ever posted a word about Crowe :shock:
No need to open a statement with such a blind piece of rhetoric.
Seriously mate, in the last hour I've been called a troll, conceded that I am unsure of the circumstances behind the supporters packs (ie whether or not they count or who subsidises them) n then told im wrong for making this concession.

Don't take it out on me because other forum users call you bunniesfag

BunniesMan

Immortal
Where was I wrong? I've never mentioned the club being the source of the free tickets and I dont think ive ever posted a word about Crowe :shock:
No need to open a statement with such a blind piece of rhetoric.
Seriously mate, in the last hour I've been called a troll, conceded that I am unsure of the circumstances behind the supporters packs (ie whether or not they count or who subsidises them) n then told im wrong for making this concession.

Don't take it out on me because other forum users call you bunniesfag
Know you're bringing in irrelevant namecalling and you're trying to argue you're NOT a troll?

Yet again, they're not free and you keep saying they are. You remind me of crazy conspiracy theorists who maintain than Obama isn't an american regardless of the fact that there is absolutely zero proof he isn't.

Our memberships are not free, we have 20k+ fully paid up members. That's with no premiership in 40 years and 1 finals game in 21 years.

Those are some FACTS. That's more than what you've contributed in most of yours posts in the last couple pages of this thread.

Last edited:

STG-MACCA

Bench
And a large portion of those are only for 1 stadium. So they still have room to grow before they have to either look at jacking up the prices and making a waiting list, Green Bay Packers style, or making significant upgrades to their stadiums.

Wrong, we have over 10k ticketed at Kogarah, yes we have plenty of room to grow (double) but the majority of these 10k are actually members at both stadiums it is Wollongong only memberships that is on the lower spectrum.

Saints are officially over 20k members now and still the leading ticketed club in the NRL

BDGS

Bench
Dragons Reach Significant Red V Membership Milestone

3/05/2011 2:59:29 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons are proudly 20,000 Red V Members strong for the first time after the Club reached its 2011 target over the weekend.
Furthermore, the Dragons have overcome several rivals to be christened the Club with the highest number of Ticketed memberships in the NRL.
The Dragons in the end were able to edge out the Brisbane Broncos to claim the honor with an impressive 14, 885 ticketed memberships achieved so far in 2011.
http://www.dragons.com.au/?s=article-display&id=36348

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Great work Dragons, fantastic for the entire game.

2 NRL clubs now over 20k members.

It would be great if they can close in on the swans who i think float around 30k members?

News on memberships has very much dried up in recent months. Hope HQ give us a final tally soon, annoying that they stopped the regular updates

Know you're bringing in irrelevant namecalling and you're trying to argue you're NOT a troll?

Yet again, they're not free and you keep saying they are. You remind me of crazy conspiracy theorists who maintain than Obama isn't an american regardless of the fact that there is absolutely zero proof he isn't.

Our memberships are not free, we have 20k+ fully paid up members. That's with no premiership in 40 years and 1 finals game in 21 years.

Those are some FACTS. That's more than what you've contributed in most of yours posts in the last couple pages of this thread.

Look mate, I made an offhanded comment about "Souths Freebies" and "Easts Cheapies."
You reacted with 'Why bother opening your mouth when you're so ignorant?' and 'Fail attempt at trolling is just fail.'
I immediatley conceeded that I don't know the full story as to whether these memberships are counted but it IS FACT that I know some mildly intellectually disabled children who follow the Dragons, Wests, Canterbury and Parramatta who are apparently Souths members...Now I never claimed that I know the story behind this. Perhaps Cleary89 is right and these are purchased on behalf of corporates. In which case you are right...the club didn't make this move which i refered to as a 'GREAT INITIATIVE" out of the goodness of their hearts and money is being made from all membership sales. It does however bring into repute the claims (not by you, so settle down) that membership numbers necessarily equate to the size of supporter base

MsStorm

Bench
It would be great if they can close in on the swans who i think float around 30k members?

Having around 5,000 Melbourne members helps boost their numbers.
A similar scenario occurs with the Brisbane Lions who also have some good membership numbers in Melbourne from the old Fitzroy supporters.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade

News on memberships has very much dried up in recent months. Hope HQ give us a final tally soon, annoying that they stopped the regular updates

25K of which as someone pointed out more then 5K are in Melbourne

the Lions only have 18K members .. of which about 5K are in Melbourne
they certainly aren't all tickketed
so the Broncos tally of 15K ticketed is certainly better then the Lions

dimitri

First Grade
25K of which as someone pointed out more then 5K are in Melbourne

the Lions only have 18K members .. of which about 5K are in Melbourne
they certainly aren't all tickketed
so the Broncos tally of 15K ticketed is certainly better then the Lions

believe me - its much closer to 10k in melbourne