What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

T.T

Juniors
Mini is the best 100% well fullback. Keep him on. Hayne to centre which allows you to leave out Lawrence and the Morris brothers, bring in Ferguson, Uate other wing, Carney, Pearce and thats our backline. The forwards pick themselves more or less if fit, except for the reserve utility which is now anbodys guess.

mini is less of an attacking threat then lawrence and the morris brothers. therefore by that logic you should have hayne at fullback and a attacking ctw

T.T

Juniors
anyone think that luke lewis might be named at 14 now? and then glen stewart takes his spot in the backrow

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Mini is the best 100% well fullback. Keep him on. Hayne to centre which allows you to leave out Lawrence and the Morris brothers, bring in Ferguson, Uate other wing, Carney, Pearce and thats our backline. The forwards pick themselves more or less if fit, except for the reserve utility which is now anbodys guess.
Blake Ferguson isn't Origin standard. He's been safe and quite good for Canberra this year, but there are heaps of players that are good at club level, but shit in Origin (McManus, Turner) and I reckon Ferguson would be one of them. Good talent, but there's just to many mistakes in him for mine. I'd rather Brett Morris.

Stewart is streets ahead of Mini in class and ability right now. Mini had one very good game, but other than that he's just been a solid fullback for a while now.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Revision #1242

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Mannah
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Luke Lewis
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Tony Williams
16. James Tamou
17. Tariq Sims

Pros: No Dragons players.

Cons: Entire bench on debut, and no Greg Bird.

Good team, i like it.

chrisD

Coach
Where were his 5 errors ? The sitter was a grubber early in the game that bounced unkindly with the QLD pack bearing down.
As for Hayne you have a short memory about his debut he had the definition of a mixed bag, scored a brilliant try then had a massive brain explosion when he tapped the ball back in for a Lockyer try.

You are an absolute tool if you call his debut anything less than solid.
Hayne has experience on the wing Dugan does not, why would you switch them?

Take a look in the mirror that is a rampant fan boy if ever there was one.

How many mistakes makes a game unsolid? Solid is the absolute best it could be called with a straight face. To put things in perspective, Minchello f**ked up less in game three than Dugan in game one. That is not the kind of solid I'm hoping for from our fullback every game of the series. In fact I'm even inclined to hope for something more than solid.

His errors, well I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but I'd have to think his special ability of getting in the way between half (or second row) and center and f**king things up when we looked dangerous accounted for at least 2. Or did those ones not get noted on the stat sheet? A kind of Dugan bonus.

I'm well aware Hayne has made geniused errors, the point still stands, of 13 Hayne has not played a worse SOO game than Dugan's 1.

Why I would switch them is quite simple, fullback is a far more important position than wing and Hayne is the best fullback available, provided he can run. If he can't Dugan still shouldn't get the spot, Stewart should.

Have you people picking Ferguson seen his last two games? His defensive efforts will most likely have ruled him out if he was ever in contention.

Last edited:

Tigger Madness

Juniors
How many mistakes makes a game unsolid? Solid is the absolute best it could be called with a straight face. To put things in perspective, Minchello f**ked up less in game three than Dugan in game one. That is not the kind of solid I'm hoping for from our fullback every game of the series. In fact I'm even inclined to hope for something more than solid.

His errors, well I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but I'd have to think his special ability of getting in the way between half (or second row) and center and f**king things up when we looked dangerous accounted for at least 2. Or did those ones not get noted on the stat sheet? A kind of Dugan bonus.

I'm well aware Hayne has made geniused errors, the point still stands, of 13 Hayne has not played a worse SOO game than Dugan's 1.

Why I would switch them is quite simple, fullback is a far more important position than wing and Hayne is the best fullback available, provided he can run. If he can't Dugan still shouldn't get the spot, Stewart should.

Have you people picking Ferguson seen his last two games? His defensive efforts will most likely have ruled him out if he was ever in contention.

no

seaeagle sam

But he's 53, can't we give someone younger a crack?

RABK

Referee
Mannah is a poor mans Ben Hannant. 75% of the work load and 75% of the quality. Yet he's close to the 3rd best we've got in NSW. (I rate Gallen and Tamou ahead of him.)

Boganater

Juniors

I suggest you go and watch the match highlights champ.
Dugan was very good apart from 1 knock on from a grubber.
He saved our asses a couple of times. If you call tackle breaks and a try assist getting in the way then I guess he did.
Go and watch the match on YouTube before commenting, you just end up looking foolish basing your argument on shit.

T.T

Juniors
Mannah is a poor mans Ben Hannant. 75% of the work load and 75% of the quality. Yet he's close to the 3rd best we've got in NSW. (I rate Gallen and Tamou ahead of him.)

he's not the 3rd best. woods is easily the 3rd best. but 'needs to wait a year'.

if it came down to solely playing ability, all other things irrelevant, woods would be chosen ahead of mannah

hellteam

First Grade

Weyman is probably better in my opinion.

But NSW's back row depth is so good that they don't need to pick 3 front rowers. Watmough can do the job off the bench. So could Tariq Sims.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Revision #1242

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Mannah
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Luke Lewis
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Tony Williams
16. James Tamou
17. Tariq Sims

Pros: No Dragons players.

Cons: Entire bench on debut, and no Greg Bird.

I would lose my shit if this was the team

Only slight changes I'd have would be tamou starting, and Merrin on the bench for mannah then hinchcliffe start for Farah

timka4

Bench
Tariq won't get a go this year. He will be 18th man at least once. But apparently Creagh has been a big part of NSW the past few years and will be there...

Jason Maher

Immortal
I do like that team. Personally I think we should go for 4 front rowers (including Gallen), which would mean one of Sims or Williams misses out (probably Williams due to lack of match fitness), but I would not object to that team at all.

The best bit is the Dragons would have a saloon passage through the Origin period. :cool:

edit: I would love for Creagh to get picked, purely to enjoy all the Dragons haters losing their shit. :p

Dragon2010

First Grade
Very very good team. Sims won't be there though. You can add Bird in as well. I'm fairly certain he would be there. If a team very similar to that gets named I'll be very happy.