What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

ouwet

Bench
I think ouwet meant the Western side. Which is where (last I checked) all rectangle field sports (RL, Soccer, RU) broadcasted from last I checked.

My bad... You are correct Timmah! I meant Western not Eastern...:oops:

cleary89

Coach
Good and bad. The members feel catered to that all the on field signage is pointed to theit way, but bad that the cameras dont show it.

Von

Juniors
Red White & Blue members = 7833
not bad for a club who apparently has no fans.

Would love to crack 10K.

Von

Juniors
Apple, I'm really starting to think Wests Tigers aren't as followed as everyone thinks.

Billythekid

First Grade
Apple, I'm really starting to think Wests Tigers aren't as followed as everyone thinks.

There are other ways of measuring support besides memberships (like the tigers always being in the top 1 or 2 for crowds in Sydney). I think there are other factors holding back the tigers memberships besides lack of support.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The challenge for the Tigers is to turn the crowd figures into memberships. Other clubs have had little trouble doing so, the Tigers should really be doing better than they are in the memberships department... really they should be at the Dogs/Eels level if not more...

H.H

Juniors
Red White & Blue members = 7833
not bad for a club who apparently has no fans.

Would love to crack 10K.
Oh we will my Rooster brother.

We should be over 8.5k by season kick off with further sales in first month or so of the comp to take us to 10k

Billythekid

First Grade
The challenge for the Tigers is to turn the crowd figures into memberships. Other clubs have had little trouble doing so, the Tigers should really be doing better than they are in the memberships department... really they should be at the Dogs/Eels level if not more...

I agree. I think the issue of playing at so many stadiums is a big one, and the tigers need to offer a variety of memberships to overcome it.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The best way to judge memerships is to see how teams do after a bad season,while its nice that teams like the Raiders/Roosters have increased im not giving them too much credit after them coming off good seasons,i will wait until those teams have a bad season to see if memberships are really working for teams like that.

So far teams like the Eels and Doggies are doing great coming off shocking seasons,would teams like the Roosters/Raiders have a increase if they came off similar seasons ? i doubt it but we will see in the future.

Von

Juniors
Don't know Haynetrain?

I'm sure there is always a lot of bandwagon jumpers after a successful season, but I can only state when I joined...and that was after we "won" the wooden spoon.
The tough times are when true supporters stand up.

yakstorm

First Grade
I agree. I think the issue of playing at so many stadiums is a big one, and the tigers need to offer a variety of memberships to overcome it.

The multiple stadiums really should be helping to inflate the Wests Tigers membership numbers rather than holding them back, similar to the advantage the Dragon's get out of being able to sell to two separate markets.

The problems with the Wests Tigers memberships, is their pricing and the perceived lack of value of some of their packages.

First off, the prices for whether you want just a membership at Leichhardt / Campbelltown or SFS are all identical. Now Leichhardt and Campbelltown are 'boutique' venues when it comes to available seating, verses the SFS which is a clear 'capacity' stadium, so why should it cost me the same for a Cat 1 membership at all three venues? The laws of supply and demand would indicate that Leichhardt and Campbelltown, which both have next to no free capacity left, should be higher than the SFS, where there are so many more available seats to sell.

Secondly if I wanted to buy at just the SFS/SCG with the Wests Tigers, it would cost me $100 for 4 games. Bulldogs and Roosters both offer 12 game GA packages for the same price.

supera

Juniors
personally i think the tigers membership packages are crap, that adversely affects jumbers more than anything.

Billythekid

First Grade
The multiple stadiums really should be helping to inflate the Wests Tigers membership numbers rather than holding them back, similar to the advantage the Dragon's get out of being able to sell to two separate markets.

The problems with the Wests Tigers memberships, is their pricing and the perceived lack of value of some of their packages.

First off, the prices for whether you want just a membership at Leichhardt / Campbelltown or SFS are all identical. Now Leichhardt and Campbelltown are 'boutique' venues when it comes to available seating, verses the SFS which is a clear 'capacity' stadium, so why should it cost me the same for a Cat 1 membership at all three venues? The laws of supply and demand would indicate that Leichhardt and Campbelltown, which both have next to no free capacity left, should be higher than the SFS, where there are so many more available seats to sell.

Secondly if I wanted to buy at just the SFS/SCG with the Wests Tigers, it would cost me $100 for 4 games. Bulldogs and Roosters both offer 12 game GA packages for the same price.

It should inflate their numbers but when handled poorly it does the opposite. The tigers membership options/prices are terrible. Until they address this they will struggle.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Shocking from Penrith IMO. Its a Panthers home game and Parra only fall 10 (approx) short.

I went to the game, im not prepared to say there were more Parra fans, but it was close.