What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

BDGS

Bench
There are plenty of clubs who really look to be building a solid membership as we enter a new commercial phase of Rugby league. I would expect the dragons to consolidate on the onfield success and reach 20,00 in the next 2 seasons. Remember the current category one tickets at both home grounds are sold out to ticketed members so the redevelopments of both grounds will make more memberships available there.
Similarly Newcastle, with the redevelopment of energy australia stadium will offer an excellent game night experience. Most Novocastrians follow the knights and are a proud people who will understand the importance of membership as the media continues to play up the importance of 'off field battle' in the coming years.
Brisbane too with a catchment that size should have a higher membership but expect proud queenslanders to join up in flocks in the coming seasons. The Broncs fans have been spoiled by 20 years of sucess but have maintained loyalty through a disappointing 2010 averaging crowds of 35,000+. Combine this with on field success and a well focused membership drive and Brisbane should be able to build a membership base of 25,000+ in the next 3-5 years.
Final thought, well done Gold Coast for being the first club in 2011 to surpass their 2010 membership numbers.
Thoughts?

You have it pretty well covered there, great overall sumarry, hopefully you are right.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Full schedule of events for next week for Penrith:

Saturday -

5 matches at Centrebet Stadium
Free entry for Panthers and Eels Members
Updated Membership Tally live on the Big Screen
Membership marquees throughout the stadium
Memorabilia display by Icons of Sport
Penrith JL Rego Day from 11:30am. Where players can register for any club in the district

Sunday -

Fan Day
Members only Player section.
BBQ
Jumping Castles
Football clinics

Monday -

Drummond Golf - Longest Drive
Lachlan Coote to compete against Members only in a Longest Drive Competition
Major and minor prizes on offer

Tuesday -

Members only online footy trivia from 7pm
Prizes on offer for the winners
Players live on Facebook from 7:30pm
Players online playing poker against Members on the Centrebet website from 7:30

Wednesday -

Greg Alexander plus other 1991 premiership winning Members appearing at Westfields Penrith
Legend for the day winner announced

Thursday -

Entire Penrith squad at Westfields Penrith
Telathon/Membership drive
Q & A with players

Friday -

Entire Panthers squad will travel through the community to recruit members

St Marys Village Centre - 2-4:30pm
St Clair Shopping Centre - 11am - 2pm
Windsor Riverview Shopping Centre - 11am - 12pm
Rouse Hill Town Centre - 2 -4:30pm
Rebel Sport Blacktown - 3-5pm
Petero and Nathan Hindmarsh will be at Rebel Sport for the final Membership drive.

franklin2323

Immortal
Daz, Also a huge mailout has just happened. My boss a Panthers member but a Tigers fan got a membership booklet posted to him. I can only assume it was generated off the database from the club of leagues club members who aren't football members. IMO Good plan it hits 50k plus members who may not be aware that they arent football members given they can vote in elections. Also the Penrith Press has sign up forms inside them

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Yeah i also got the Membership Booklet in the mail with a cover letter from Petero.

I heard they are planning to hit 250,000 homes.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
They are going to throw everything at the Penrith District next week...Even though most of the people that will be around the events and recieve the brochures in the mail don't even support Penrith.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah i also got the Membership Booklet in the mail with a cover letter from Petero.

I heard they are planning to hit 250,000 homes.

It's a good idea. Take the Sharks vote to other day. If Penrith were to have 1 EVERY club member votes. However may not be aware they aren't a football club member.

Get EVERY leagues club member across the comp to be football members and league thrives. It's a new concept but it's slowly getting there AFL have always had members wheras we have gone more for Leagues club members until about 3 seasons ago it was the norm. We need to change that so Education like this bulk mailout is a great start

The Hawkesbury and Mountains papers had to form in it also. So they are hitting the wider catchment so good stuff

Raiderdave

First Grade
I just had a look at the tigers draw for this year and they may have already.

Correct me if i'm wrong but on the NRL website it has 6 games at Campbelltown and 5 at Leichhardt and 1 at the SFS for heritage round.

Cambelltown games:
Rounds: 3,7, 11, 15, 16, 25
Leichhardt games:
Rounds: 2, 13, 20, 22, 24
SFS games:
Round: 5

nope
they have a game at the SCG V the Dragons at some stage too
so I'm not sure where you're getting the above from

they have usually had a split of 4 each at their smaller suburban grounds & 3 at the SFS ( the last 2 years ) prior to that at ANZ & had 1 at the SCG V Souths in 2009

much better split ratio in my opinion
the Tigers had big clashes against cross town rivals coverd with potential if going well to draw big crowds .. & smaller venues for sides that don't attract the Crowds .. Like Cowboys /Melbourne

ouwet

Bench
Bulldogs at 10,914... 2086 off it's target of 13,000 before kick off in 2011!

I'm hoping we can get 15,000 by May 1 or whatever date they close for this year.

BDGS

Bench
nope
they have a game at the SCG V the Dragons at some stage too
so I'm not sure where you're getting the above from

they have usually had a split of 4 each at their smaller suburban grounds & 3 at the SFS ( the last 2 years ) prior to that at ANZ & had 1 at the SCG V Souths in 2009

much better split ratio in my opinion
the Tigers had big clashes against cross town rivals coverd with potential if going well to draw big crowds .. & smaller venues for sides that don't attract the Crowds .. Like Cowboys /Melbourne

As already stated in this thread, i got the information from: http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/2011draw/tabid/10978/team/15/default.aspx

Dogs Of War

Coach
Bulldogs at 10,914... 2086 off it's target of 13,000 before kick off in 2011!

I'm hoping we can get 15,000 by May 1 or whatever date they close for this year.

If they didn't change the can't get to the game membership so it didn't exclude buying finals tickets, I would have had it by now. Hopefully I can get another role not doing shift work (actively looking), which would enable me to justify getting a full season ticket, but while it's a floating schedule, it's a lottery if I will be able to attend. Bulldogs need a 4-6 game pass for people like me, even if it was priced at say $60-$65 (as compared to the $95 for the full season pass), or even better seated membership at the sides of the stadium (maybe redeem/book your seat the Wednesday before the game), you would get a good take up of that type of ticket. Something I should email the Bulldogs about, as I am sure there are plenty of shift/weekend workers who support the Bulldogs, but like me, cannot justify buying the season ticket.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If its only $95 for a full season pass then surely if you attend more than 3 or 4 games it is still good value?

ByRd

First Grade
Well a GA ticket on game day is $20 for an adult and i think $25-30 for cat 1 and 2 tickets so if you attend at least 5 out of the 12 games you are saving money.

Perth Red

Post Whore
with the added benefits of membership I would suggest even attending 4 or more would make it good value.

applesauce

Bench
As one incorrect poster here said "It's better for your club to buy each ticket individually", ALL of your membership money goes towards your club. Only a % goes towards them if you purchase through Ticketek.

PaulyTom

Juniors
How are the Storm going with their recruitment of members. Let's hope they can push towards 10,000. I know last year there membership surged after the drama of the salary cap rort.

applesauce

Bench
How are the Storm going with their recruitment of members. Let's hope they can push towards 10,000. I know last year there membership surged after the drama of the salary cap rort.

5,812 as of the 17th of Feb. Should be able to get towards 10k as their increases each update have been huge due to the hold off.