What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The panthers did have some strange crowds last year, they packed the place against the Eels and Wests, but otherwise struggled despite good form. Look at their last 2 games at CUA against Souths and then the Sharks, you would think they would be packed out in celebration of a top 2 finish, but they only got 13K and 10K

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Penrith_Panthers_season

Did the Tigers have any sort of membership activity at the Foundation cup?

Hopefully see another surge this week, with the Broncos kicking their promotion into gear (about time) and the battle of the west going on.

Von

Juniors
Broncos should have a huge surge in the next 2 weeks.

They started with front page advertisements on the Sunday Mail, Radio Ads, TV ads and today is thier fan day.

They also have a competition for existing members that if you sign up 5 members you get a free 2011 jersey (which I have already lined up).

Previously to the last week the Broncos had NO advertising going on...

That is a great offer!!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It seems like they are doing a hell of a lot trying to get new members, I don't think you can fault the effort

They are. Credit where credit is due, the Panthers are doing ALOT to engage the community to sign up more members.

Still leaves the question, why so few numbers?

Many of the prominent posters on this website live in Penrith but support other teams. Why don't you throw the question out to them?

I personally believe with experiences from kids at school i went to it's cause their parents support other teams.

The support for the game is huge out here.I think the Penrith district produce many members for the Dogs, Eels, Tigers and Souths.

As for the Battle of the West. It started yesterday and runs till Friday 5PM. Petero and Hindmarsh are at Rebel Sport Blacktown for the conclusion.

Im one of those. Born in Blacktown and grew up in the area. My family followed Parra and that probably does have alot to do with it, but there has been more then one generation come through Penrith since their inception, and people move to other areas too. Campbeltown for example arent as divided as Penrith.

The panthers did have some strange crowds last year, they packed the place against the Eels and Wests, but otherwise struggled despite good form. Look at their last 2 games at CUA against Souths and then the Sharks, you would think they would be packed out in celebration of a top 2 finish, but they only got 13K and 10K

Did the Tigers have any sort of membership activity at the Foundation cup?

Hopefully see another surge this week, with the Broncos kicking their promotion into gear (about time) and the battle of the west going on.

I went to that game and I am confident that there were more Eels fans there then Penrith. On the South hill and the East GA area, it was all Blue and Gold.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I went to that game and I am confident that there were more Eels fans there then Penrith. On the South hill and the East GA area, it was all Blue and Gold.

Mate we get the point that Parramatta is a more popular club than Penrith by a country mile. Let's get back to the topic now.

What has the Tigers and Eels got planned for this week?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Mate we get the point that Parramatta is a more popular club than Penrith by a country mile. Let's get back to the topic now.

What has the Tigers and Eels got planned for this week?

Im not trying to have a dig mate, just explaining to CC Rooster as to why the stadium might have been packed for those games.

mattyf

Juniors
Go the tigers, watch out everybody. It's the year of the tiger, we will win this membership premiership and the we will win the NRL premiership and then take the WCC off t
Dragons the yr after or maybe wigan, idc who LOLZZZ.

Benji and little Benji brother gonna rip up boyyyyyy!

Eels Dude

Coach

It's not strange at all. Both those games were local derbies so attracted a large number of Tigers and Eels fans. I was at both those games last year and the crowd support is often close to evenly split. On the other hand you won't find too many Souths and Sharks fans heading all the way out to the foot of the mountains...

mxlegend99

Referee
A strong start for the Panthers, and we have some great promotions planned to bring in more members. Hopefully we can crack a thousand members... it probably won't be enough to win, but it would be absolutely enormous for the club. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eels could go close to doubling that.

H.H

Juniors
The best way to judge memerships is to see how teams do after a bad season,while its nice that teams like the Raiders/Roosters have increased im not giving them too much credit after them coming off good seasons,i will wait until those teams have a bad season to see if memberships are really working for teams like that.

So far teams like the Eels and Doggies are doing great coming off shocking seasons,would teams like the Roosters/Raiders have a increase if they came off similar seasons ? i doubt it but we will see in the future.

Well, 2010 was our highest membership total ever and that was coming of 2009, which in case you don't recall was probably the worst season any club has ever had in 103 years.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Penrith - 268
Parra - 232
Tigers - 118

Updated this morning

http://www.nrl.com/membership/tabid/10691/default.aspx

With those numbers for day 1, Parra and Penrith should hit at least a thousand for the week me thinks. Tigers i'm not so sure about.

On the debate of fans of other clubs in Penrith. I can't understand why more don't just head to watch Penrith regardless of who they are playing, especially those who are there longer just as its a day at the footy and the closest NRL club. I mean i'm a ticketed member of Newcastle as well as the Roosters just because EAS is much closer than the SFS. (40 minutes V 1hr 45minutes)

Roosters are at 7883, overtaking Manly and their freebies. :p Will definitley get 8000, next target should be 10K and hopefully get near it with a big push during launch week.

I'd become a member of my club, in fact I'd like to buy one for myself and my dad. But neither of us can get to any games and the membership choices are woeful for anyone in our position.

The only option is the following:

5% off merchandise (which is at least 20% over-priced)
Access to members only merchandise (as above)
Access to training sessions (which i can't get to, obviously)
Discounts on other events (which I can't get to, obviously)
Early access to the ground (which i won't be going to)
Access to season launch (can't get to)
Access to xmas party (can't get to)
Access to all other members events (ditto)
An e-newsletter (not bothered)
Voting rights (not bothered)

All for $35.

Okay it's not much but I don't want any of that. I'm all for supporting my club but I'm not paying $35 for nothing. And I can hardly give a gift of nothing. It's so moronic that a club can offer a package for people who can't attend games because they live interstate or whatever that offers "benefits" that require you to live close by.

All I really want is a membership card saying I'm a member and maybe a bumper sticker or something. It would cost the club a few dollars.

I saw Canberra's deal for its non-attending members and for $55 you get a membership card, a couple of caps, a key ring and a sticker. Now that's what I'm talking about. I've email my club and told them about this and got no response.

dimitri

First Grade
I'd become a member of my club, in fact I'd like to buy one for myself and my dad. But neither of us can get to any games and the membership choices are woeful for anyone in our position.

The only option is the following:

5% off merchandise (which is at least 20% over-priced)
Access to members only merchandise (as above)
Access to training sessions (which i can't get to, obviously)
Discounts on other events (which I can't get to, obviously)
Early access to the ground (which i won't be going to)
Access to season launch (can't get to)
Access to xmas party (can't get to)
Access to all other members events (ditto)
An e-newsletter (not bothered)
Voting rights (not bothered)

All for $35.

Okay it's not much but I don't want any of that. I'm all for supporting my club but I'm not paying $35 for nothing. And I can hardly give a gift of nothing. It's so moronic that a club can offer a package for people who can't attend games because they live interstate or whatever that offers "benefits" that require you to live close by.

All I really want is a membership card saying I'm a member and maybe a bumper sticker or something. It would cost the club a few dollars.

I saw Canberra's deal for its non-attending members and for $55 you get a membership card, a couple of caps, a key ring and a sticker. Now that's what I'm talking about. I've email my club and told them about this and got no response.

Why dont you pay the $35 and then with the extra $20 (when compared to the raiders) - buy your exra stickers/merch with your member discount.

I really want a members card more than anything. But to get one you have to get one of the ticketed memberships which cost $100 plus. Paying $35 means you'd need to buy a fair few stickers at 5% discount to see any benefit - and you wouldn't buy from the club shop anyway because it's a rip off.

And the other point is, it's still stupid to offer "benefits" that clearly aren't of any use to people who live elsewhere and call it a membership package for people who can't get to games.