What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

dimitri

First Grade

Bulldogs fetch a record number of friends to take lead

As the race reaches the halfway mark – Bulldogs, Rabbitohs and Dragons are within a mere 50 memberships of each other.

The Bulldogs have had a successful campaign with their Membership Fetch-a-Friend fun-bus hitting Martin Place yesterday, and have edged their nose in front with 531 Memberships for the week. The club will look to build on this momentum on Thursday night when star players Andrew Ryan, Frank Pritchard and Greg Eastwood are on hand to sign up Members and meet with the Cantebury-Bankstown faithful at the Bulldogs Team store, Centro Bankstown 7pm.

South Sydney have regained second spot, on the back of players calling their fans directly and asking them to join, reaching 507. Although this campaign didn’t go exactly to plan with captain Roy Asotasi having great difficulty in trying to make Rabbitohs supporters believe it was actually him on the other end of the phone!
Meanwhile the Dragons are in 3rd on 488 and expect a surge of new members tomorrow with Dragons players manning the phones and signing membership packs in Wollongong tomorrow between 11am-12 noon. Supporters are encouraged to call on 02 4225 8299.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Dogs figures for yesterday, reported today.
Saints figures today not being announced till tomorrow.
Souths hit 18k early this morning but not much added to daily total suggests they will hit a big number tomorrow (reported)

Great promotion but constant updates would add to the excitement, and hopefully get more people keen to get involved to help their club. It shouldn't be that hard to have an almost live tally, rather than a planned drip feed to the fans

ouwet

Bench
Bill Woods The Perfect Ten For Bulldogs 10,000

17/02/2011 12:55:42 PM

Channel Ten newsreader Bill Woods has cemented his lifelong commitment to the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs by signing up as the Club’s 10,000th Member for NRL season 2011.
Woods, who started supporting Canterbury-Bankstown as a child growing up on the NSW South Coast, was ‘fetched’ by Club Legend and Membership Ambassador Terry Lamb.
“I was drawn to the Club as a result of their reputation as good performers on-field, and I took a shine to them right away,” Woods says.
“There is a still a crack in my door at my Mum’s place as a result of us losing in 1979 Grand Final to the Dragons!”
The ‘In The Backyard with Baa’ crew surprised Woods with his Membership at Ten’s Pyrmont studios, as he was preparing to read the morning news update.
And the veteran news and sports anchor had a surprise ready in return, as you will see when watching the video in the player on your right.
Woods says 2011 is the perfect time for him to make the loyalty conversion from fan to Member, with his role at Ten evolving as a result of changes to the network’s news and current affairs line up.
“Previously my profile in the media if I joined a club it might be seen to be biased,” Woods says. “But now that I am not doing sports reporting it was time to become a Member.
“If you want to truly support the Club then Membership is the way to do it. It doesn’t cost that much and it gives you a really good feeling.
“It’s not just about being part of a sporting team, but also a community organisation, and I think that is really important.”
Woods remembers the Club’s glory years throughout the 1980’s with great fondness, with the stars of the decade’s four Premierships remaining his favourite of all-time.
However, more recent figures also feature close to his heart.
“Baa and Turvey, you were the core of the Club and team,” he adds. “The way you played the game - it was tough and fair.
“More recently, Hazem El Masri stood up as a pillar of society and he also became a really good mate after my experience writing his book.”
About Bulldogs Membership
Bulldogs Membership is, to our knowledge, is the most affordable in Australian sport. Our General Admission Membership offers Adults 12 Games for $95 – which works out to less than $8 a game.
Bulldogs Membership has grown by over 200% in the past two seasons, and in 2010 we had over 12,000 paid up Members. Research tells us over 400,000 Australians are fans of the Club, and converting these fans to Members remains our greatest challenge.
This week is the Battle of the Legends, where the Bulldogs are competing against the Rabbitohs and the Dragons to see who can sign the most Members by Friday, with the winning club receiving $10,000.
Currently the Bulldogs are leading the race with over 500 Members signed for the week. For more information and to sign up as a 2011 Member, visit the website at www.bulldogs.com.au
SECURE OUR FUTURE

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Eels numbers slowing down heaps,they won't beat last years numbers unless they get a big boost in the battle of the West drive

Billythekid

First Grade
Eels numbers slowing down heaps,they won't beat last years numbers unless they get a big boost in the battle of the West drive

Which they almost certainly will. I also expect clubs to get a small boost as the pre season hype really kicks into gear and people realise footy will soon be back.

cleary89

Coach
I guess 1k for each club would be decent. Would have been sick if they got similar to the first week though. Oh well.

dimitri

First Grade
I guess 1k for each club would be decent. Would have been sick if they got similar to the first week though. Oh well.

I think for some clubs - the race promotion is their whole cake

Whilst for this week's clubs, its just the icing on the cake

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Depends, if it earns my club $10,000 or even more, I'm all for it.