What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Eels Dude

Coach
The school I work at.... But not much, like any other housing area. Average house price of 700k so everyone thinks they are f**king rich and every house is the size of an rsl club. Woolies, few other shops, primary school and a high school.

However, was a heaps of land but they are in the first of 5 stages to develop it into new housing area. Wouldn't be a bad area for it, still a fair bit of land in surrounding areas.

Problem is it's located nowhere near a train station. The closest is Liverpool which is still a massive 10kms away. Making it impossible for a most people to get to.

clarency

Juniors
What is in cecil hills? Cant say Ive been there, but seems (geographically at least) to be the perfect spot for a super stadium in between penrith/bankstown/parramatta/campbelltown!!

Would not be a great place at all. I'm right near it and yea it's a pretty expensive residential area, and it's quite small at that. Very little public transport in the area, and I don't think the stadium will add to the value of the houses which the residents most certainly care about.

The only club I can see not beating their 2010 total is North Queensland, and maybe Melbourne. Every other club will beat their total and probably add at least another 20% onto it. Hopefully we can record similar growth figures for the next 5 years, and all clubs have 10k members minimum.

I would expect melbourne to well and truley top their 2010 total. Unlike most clubs, they didnt start selling 2011 memberships until Feburary

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Gotta say, although Parra and the Dogs had dissapointing years last year, im not impressed with the membership numbers of both. Both are the only Sydney teams not to beat last years total and I think the goal of every team should be to beat their previous total by kick off.

ouwet

Bench
Gotta say, although Parra and the Dogs had dissapointing years last year, im not impressed with the membership numbers of both. Both are the only Sydney teams not to beat last years total and I think the goal of every team should be to beat their previous total by kick off.

Bulldogs are 800 off last years total... We will beat it by round 1! I'm still expecting 15K members for us by May 1.
If only the Bulldogs offered 6 game memberships... We'd have a lot more sign up!

age.s

First Grade
Would not be a great place at all. I'm right near it and yea it's a pretty expensive residential area, and it's quite small at that. Very little public transport in the area, and I don't think the stadium will add to the value of the houses which the residents most certainly care about.

Agreed. It would be a terrible place to put a stadium. If we're going to build a shared stadium it should be as close as possible to the majority of the city's population. No point building some little tin shed out in whoop whoop. That's no better than what we have now.

applesauce

Bench
Question 1.

So thats 40% of all teams?

40% across the board, so I guess it depends on early season success for individual clubs.

Someone here said that figure and I wasn't quite sure. But then the NRL Facebook earlier in the week said there is a 40% growth currently in memberships, then the NRL came out yesterday saying we have beating last years numbers.

So considering many memberships are sold once the season is up and going plus the fact we already have 40% growth on last year, those numbers should continue to significantly rise in the first few rounds.

Question 2.

How do we get updates of every team after the season starts? doesn't the NRL stop its weekly updates?

I assume the NRL will stay with it on Thursdays.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I am shock to see the Panthers so low and I would have thought the Tigers numbers would have been over 10G. It is good to see Shark membership up above 6G. How awesome would it be for the game if teams like the Rabbitohs and Dragons crack the 20G. The Rabbits are getting pretty close.

age.s

First Grade
I am shock to see the Panthers so low and I would have thought the Tigers numbers would have been over 10G. It is good to see Shark membership up above 6G. How awesome would it be for the game if teams like the Rabbitohs and Dragons crack the 20G. The Rabbits are getting pretty close.

The western Sydney teams are all comparitively lower than their Sydney counterparts because their "membership premiership" week is next week. Not sure about the Eels and the Tigers, but the Panthers have a huge amount of activities planned to increase memberships over the next week. You should see our numbers jump sharply.

dimitri

First Grade
Bulldogs are 800 off last years total... We will beat it by round 1! I'm still expecting 15K members for us by May 1.
If only the Bulldogs offered 6 game memberships... We'd have a lot more sign up!

im pretty sure their country package is 6 games

and if u live in sydney everyone should just buy the GA package.

its only $95 - so if you only get to 6 games - it still works out cheaper than buying 6 tickets on games day (6 x $20) - in fact its even cheaper than 5 x buying tickets on game day:crazy:

BDGS

Bench

its only $95 - so if you only get to 6 games - it still works out cheaper than buying 6 tickets on games day (6 x $20) - in fact its even cheaper than 5 x buying tickets on game day:crazy:

Yep, easily best valued membership in the country!

ouwet

Bench
Bulldogs at 11,056 members!

The whole lower tier of the Western Grandstand has been sold out (Except 400 seats in the Kennel Section):D

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench

Believe me i know... I tell people that!

But it seems to be the excuse for quite a few people! Maybe they're expecting to get 6 games for $50 or something:oops: Tight arses!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think ouwet meant the Western side. Which is where (last I checked) all rectangle field sports (RL, Soccer, RU) broadcasted from last I checked.