What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Gains and Losses and possible squad

rasaint

Juniors
I will add this comment about Chase Stanley.I always thought he was talked up without delivering at the level expected and his defense was suspect. But I remember his last quarter season with us was strong and he was pulling off some great tackles.Is is possible he will really surprise

Minh

First Grade
I will add this comment about Chase Stanley.I always thought he was talked up without delivering at the level expected and his defense was suspect. But I remember his last quarter season with us was strong and he was pulling off some great tackles.Is is possible he will really surprise

I think he will be a better version this time round, Craig Bellamy is very good at ironing out players flaws and making better all round players, if given a chance I don't think he will let us down, he has a bit of "X Factor" about him.

juanfarkall

Coach
Chase looked pretty good for the Storm this year before his injury.
With all due respect to Brownie, there did not appear to be a great deal of planning or stability when it came to the use of Stanley in his last season with us.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Sika Manu would be a great and much needed addition to our pack if you ask me.

Need some "mongrel"!

Matty prior just ain't cutting it.

Minh

First Grade
Sika Manu would be a great and much needed addition to our pack if you ask me.

Need some "mongrel"!

Matty prior just ain't cutting it.

Does anybody know if Sika is available anytime soon, we need a Kiwi enforcer in our ranks.

centralsaint

Juniors
Chase Stanley was awesome this year before the injury. He may be the kiwi enforcer we need as well as having the X factor.

Tim Smith

Juniors
Not sure how accurate it is but one site I looked up suggested these were the Storm players Off Contract: Sione Kite, Todd Lowrie, Sika Manu, Troy Thompson, Atelea Vea, Sisa Waqa, Adam Woolnough. You think if we got Vea out of that group we would have looked at Manu if we could afford him

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Not sure how accurate it is but one site I looked up suggested these were the Storm players Off Contract: Sione Kite, Todd Lowrie, Sika Manu, Troy Thompson, Atelea Vea, Sisa Waqa, Adam Woolnough. You think if we got Vea out of that group we would have looked at Manu if we could afford him

Yeh unless negotiations were really drawn out and one of those after season signings it was close to the finals and not often do we see big name players make a switch at these times just wishful thinking but with the Gaz backended deal and Boyd going to Newcastle I would of thought we would have a bit more room to move under our salary cap for at least one marquee player.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I'm surprised you left Kyle Stanley out Red V Dave and secondly can Vidot play centre?

I’m a little surprised that this hasn’t come up earlier
Here’s a little more on Vidot
http://the-riotact.com/the-daniel-vidot-highlights-reel/27368
http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18863
I’d say that with a little faith and good coaching that the kid will stand us in good stead
As I’ve said in a prior post (that’s with a small p.. as in prostate problems producing persistently punctuated painful passings) Vidot is the same size as Creagh but faster
He’s also only 21 and his move to the wing was from his preferred positions of centre and full-back

Bring back choc

Juniors
...I get this strange feeling you don't like Prior.

Haha, well yes. As a player of course. I just don't feel he adds anything to us. We locked him up too early. Not sure he'll get any further extensions. I think cuthbo's performances vindicate my thoughts on prior.

Anyway, we'll see what mr.price wants to do

sting

Bench
1. Moltzen
2. Nightingale
3. K. Stanley
4. Cooper
5. Morris

6. Soward
7. Hornby

8. Weyman
9. King
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12 Scott
13. Young

14. Rein
15. Merrin
16. Prior
17. De Belin

to_ddeath

Coach
1. Moltzen
2. Nightingale
3. K. Stanley
4. Cooper
5. Morris

6. Soward
7. Hornby

8. Weyman
9. King
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12 Scott
13. Young

14. Rein
15. Merrin
16. Prior
17. De Belin

That's close to our likely squad to start 2012, though I'd start with Rein, King to 14, start Merrin, bench Hunt & replace Prior with Miller/Vea etc though that depends on how they trial leading up to Round 1 of course. F*ck I wish we were keeping Cuthbo....

T.

Minh

First Grade
Cant wait to get Brett Morris back in sterling try scoring form again went MIA a bit in 2011.

Minh

First Grade
Big season from King, Moltzen and the Stanley brothers will see us do well next year, if these guys fire the likes of Soward, Nighty and B Moz will have a field day, can't wait.:cool:

Fingerbang

Bench
I expect Prior to feel the pressure next year, from Leeson Ah Mau and Will Matthews especially. These 2 guys look better the more first grade they play. Expecting big things from Ah Mau in the next couple of years. I reckon he almost looked as good as Russell Packer when they were Warriors under 20 props together.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I expect Prior to feel the pressure next year, from Leeson Ah Mau and Will Matthews especially. These 2 guys look better the more first grade they play. Expecting big things from Ah Mau in the next couple of years. I reckon he almost looked as good as Russell Packer when they were Warriors under 20 props together.

My mail is that the club has very high expections of him and he's considereded a fantastic signing