What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Claws Panther

Juniors
Ignore what is on the NRL website for membership numbers. These numbers are BS non-ticketed numbers. For example these include all of the giveaways and $35 merchandise purchases where you get a bumper sticker calling you a member.
For mine, if you cant vote and dont go to the footy at all, you are not a member. But that is IMO apparently.
Check out the Monday telegraph everyweek. Here the NRL post the ticketed member numbers for each club. Unfortunately for the Roosters and manly they somehow lost the Battle of the Beaches to the sharks who only have 2500 ticketed members heaps less than last year. Oh but they have 3500 Non ticketed members so of course they should have won :?:?
If I was the Roosters I would be demanding the $10,000 from the NRL. I have nothing vested in the Battle of the Beaches in fact I normally cheers on teh Sharks when they play the Roosters. But this one smells and I just cant see why no one has caught on yet?

Claws Panther

Juniors
It's a good idea. Take the Sharks vote to other day. If Penrith were to have 1 EVERY club member votes. However may not be aware they aren't a football club member.

Get EVERY leagues club member across the comp to be football members and league thrives. It's a new concept but it's slowly getting there AFL have always had members wheras we have gone more for Leagues club members until about 3 seasons ago it was the norm. We need to change that so Education like this bulk mailout is a great start

The Hawkesbury and Mountains papers had to form in it also. So they are hitting the wider catchment so good stuff

They are also launching a VIP membership (Very Important Panther) and all you have to do is be a member of both the leagues club and be a ticketed member. It gets you $2 beers and VIP parking on game days. I hope it works because not only will it encourage 55,000 leagues club members to join footy but it will also help the almost 5000 passionate ticketed members join the leagues club and make a real difference to the place.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith up to 4839 TICKETED Members.

The Blackhole Group which is Penrith's equivalent of The Kennel, Borrow, Chook Pen etc. Sold out last night. The group has grown from about 60 members in 2009 to over 700 now.

There is a Membership Brochure in most local papers this week too.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
well you didn't read it very well

theres at least 4 tiger home games at the SFS in this link & the 1 at the SCG I mentioned :?

Incorrect. 3 at the SFS, 1 at SCG. 4 at Leichhardt and Campbelltown each

Raiderdave

First Grade
Incorrect. 3 at the SFS, 1 at SCG. 4 at Leichhardt and Campbelltown each

which is what i said earlier in the thread
4 each at the smaller venues .. 4 at larger ones

I see they've put the Doggies on at Campbelltown
& Broncos on at the SFS :?

would have had that the other way round .... they'll close the gates for the Doggies game an hour before kickoff

Raiderdave

First Grade
Ignore what is on the NRL website for membership numbers. These numbers are BS non-ticketed numbers. For example these include all of the giveaways and $35 merchandise purchases where you get a bumper sticker calling you a member.
For mine, if you cant vote and dont go to the footy at all, you are not a member. But that is IMO apparently.
Check out the Monday telegraph everyweek. Here the NRL post the ticketed member numbers for each club. Unfortunately for the Roosters and manly they somehow lost the Battle of the Beaches to the sharks who only have 2500 ticketed members heaps less than last year. Oh but they have 3500 Non ticketed members so of course they should have won :?:?
If I was the Roosters I would be demanding the $10,000 from the NRL. I have nothing vested in the Battle of the Beaches in fact I normally cheers on teh Sharks when they play the Roosters. But this one smells and I just cant see why no one has caught on yet?

when we ignore the numbers the AFL post .. we'll do the same
half of their " huge " numbers .. are not full ticketed either :roll:

Smiley

Bench
Broncos fan day this weekend so there should be a sizable increase in next week's membership numbers.

BDGS

Bench

no no, all members are members. Ticketed or not, every contribution should be counted and given acknowledgement.

BDGS

Bench
well you didn't read it very well

theres at least 4 tiger home games at the SFS in this link & the 1 at the SCG I mentioned :?

That particular link has changed since i was on it.

I remember because i was surprised (in a good way) when i saw it.

dimitri

First Grade
Leichhardt imo is not fit for nrl games and is stunting tigers growth

they should play 6 games at SFS and 6 at ANZ

BDGS

Bench

You are incorrect. ANZ is a f**king sh*thole. Leichhardt is awesome.

well to be far, anybody can have any opinion of any stadium. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong.

But the Tigers shouldn't be playing at ANZ at all, Campbelltown is still a good stadium.

joshreading

Staff member
The Tiger can EASILY get to the point soon where their average is greater than Leichardts capacity. Aside from a jaunt down memory lane its time is coming.

The NRL should eventually look at increasing minimum capacity in general to 25 - 30 thousand.

BDGS

Bench
The Tiger can EASILY get to the point soon where their average is greater than Leichardts capacity. Aside from a jaunt down memory lane its time is coming.

The NRL should eventually look at increasing minimum capacity in general to 25 - 30 thousand.

As good as that sounds, i really don't want to go down the path of the AFL and having something like 4-5 teams playing out of one venue.

BDGS

Bench
ALL should be counted as memberships, people should just pay more attention to the ticketed patrons of each club if that tickles their fancy.

Either way all sporting codes count both ticketed and non-ticketed memberships.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If there's anywhere the Tigers shouldn't be playing, it's the SFS. They are the Wests Tigers, how the f**k can they justify playing EAST of the city?

perhaps

but its a fun night at the footy.

would hate to lose that.

they should play at campbelltown more though IMO. maybe 6 games at C town. 3 at anz and 3 at leichardt.