What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

blukablu

Juniors
I really want a members card more than anything. But to get one you have to get one of the ticketed memberships which cost $100 plus. Paying $35 means you'd need to buy a fair few stickers at 5% discount to see any benefit - and you wouldn't buy from the club shop anyway because it's a rip off.

And the other point is, it's still stupid to offer "benefits" that clearly aren't of any use to people who live elsewhere and call it a membership package for people who can't get to games.

The 'Out of Towners' package is pretty expensive for whats in it but it looks like it has what you want.

•Member Cap
•Member Lanyard and Ticket Wallet
•Member Bumper Sticker
•Member Scarf
•Member Key Ring
•Merchandise Discount Voucher/s**
•Member Benefits
•Wests Tigers Car Flag
•(1) x $20 Merchandise Voucher
•1 Family Bronze general admission pass to any Wests Tigers home match *

* Tickets may also be requested for an away game ticketing swap. Confirmation will be provided if the request can be fulfilled based on availability.

Sounds pretty good. Shame I'm not a Wests Tigers fan. And they still want to include tickets. Why do they all seem to think people can get to games? Some people living in bloody Mongolia might want to be a member so they shouldn't have to buy something that includes tickets. If you do somehow get a chance to go to a game they should just give you a discount on tickets instead of making you pay for one (or more) you will never use - even if it is at a discount rate.

Eels Dude

Coach
Sounds pretty good. Shame I'm not a Wests Tigers fan. And they still want to include tickets. Why do they all seem to think people can get to games? Some people living in bloody Mongolia might want to be a member so they shouldn't have to buy something that includes tickets. If you do somehow get a chance to go to a game they should just give you a discount on tickets instead of making you pay for one (or more) you will never use - even if it is at a discount rate.

Who do you support then out of interest? Naturally everyone's going to assume you're a Tigers fan because you have Tiger in your username.

Newcastle. But I think I'm just going to get a membership for the second Brisbane team when it starts its membership drive. Or the PNG bid when they finally start selling memberships.

Eels Dude

Coach
Newcastle. But I think I'm just going to get a membership for the second Brisbane team when it starts its membership drive. Or the PNG bid when they finally start selling memberships.

Yeah it sounds like Newcastle must be the only club that don't offer a non-ticketed membership that comes with a membership pack. Can understand why you'd be pissed off because paying an extra 30 dollars or so to get all that stuff makes it worth it.

Von

Juniors
Yeh most Sydney clubs offer an out of town membership as they realise they have fans all over the country. Maybe Knights management stupidly think only Knights fans live in the Hunter.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
A poster in the Eels forum had a good way of looking at memberships.

Look at it as its $35 (or what ever your club charges) for the membership and all the merchandise and stuff is free as a bonus.

Eels Dude

Coach
A poster in the Eels forum had a good way of looking at memberships.

Look at it as its $35 (or what ever your club charges) for the membership and all the merchandise and stuff is free as a bonus.

East Coast Tiger's issue is he gets no value for his 35 dollars whatsoever in comparison to other clubs. At least us Eels fan, even if we don't care for it, get the cap, keyring, member card, so we feel like proper members and can proudly say so. Whereas Knights fans don't get that with their non ticketed membership.

mxlegend99

Referee
Here's an email I received from Panthers:

The Battle of the West has begun and the Panthers are off to a great start.

The NRL has offered $10,000 to the club that can win the Battle of the West by signing the most amount of members between the 26th of Feb and the 4th of March.

At the game on Saturday night we signed up 280 new members and then at the Members BBQ Day another 103 memberships.

Over the weekend we signed our 5,000th Member in Felix Dean who many people may know as V.J. (Patterson) in Home & Away.

To sign up a new member online go to: www.pantherden.com.au
or call (02) 4725 6402

ouwet

Bench
PROJECT 13k UPDATE

1/03/2011 1:30:59 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased to report that after one week of releasing Project 13K that an additional 500 Members have signed up, bringing the seasons tally to just under 11,500 Members.
With less than two weeks remaining until the Bulldogs season opener against the Wests Tigers, the Club needs just over 1500 Members to reach its target of 13,000 Members by Round 1.
Micheal Ennis summed it up best, "We need 13,000 Members no matter what by Round 1. The Boys are really looking forward to running out in front of a huge crowd so we need 13,000 Members there!"
Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg added some spice to the Battle of the West, the NRL run race to see who out of Parramatta, Penrith and the Tigers can sign up the most Members this week by saying 'The last time I checked Canterbury was in the Western Suburbs. So why were we snubbed from the race this week? I am surprised we are not in it and there should be four clubs this week. We might not be in the formal campaign but we'll still be comparing our numbers this week'.
The Bulldogs urge you, if you know anyone who has yet to jump on board as a 2011 Member, now is the time to fetch them and help us reach our target of 13,000 Members by Round 1.

www.bulldogs.com.au

BDGS

Bench
Go the dogs!!

We really are growing at a great rate, just looks like its not so fast to some of our supporters compared ot other clubs and because we haven't broke the 100% yet.

A big pat of the back of Mr. Todd Greenberg, his work at our great club has been nothing short of brilliant.

Doga

Juniors
Perhaps they should also look at keeping their members. I have spoken to the club and possibly chucking my 2 Cat 1 season tickets in.