What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Tariq seems like a certainty too. I think Woods got his call, because he played outstanding yesterday. I think Hinchcliffe is hooker which is why he is worrying about a utility.

Maybe Hinchcliff will miss out all together. I think the hooking role is between farah & ennis.

Hinchcliff should be the utility.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I think we will see the team named a few pages back.

The backline of:
1) Dugan
2) Hayne
3) Jennings
4) JMoz/Lawrence
5) Uate

That's an incredibly potent and fast backline. Dugan is the real x-factor the rest are strong hard runners with good footwork. Carney will be the 6 I can't see who else possibly could get the jersey now. Even as a saints fan I wouldn't pick Soward. The forward pack is shaping to be good. It depends where we play Gallen this time. Will depend on the pack to. I think Tamou and Lewis are other certainties as well. I'd like to see Woods get a run but I think he needs more first grade under his belt first.

Regarding hooker. I think Hinchy will get the job. He's strong, puts his body on the line and is a solid player that bites through everything and pushes forward non-stop. I think Farah can do the utility role but Stickywont pick him as he will discredit himself with the whole media blow-up article. Who else can we play as the utility? No doubt in a few years he will have Rein and King as both assets to NSW. We got some great talent in a few years with Dugan, Carney, Sims, Williams, Mannah, Rein and more to build on in the few years but this is now.

R2Coupe

Juniors
If anyone watched the Footy Show, Ivan Cleary made it obvious of his dissatisfaction with Jennings. He was hooked from the field rather than been injured. If this is the case, SOO is out.

T.T

Juniors
Aaron woods is an amazing young player but I'd like to see him with more first grade experience under his belt. I will say that the emergence of Tamou and Woods has definitely made our front row stocks a lot stronger.

Over the next couPle of years we need to filter in Tamou, Williams, Sims and Woods into the team! Along with Mannah these guys are the future of the Nsw pack and the future does look bright :D

mannah is hardly the 'future' of nsw. surely he will struggle to make the side in a few years when tamou and woods start and other fresh props come along

dinko

Juniors
just saw his second interview. he hinted that it may be Farah for #9 after last nights performance as he was more than impressed. he said something along the lines of Blockers words seem to have spurred Farah even though he didn't need any spurring. Also said Roach wouldn't be happier if Farah was picked.:cool:

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Did anyone see the second part of the stuart interview.

Sterlo asked 'if the team was picked today, is robbie farah your hooker'.

Stuart replied and i couldn't make out whether he said

'I can't say that. It wouldn't be fair to the players' or whether he said 'i can't say. it wouldn't be fair to the other players' (i.e - suggesting, farah is the 9.)

He did seem to do a backflip on Farah I felt, saying that Blocker was only challenging robbie to step up and he did that.

T.T

Juniors
I feel a bit more comfortable now knowing Stewart, Sims and co will be there. I'm a bit more confident to in the sense I think he will pick a strong team this year and pick something similar to we named here.

By that definties are certainly: Gallen (Obvious), Bird, GStewart, Jennings (He will be fit), Dugan (If fit), Tariq Sims (YEAH!!), Pearce and Uate.

With that I think it leaves Hayne on the other wing. Center of either JMoz or Lawrence. Carney in the halves and a FR/BR that is in the mix and depends on the play-style he wants. Either way we will have a strong pack. I'd still have Williams there to partner damaging runs with Sims. If Carney/Pearce can get them good ball they can do some devastating runs no doubt.

Bring on Origin 2012!

surely carney is just as much a certainty as those players.

not real happy about bird being a certainy, he needs to fight for his spot and is failing to impress this year, especially with the abundance of great backrowers we have

not sold on jennings either. how is he a certainty? this year has been average/injured. and last year didnt even score a try

Dragon2010

First Grade
surely carney is just as much a certainty as those players.

not real happy about bird being a certainy, he needs to fight for his spot and is failing to impress this year, especially with the abundance of great backrowers we have

not sold on jennings either. how is he a certainty? this year has been average/injured. and last year didnt even score a try

No doubt I'm just basing the certainties off the Interview. I think he's already got it. No way will anyway take it off him. Soward had the chance and failed. He's our #6.

Jennings? He did score in GameI last year and scored for the Panthers late in the year. He's a dangerous player with good footwork and speed. A fair bit of people on here rate him. As for a certainty there's not much other centers demanding to take over his position and push him out of contention. He's been good in a poor panthers side.

RWB

Bench
When did it kill us? I thought he defended great for Australia in that test match. Was leading the defence from the front. He wasn't rushing at poor times either. I'd have Lewis at 13 as well

He was woeful, I can't believe no one saw it. I can't find any stats of the game anywhere (not sure if they were kept) but if I can be bothered I'll put together a video later tonight. He was absolutely woeful until he got shifted to the fringes in the second half. Middle third defence, definitely is not his go.

