What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I don't think Farah is playing well enough to be selected. Not at hooker, not on the bench, not anywhere. Wallace and Hinchcliffe are playing far better football.

Jason Maher

Immortal
If Ricky decides to include both Carney and Soward, I'd imagine it'd be Soward playing from the bench. He has filled that role for Country before.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Plenty of people have run at Soward this year. None with any success. People think he can't defend because Inglis palmed him off twice 3 years ago, but it's a load of bollocks.

T.T

Juniors
Plenty of people have run at Soward this year. None with any success. People think he can't defend because Inglis palmed him off twice 3 years ago, but it's a load of bollocks.

but is he as good as a defender as hinchcliffe or farah. no

Boganater

Juniors
No, I agree. Just pondering. Always wanted us to have a Bowen.
I know what you mean
We had a player with a similar impact , different style - Craig Wing.
They tried to make Gidley into a Craig Wing but....
While i agree that Soward isn't a complete turnstile but he's still small.
But what would he add to the team?
With Carney, Pearce & Farah you have the kicking game sorted as well as being good ball players. With a backline of Dugan, Hayne, Jennings, JMoz, Uate, Carney and Pearce we wouldn't be short on pace either-not saying that will be the team btw

Vic Mackey

Referee
Why would you pick a bloke who can only play in the halves on the Bench?! And one that doesn't run the ball at that?!?

T.T

Juniors
the only real defensive liabilities nsw will have are
carney and morris brothers (which is why they wont get chosen)

so carney will be easily covered by 2 big players either side

After getting left high and dry by the front line defence. No fullback would have stopped that without a minor miracle. Fulton had a saloon passage to the line thanks to Roberts.

Billy Slater has single-handedly stopped plenty of tries like that.

QLD will be annoyed now that Gidley has popped his shoulder. I hope they replace him with Hinchcliffe.

Gidley's injury certainly denies QLD one of the greatest assets to their cause.

I don't think he would be that dumb, a 34 year old with a dodgy achilles. Hooker is too important a position for the structure of the team. He has to pick someone who can train and play the majority of the match. Has to be Farah or Ennis starting with Hinchy on the bench.

Sticky will select Ennis:

A) Because Sticky is an idiot
B) Because he now has a point to prove to Tim Sheens. Don't forget this is not about NSW - This is about Sticky.

broncos70

Juniors
Why are people putting Wallace as their hooker? I think he'd make a great hooker, but he has never played a game there in his life.

I think Hinchcliffe is ahead of Farah for origin..Stuart just doesn't want Farah there. Buderus and Gidley will be out injured. I'd pick Farah as starting and Hinchcliffe on the bench.

As a QLD supporter I'm upset that Buderus and Gidley are injured..I was hoping you guys would pick em and they'd suck.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Hopefully something registers in Stickys brain that says "Bedsy looks like glass let's not risk it". Gidley is gone which is good (As bad as that sounds). Scott is gone which is a blow if you ask me. Find someone with his defense and intensity. Hopefully Jennings and Lewis pull up fit.

People mentioning Wallace at hooker? No idea it was bought up a few pages ago and some people stuck with it. Hookeer is going to be a strange position for us this year.

Big Pete

Referee
Unsure if it was suggested before me but Wallace as a bench hooker was certainly an idea I had.

Reason being it's how he managed to earn himself an Origin gig in the first place & when he's cameod there for Brisbane he's looked really sharp out of dummy half. He's a competitive player which is a bonus & while I don't think he's creative or skillful enough to be a starting halfback, off the bench he could spark something.

I'd rather he not play for the Blues, but it's an option I would definitely consider.

Boganater

Juniors
Wallace at hooker is almost no chance.
Farah should be the hooker, Stuart said in his rant about Tim Sheens that he doesn't want to carry injured players which is why Ennis wasn't in the picture. Danny Buderus definitely falls into that category. That only leaves 2 options Farah or Hinchy. Hinchy would be better on the bench because he can be used as a running forward or a 2nd dummy half.

chrisD

Coach
What I think he'll pick.

1. Mini
2. Uate
3. Hayne
4. Jennings
5. B.Moz
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Anasta
15. Mannah
16. T.Sims
17. Tamou

.....Stuart said in his rant about Tim Sheens that he doesn't want to carry injured players which is why Ennis wasn't in the picture.

If that is the case, why was Sticky planning on using an injured Jarryd Hayne as the five eighth?

Don't try and apply logic to anything Stuart says. 'Stuart' and 'Logic' are on two very divergent paths.