What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Latest figures are in.
ladder_17022011.jpg

PaulyTom

Juniors
Melbourne total is moving along nicely seeing they started so late. Probably won't make last years total though. Cowboys also struggling. All other teams will surpass last years totals I think.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Brisbane is simply disgraceful. But that's what you get when you never have to work for anything.

A second club will certainly get their arse into gear.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Uh, at the moment, yes they do. They are currently the only team within the Brisbane metropolitan area and as such have a monopoly. Their membership should be at least more than half of Suncorp's capacity. It's nowhere near it.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
So let's get this straight - anyone who follows Rugby League in Brisbane must become a member of the Broncos as this is the only way to show you support the game in this city? And in turn these membership numbers are the accurate reflection of support for the sport in the city?

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone sometimes on this forum with some of you head cases.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:?

You seem to have a good knack for reading between lines to see things that aren't there.

It's a city of 2 million people, there's only 1 team. Are their current figures really representative of being a one team town?

For the same matter, Newcastle's figures are quite poor - but they have a much smaller population.

Western_Eel

Juniors
So let's get this straight - anyone who follows Rugby League in Brisbane must become a member of the Broncos as this is the only way to show you support the game in this city? And in turn these membership numbers are the accurate reflection of support for the sport in the city?

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone sometimes on this forum with some of you head cases.
Well the best way to support your team is to not buy a membership but go to every game as the club gets more money that way

Billythekid

First Grade
Anyone else excited about the upcoming season?!?!?
21 sleeps....

I'm annoyed that there is practically no RL between now and then. I'm surprised fox doesn't show more old games leading up to the season.

I thought about heading out to a trial game or 2 but some of the prices are outrageous. $25 to see a trial between parra/tigers? Get f*cked. Doesn't help that they aren't shown on tv at all.

For the same matter, Newcastle's figures are quite poor - but they have a much smaller population.

Really? I think Newcastles doing ok for memberships. They will probably get close to 10K with a pretty healthy jump over last year.

I also think that with the stadium being finished and a little more stability around the club we will see their membership numbers rise by a decent amount in the next few years.

Dogs Of War

Coach

To be honest, clubs never before really understood the benefits of memberships, I think the tide is turning, though they need more 3-4 game memberships. And really memberships will jump much higher if the first say 20 rounds are fixed before the season start, so people can actually plan there lives around attending and work out if a season membership is good value.

The AFL does this very well, no reason the NRL can't do it just as well. It's just about getting people used to supporting the club financially each year as a way to show support. Only have to look at the Bulldogs, about 3 years ago we had approx 3.5K members, this year so far we are at 10K. Some memberships are cheaper now, but overall I am sure the Bulldogs are ahead, not to mention that people do like to use there memberships, so it creates a good atmosphere at games, making games more of an event. That must be a major plus for the game.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Uh, at the moment, yes they do. They are currently the only team within the Brisbane metropolitan area and as such have a monopoly. Their membership should be at least more than half of Suncorp's capacity. It's nowhere near it.

At NRL level? you are right

Overall? you are wrong

supera

Juniors
Well the best way to support your team is to not buy a membership but go to every game as the club gets more money that way

thats incorrect. clubs get more money from memberships - why do u think they push them so hard? when u buy on the gate, the stadium and ticket agency take a cut.

dimitri

First Grade
we are still a few years behind but at least we are heading in the right direction

In AFL - if you say you are a supporter, but not a Member, people will automatically classify as a fairweather fan

You dont have to be a season ticket member

you can be just a mini member or supporter member.

it all counts - especially for clubs like the sharks