What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

BunniesMan

Immortal
In fairness to the Roosters what a lot of people forget is that there are a significant number of SFS members who are Roosters fans, but would not sign up for a Roosters membership simply because they can already attend all those relevant home matches.

There is no doubt hat Souths and Bulldogs would most likely have this issue as well with the ANZ Stadium members program, but it is debatable whether it affects them in the same numbers of the Roosters.

Lets not forget Souths and Bulldogs are both significantly more popular clubs, and Roosters fans are traditionally more likely to be supporters of multiple football codes, hence why an SFS/SCG membership may have more appeal (not having a go at Roosters fans here, but the numbers do indicate that, not that is a negative either).

But yeah in short, the Roosters do have a disadvantage to some other clubs of similar supporter bases, such as Sharks, Panthers, Sea Eagles.
Agreed about the multiple football codes, a lot of Roosters fans I know also follow the Wallabies/Waratahs and the Swans. It seems like the eastern suburbs are very multi-cultural when it comes to footy codes. So it makes sense if a lot of them have SFS/SCG memberships instead of a direct Roosters membership.

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
The question becomes then, how much of an SCGT membership benefits clubs like the Roosters or Tigers? Do they get any cut of that at all?

I'm pretty sure the clubs don't receive any cut, although for the first time this year the Roosters have offered a membership to the SCG trust members.

They can finally be included in the dick measuring contest, however not by the pedantic's because I believe it falls under the category of 'non ticketed membership' ;-)

franklin2323

Immortal
Can someone post all of the clubs totals as of the moment??? The 3rd season of the NRL & Clubs really pushing memberships we should be getting great numbers now

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm pretty sure if those figures were available they'd be posted...

bazza

Immortal
The question becomes then, how much of an SCGT membership benefits clubs like the Roosters or Tigers? Do they get any cut of that at all?

They wouldn't get a cut directly - but the SFS should make it more financially attractive to play games there to give their members games that they want to see

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Jarryd Hayne 6953(TOTAL)
Ben Barba 4870(TOTAL)
Wayne Bennet 5316(TICKETED)
Russell Crowe 5727(TICKETED)

Last edited:

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
The Central Coast Bears have more paid up members than Manly.
Just do a straight swap. Manly scum into NSW cup. Bears into NRL.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Gold Coast Titans have a thing on there website(left hand side of the NRL table) stating there goal is 8000 members and the coloured section looks to be at 4000

Im guessing thats 8000 total members there talking about,doubt they could get 8000 ticketed members

http://www.titans.com.au/

cleary89

Coach
Considered one club doesn't exist and one club won a premiership 2 years ago I think it evens out.

Belmont's sporties club has over 5000 paying members. Maybe they should get a team in the NRL. Sure their memberships are $5, but still.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not aware of any $10 memberships. The lower ranges are $20 and $50 from memory, but there is also a $5,500 foundation membership. 100 of those are available and I believe up to 50 of those have already been sold.

eaglefan64

Juniors
That's Manly's only real tradition.
The fact that they have been a disgrace from the moment they were spawned.
Die Manly Scum!

north sydney bears..............Manly's bitches since 1947 :D

The bears were nothing but a massive boil on rugbly leagues ass.....thank God they got pricked and removed.:lol: