What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nqcowboy87

Bench
the roosters warriors game was supposed to be a celebration of the 02 grand final but the roosters jersey was the only close thing to any of the jerseys from that night. if teams didnt have jerseys for random occasions like a jersey celebrating the the millionth hotdog sold at the clubs canteen thered be no worries about there being too many jerseys. i think the nrl should enforc the jersey rule more and say each club can have no more than three jerseys and maybe if its a really special occasion like for charity a fourth.

Spitty

Juniors
the roosters warriors game was supposed to be a celebration of the 02 grand final but the roosters jersey was the only close thing to any of the jerseys from that night. if teams didnt have jerseys for random occasions like a jersey celebrating the the millionth hotdog sold at the clubs canteen thered be no worries about there being too many jerseys. i think the nrl should enforc the jersey rule more and say each club can have no more than three jerseys and maybe if its a really special occasion like for charity a fourth.

There definitely needs to be some more stringent rules and some better organisation. As it stands this year any team can come out wearing anything, any given week.

I'm a big fan of he heritage jersey if it's done the right way but many clubs now are either mistreating the concept or just plain ignoring it. It's the advent of the heritage jersey that's opened the gate for the influx of ridiculous jerseys we see now. What movie are the Dogs gonna advertise this year?

My clubs worn 4 different jerseys in 5 rounds, Newcastle haven't worn their home jersey at all, roosters have phased out a jersey after 1 year, bulldogs will advertise another movie later this year, the cowboys will wear 5 different jerseys, etc etc.

Something must be done because if we keep letting clubs get away with it, they exploit it more and more every year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How do you know the Bulldogs will advertise another movie this year? :?

beagle

Juniors

Spitty was obviously making a general comment about the number of different jerseys teams seem to wear lately.

How do you know the Bulldogs aren't advertising another movie this year?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't, but his post seemed to infer it was a done deal. I don't even know if our sponsorship with 20th C Fox is still going.

skeepe

Immortal
The problem with Heritage Round is so many teams have decided they'll only wear their heritage strip at home, which results in this ridiculous situation where half the teams will be wearing their heritage jersey the week after the designated round.

Full credit to Souths and the Dragons for being the only away teams to do it properly so far.

beave

Coach
fingers crossed we run out in the 1995 cowboys jersey tonight (i say that because it seems the away teams have been more inclined to wear their away/alternate strips and not heritage)............. my fapping will be heard all the way down into NSW!!!!!!

Last edited:
Full credit to Souths and the Dragons for being the only away teams to do it properly so far.

Sharks wore their heritage jersey.
Granted we have worn it before this season.

I think its going to be next years home jersey

turbodewd

Juniors
the sad thing about 'Heritage' round is that it underlines that for the rest of the season there's hardly any heritage! the NRL is a dog's breakfast of dodgy jerseys, dodgy socks, dodgy goalposts, dodgy sponsors on the field.

Just ugly all round.

I mean why arent all goalposts pad yellow with a big NRL logo on them? or why cant they ALL be the one sponsor??? Its just a shemozzle.

I cannot stand the Raiders white away jersey - lime green is totally distinct from every other team! We dont need a silly white jersey.

LineBall

Juniors
the sad thing about 'Heritage' round is that it underlines that for the rest of the season there's hardly any heritage! the NRL is a dog's breakfast of dodgy jerseys, dodgy socks, dodgy goalposts, dodgy sponsors on the field.

Just ugly all round.

I mean why arent all goalposts pad yellow with a big NRL logo on them? or why cant they ALL be the one sponsor??? Its just a shemozzle.

I cannot stand the Raiders white away jersey - lime green is totally distinct from every other team! We dont need a silly white jersey.

Agree.

However, when every team is trying to make a buck from whatever means possible, things aren't going to get better until their financial situations become more secure.

Ideally I would like to see them have two jerseys - the main for all games and an alternate used only if there is too much of a similarity between jerseys ( The raiders would pretty much need one jersey only, as would the tigers if they stuck to their predominately orange colours )

beave

Coach
Gaz, I love your version of the Storm heritage jersey. Seriously, why the f**k isn't the sponsorhip logo like this?? Look how classy it looks???

NRL-MEL-3.gif

Spitty

Juniors

Obviously I don't know and given the way I mentioned it twice in the one post it's pretty clear I'm speaking tongue in cheek about it. Other picked up on it, but given it's your club being ridiculed emotions must have got in the way. You'll notice I ridiculed my own club along the way.

The fact Canterbury wore 'movie' jerseys the last two years is enough to demonstrate my point that clubs wear whatever they want, whenever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.