What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Shocking from Penrith IMO. Its a Panthers home game and Parra only fall 10 (approx) short.

I went to the game, im not prepared to say there were more Parra fans, but it was close.

You do realise that Parra probably have 4 times more support than Penrith overall. Plus Parra are just as popular in Penrith than the Panthers.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You do realise that Parra probably have 4 times more support than Penrith overall. Plus Parra are just as popular in Penrith than the Panthers.
Well what are the Panthers doing about this? Surely in the 44 years of their existance they have had enough time to gather a larger supporter base. Especially considering they have won 2 premierships in the last 20 years compared to the eels none (sorry eels fans).
The panthers can't keeping using the fact that they are a youngish club as an excuse for poor crowds and memberships. Its step up time.

abpanther

Staff member
Well what are the Panthers doing about this? Surely in the 44 years of their existance they have had enough time to gather a larger supporter base. Especially considering they have won 2 premierships in the last 20 years compared to the eels none (sorry eels fans).
The panthers can't keeping using the fact that they are a youngish club as an excuse for poor crowds and memberships. Its step up time.

It seems like they are doing a hell of a lot trying to get new members, I don't think you can fault the effort

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It seems like they are doing a hell of a lot trying to get new members, I don't think you can fault the effort
No I cannot fault the effort of this season, kudos to the panthers. My point is that the panthers should be an absolutely huge club. The support for the game in the region is probably bigger than anywhere else in NSW. After 44 years they should be rivaling the other big clubs from western sydney in memberships and crowds. I hope they do soon.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Many of the prominent posters on this website live in Penrith but support other teams. Why don't you throw the question out to them?

I personally believe with experiences from kids at school i went to it's cause their parents support other teams.

The support for the game is huge out here.I think the Penrith district produce many members for the Dogs, Eels, Tigers and Souths.

As for the Battle of the West. It started yesterday and runs till Friday 5PM. Petero and Hindmarsh are at Rebel Sport Blacktown for the conclusion.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
No I cannot fault the effort of this season, kudos to the panthers. My point is that the panthers should be an absolutely huge club. The support for the game in the region is probably bigger than anywhere else in NSW. After 44 years they should be rivaling the other big clubs from western sydney in memberships and crowds. I hope they do soon.
As Panther Daz said plenty support the game but not the Panthers. Also making the finals 9 times out of 44 there hasn't been the success to lure the average fan. If you look the top top teams in members. Have had good blocks of success that helps fans. Penrith haven't been finalist for more then 2 straight years. How did the Tigers go in the members yesterday?

applesauce

Bench
Broncos should have a huge surge in the next 2 weeks.

They started with front page advertisements on the Sunday Mail, Radio Ads, TV ads and today is thier fan day.

They also have a competition for existing members that if you sign up 5 members you get a free 2011 jersey (which I have already lined up).

Previously to the last week the Broncos had NO advertising going on...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
As Panther Daz said plenty support the game but not the Panthers. Also making the finals 9 times out of 44 there hasn't been the success to lure the average fan. If you look the top top teams in members. Have had good blocks of success that helps fans. Penrith haven't been finalist for more then 2 straight years. How did the Tigers go in the members yesterday?
I'm not into a panthers bagging session and I hope they get 10000+ members this year. But their numbers are disappointing regardless of the reasons.
If you compare them to the team with the closest comparable history, Cronulla, Panther numbers still look low.
Cronulla - 6117
Penrith - 4839.
As I've said before, I hope they get huge crowds and members in the future.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not into a panthers bagging session and I hope they get 10000+ members this year. But their numbers are disappointing regardless of the reasons.
If you compare them to the team with the closest comparable history, Cronulla, Panther numbers still look low.
Cronulla - 6117
Penrith - 4839.
Total members yes but ticketed members there's a huge difference.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Cronulla - 6117
Penrith - 4839.

We have about 5300 ticketed members now the Sharks have about 2500...

Cronulla - 6117
Penrith - 4839.

Penrith have their membership premiership this week. By the end of it they will have something similar to what Cronulla have now.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If my numbers on the Panthers are wrong I am happy to stand corrected.

Good luck to them this year and beyond with memberships and support. I have family up there who are slowly being converted to the panthers.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Signing up over 200 members each is good for the Panthers/Eels especially when the Battle of the West hasn't officaly begun yet,i hope they both get 1500.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Was a decent line for the Membership Sign up tent at Panthers Fan Day today. So hoping for another decent increase today.