RWB

Bench
1. Brett Stewart
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. UAte
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10.Weyman
11.Bird
12.Watmough
13.Lewis

14.Hayne
15.Tamou
16.Mannah
17.Sims

Backup Fullback: Dugan
Backup Winger: Hayne
Backup Centre: Lawrence
Backup 5 / 8: Mullen
Backup Halfback: Wallace
Backup Prop: Aaron Woods
Backup Hooker : Ennis
Backup Second Row/Lock: Tony Williams
Backup Utility: Hinchcliffe

If Farah goes down injured you'd back Hayne to make 30-40 tackles in the middle?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
He was woeful, I can't believe no one saw it. I can't find any stats of the game anywhere (not sure if they were kept) but if I can be bothered I'll put together a video later tonight. He was absolutely woeful until he got shifted to the fringes in the second half. Middle third defence, definitely is not his go.
All I know is that he was rushing up and trying to force players back on their line and succeeding. Obviously you don't want him doing that when they march up a bit as he can open up a hole, but I only saw him doing it when close to their line which is when most will try and rush up and force them back. Nothing wrong with that. So what if he missed occasionally, I can't remember them cutting us up the middle from it, so there were players there to cover him.

hack

That explains it all, thanks Ricky. (Or are you Michael Ennis)
Heaven forbid wanting a reliable kicking option from your hooker. :sarcasm:

no problem having a kicking option from dummy half. problem is when he tries to do it all and consistently defers from the plan.

farah is the other playmaker at the tigers. who have they really had or got apart from marshall? he's used to playing a certain role which needs to be contained somewhat if he's selected for the blues.

this is a rep team that's being picked and the structure will feature 2 very capable playmakers who will be picked to direct the NSW attack. i'm not saying farah doesn't have the tools to provide a spark, but in the NSW team playing against QLD, he will have to contain himself and pick the right moments to stamp his mark on the game. this is what smith has done for the maroons while locky and thurston ran the show. smith would inject himself at the right moments to counter the any predictability.

IMO, hinchcliff is going to give more reliable service as the main dummy half in an origin game than farah will.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Did anyone see the second part of the stuart interview.

Sterlo asked 'if the team was picked today, is robbie farah your hooker'.

Stuart replied and i couldn't make out whether he said

He said.........

"I'm still waiting for Jake Friend to play this afternoon before making a decision"

thlaughs9-1.gif

Last edited:

Ladmate

Bench
no problem having a kicking option from dummy half. problem is when he tries to do it all and consistently defers from the plan.

farah is the other playmaker at the tigers. who have they really had or got apart from marshall? he's used to playing a certain role which needs to be contained somewhat if he's selected for the blues.

this is a rep team that's being picked and the structure will feature 2 very capable playmakers who will be picked to direct the NSW attack. i'm not saying farah doesn't have the tools to provide a spark, but in the NSW team playing against QLD, he will have to contain himself and pick the right moments to stamp his mark on the game. this is what smith has done for the maroons while locky and thurston ran the show. smith would inject himself at the right moments to counter the any predictability.

IMO, hinchcliff is going to give more reliable service as the main dummy half in an origin game than farah will.

You haven't seen Farah play enough. He defers if needed. Last year with Lui he deferred a lot and injected himself when needed. With no half this year, he is forced to do something.

hack

Thing is over the years, QLD don't necessarily select their squad based on recent form. they identify players who are of representative standard and can play within the structure. Many QLD teams in the past have historically been inferior player for player than NSW teams, but some players they pick who may appear to be average at club level manage to play well within the cohesive unit and to the game plan and are effective at representative level. this is what selected players in representative teams need to do.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
If Farah goes down injured you'd back Hayne to make 30-40 tackles in the middle?

Your never going to cover everthing perfectly. If say Hinchcliffe was the utility for example and Brett Stewart went down youd have to Move Morris to fullback, Jennings to wing and Lewis to centre. Hardly Ideal. Hayne would save all hassle in the backs. Hayne is a serious Utility as he could cover everything 1-7, plus the backrow.

If the hooker went down im sure someone like Lewis could do the job.

Spot On

Coach
If anyone watched the Footy Show, Ivan Cleary made it obvious of his dissatisfaction with Jennings. He was hooked from the field rather than been injured. If this is the case, SOO is out.

Good. This blokes head is just not right and hasn't been for a while. He is massively overrated as a player. If he is in fact as talented as many say he is then when the hell is anyone going to see it. No loss. Get your shit together and decide on where you are going - football or no football. There must be greater issues to deal with than turning up to training and playing. That is how it looks.