What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippikat

Bench
Well you couldn't possibly have the St. George Illawarra Dragons not wearing the red V, that would imply a partnership of two identities.

hehe.. true true - I would totally understand if the Illawarra locals wanted to break away and bring back the Steelers, all things considered.

Not sure how economically sustainable that would be, though. (I'm guessing "not at all")

How about the locals all sign a petition asking, no.. DEMANDING the Sharks move there? :)

flippikat

Bench
What was that new Sharks jersey last night?

I think it was the "members names" jersey - the tiny little black lines were (I think) the names of all the members.

Wasn't a great one to use against the Warriors away jersey - they were both rather pale.

roboshark

Coach
It was our members jersey. All members have our names on the jersey and we wear it once a year. They then get auctioned off

Frailty

First Grade
I think it was the "members names" jersey - the tiny little black lines were (I think) the names of all the members.

Wasn't a great one to use against the Warriors away jersey - they were both rather pale.

Given it was a sharks home game, and it was known for weeks we would wear that jersey, the onus of the clash of jerseys would have been on the warriors...

Either way, the two teams were easy to tell apart.

Zigwaa

Bench
It was our members jersey. All members have our names on the jersey and we wear it once a year. They then get auctioned off

Oh ok. Only saw a flash of it in the highlights and it looked silver.

Is the design based on anything or a new one? Was hard to tell from what i saw.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given it was a sharks home game, and it was known for weeks we would wear that jersey, the onus of the clash of jerseys would have been on the warriors...

Either way, the two teams were easy to tell apart.

They weren't hard to tell apart, you're right.

That said if they wanted a proper contrast, the green heritage strip would've been ideal.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh ok. Only saw a flash of it in the highlights and it looked silver.

Is the design based on anything or a new one? Was hard to tell from what i saw.

It's the early 2000's fin design with the blue taken down to the current pale blue of the club (instead of the deep aqua blue).

Stinkler

Juniors
Showing their support for the Hunter Region, Sportsbet.com.au donated their spot on the Knights children's jerseys to the Hunter Sports Group for use by a local charity. The John Hunter Children's Hospital logo will now appear on the jerseys so valuable promotion and exposure can be provided for this important contributor to the local community. http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Sportsbetcomau-upgrades-Sponsorship/57235

Pretty sure it might be against Australian Law to have a gambling company or alcohol company advertised on sporting strips in kids sizes.

Souths have replaced "The Star" with "Souths Cares" on their kids strips.

innsaneink

Referee
Pretty sure it might be against Australian Law to have a gambling company or alcohol company advertised on sporting strips in kids sizes.

Souths have replaced "The Star" with "Souths Cares" on their kids strips.
Well there you go, you learn somethin new every day

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Yeah I was a bit pissed off they didn't wear it.

The Dragons tend to only wear their alternative strip in Wollongong against non Sydney teams. So I think we will see it next week against the Titans, along with the Cowboys Warriors and Storm games.

Against Sydney rivals they stick with the red V.

RedVee

First Grade
Yeah I was a bit pissed off they didn't wear it.

Why? We will wear it a few more times in 2012 yet. Illawarra heritage day is still to come. It isn't actually a Steelers jersey, it is a SGI jersey in a similar style, a nod to the Steelers more than anything.

Frailty

First Grade
do they make the members jersey available to members to buy?

Yes.

You can buy it as an add-on to your membership, or purchase it later through the club store (including online).

You can also bid for the players jerseys which are auctioned off to raise money for a charity.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Yes.

You can buy it as an add-on to your membership, or purchase it later through the club store (including online).

You can also bid for the players jerseys which are auctioned off to raise money for a charity.

it's a great idea. tbh i'm surprised other clubs haven't stolen it since the sharks have been doing it for a few seasons.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The Knights have done something similar by putting every player to pull on a Knights jumper on their Members only jersey

knights_jersey_combined_sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts