What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

"The Dragons in the end were able to edge out the Brisbane Broncos to claim the honor with an impressive 14, 885 ticketed memberships achieved so far in 2011."

Obviously having 2 home grounds helps. But still a good milestone given the droncs massive consolidated supporter base

BDGS

Bench
"The Dragons in the end were able to edge out the Brisbane Broncos to claim the honor with an impressive 14, 885 ticketed memberships achieved so far in 2011."

Obviously having 2 home grounds helps. But still a good milestone given the droncs massive consolidated supporter base

what are the results of the other 14 teams?

Jason Maher

Immortal
My wife just bought me an interstate (unticketed) Red V membership for my birtthday (which is n a couple of weeks).

docbrown

Coach
Knights community memberships tally have passed the 5,000 mark putting us at around the 13-14k mark total.

I've noticed they've opened up 2 more bays - one on the Eastern side near the family bay and another in the new grandstand.

They say it's got 5 days left on the site. I don't know if it will be extended or not.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Newcastle's community thing has reaped results - 18k on a soaking night at Ausgrid evidence of that against Parra 5:30 last Saturday.

docbrown

Coach
Newcastle's community thing has reaped results - 18k on a soaking night at Ausgrid evidence of that against Parra 5:30 last Saturday.

Next game - Knights vs Panthers - same timeslot.

If it doesn't rain and we can get more than 20k (despite Panthers recent performance) it will be another good indicator.

joshreading

Staff member
Amazingly the Storm will likely beat last years total. With some consistency and winning back the disenfranchised and some of the Union Rebel bandwagon at present we should pick up crowds in general in time.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I wish the NRL would update their membership page.

Dam right. They did really well before kickoff with regular weekly updates, but news has dried up since late march. Still final figures shouldn't be too far away as i beleive there is a deadline for signing up approaching?

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Amazingly the Storm will likely beat last years total. With some consistency and winning back the disenfranchised and some of the Union Rebel bandwagon at present we should pick up crowds in general in time.

I'm not normally one to make excuses for poor crowds, but Melbourne have played a lot of home games early this season. Surely this has affected the crowds in recent weeks.

It concerns me greatly the tainting of the Storm after last year. Initially I didn't think it would be the case, but being down here one does get the sense that Melbourne are seen as just cheaters and nothing else. Seems it will take some time establishing that trust amongst potential fans.

I do truly believe that the Melbourne community wants to embrace the Storm, but the task is made extremely difficult by an apathetic media.

I wish them good luck.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Pretty sure the Cowboys and Parra were the only 2 a couple of months ago...Not sure where they are at now.

The Cowboys should launch a big mid-season membership push, they are finals bound after all. May be able to jag a couple more thousand with some decent packages offered.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Pretty sure the Cowboys and Parra were the only 2 a couple of months ago...Not sure where they are at now.

The Cowboys should launch a big mid-season membership push, they are finals bound after all. May be able to jag a couple more thousand with some decent packages offered.

The last I heard Parramatta has exceeded their 2010 membershiop total by a couple of hundred.

nko11

Juniors
Just wondering... Is there a Max amount of Ticketed members to a stadium. Would the knights be allowed to sell 33K ticketed memberships and sell out the stadium with members?

BDGS

Bench
Parra now at 11,362,

2010 was 11,133 Very good considering we were shit last year,

and this year too. Good effort by parra. lets hope crowds pick up now.

Just wondering... Is there a Max amount of Ticketed members to a stadium. Would the knights be allowed to sell 33K ticketed memberships and sell out the stadium with members?

I would think so, i hope so.