What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

hybrid_tiger

Coach
no problem having a kicking option from dummy half. problem is when he tries to do it all and consistently defers from the plan.

farah is the other playmaker at the tigers. who have they really had or got apart from marshall? he's used to playing a certain role which needs to be contained somewhat if he's selected for the blues.

this is a rep team that's being picked and the structure will feature 2 very capable playmakers who will be picked to direct the NSW attack. i'm not saying farah doesn't have the tools to provide a spark, but in the NSW team playing against QLD, he will have to contain himself and pick the right moments to stamp his mark on the game. this is what smith has done for the maroons while locky and thurston ran the show. smith would inject himself at the right moments to counter the any predictability.

IMO, hinchcliff is going to give more reliable service as the main dummy half in an origin game than farah will.

Farah is forced do do everything at club level because his f**kwit coach refuses to play a proper halfback.

Farah showed he can play under a normal structure during City Country, where he played off Pearce and picked his moments.

typicalfan

Coach
He gets to play alongside Pearce at club level next year. Lets see how he goes then, if he plays well he will no doubt come under consideration.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Dugan and B.Stewart both played well today. No doubt they are the only two in the running for the #1 jersey. GStewart and Watmough played good games as well.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Agree. I think Stewart will get the nod as well. Dugan will be the fullback once his shoulder is fixed for NsW for the next few years though and he will build a strong part of the spine.

hack

Dugan and B.Stewart both played well today. No doubt they are the only two in the running for the #1 jersey. GStewart and Watmough played good games as well.

If Stuart doesn't already have a firm idea of the make-up of his squad, his strategy and the roles of individual players in it, but still relying on performances in the next few matches and 'form' to decide on it, then the ARLC may as well call on the engraver to etch QLD into the shield now.

Granted, there have been certain injuries and player disciplinary issues rear it's head recently, but a representative manager should know what the bulk of his squad will be within 3 weeks of the contest.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Heard word that the young 'bolter' that got a call from Stuart was Wade Graham for the bench utility role.

He has been outstanding since switching to the backrow for the sharks, averaging something like 130m a game and he can obviously cover halves and hooker.

Interesting, i'd assume Gallen pushed his case.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Well Stuart said on the Footy Show this morning that the side was pretty much picked and that he's just deciding on a utility.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Heard word that the young 'bolter' that got a call from Stuart was Wade Graham for the bench utility role.

He has been outstanding since switching to the backrow for the sharks, averaging something like 130m a game and he can obviously cover halves and hooker.

Interesting, i'd assume Gallen pushed his case.

Have to agree about Wade Graham. Great move from Flanagan.

RABK

Referee
Yeh his stats are tremendous reading. Averaging 10m every run, shitloads of tackle breaks and offloads all in 50-60 minutes of game time every week.

Could be a master stroke by Stuart.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
From the first time I saw Wade play Harold Matts for Penrith I thought he would be an Origin player. Very tough kid with great skill.

RABK

Referee
The likes of Sims and Williams running off/inside wide receivers like Stewart and Graham is also a pretty exciting prospect. It would really help Pearce if he knew his main job was clean, fast ball to Stewart and Graham who can then use their ball playing to put guys through holes or run themselves.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Geez! I just looked at Graham's stats since moving to the back row. No wonder he is in contention!

Gallen rates Graham very highly, I am sure he has spoken to Ricky about him.

Would be a great story too if Lewis and Graham are both there. Graham was a ball boy for Lewis' Blacktown City team.

RABK

Referee
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Wade Graham
15. Tariq Sims
16. James Tamou
17. Anthony Watmough

That's my final side based on my opinion and what Stuart said this morning. I think Williams is going to miss out unless he is seriously considering overlooking one of Watmough or Lewis.

D

Deleted member 10972

Going to stick my head out and make a few assumptions regarding the team selection for NSW:

- Lewis (backrow), Watmough (backrow), Bird (backrow), Tamou (prop), Gallen (prop), Pearce (halfback) and Uate (wing) will all retain their incumbency from last year
- Jennings (centre) will replace 2011 incumbent Mark Gasnier (retirement)
- Farah (hooker) will replace 2011 incumbent Michael Ennis (injury + loss of form)
- Tamou (prop) will replace 2011 incumbent Tim Mannah (loss of form)
- Hinchcliffe (utility) will replace 2011 incumbent Kurt Gidley (injury)
- Carney (five-eighth) will replace 2011 incumbent Jamie Soward (loss of form)
- Stewart (fullback) will replace 2011 incumbent Anthony Minichiello (Stewart is better?)
- Tony Williams or Tariq Sims (backrow/prop) will replace 2011 incumbent Ben Creagh (more impact)
- Learoyd-Lahrs (prop) will edge out 2011 incumbent prop contenders Kade Snowden, Jason King, Keith Galloway, Trent Merrin, Mick Weyman (TLL returning from injury)

1. Stewart
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Bird
12. Lewis
13. Watmough

14. Hinchcliffe
16. Sims/Williams
17. Learoyd-Lahrs

If selections pan out as I have predicted, then there are a few spots left. Beau Scott probably doesn't hold a place in the team anymore, and his spot could be relinquished to the in-form Glenn Stewart, or another prop. The remaining two outside back positions would be a toss-up between Jarryd Hayne, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Chris Lawrence and Blake Ferguson.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yep hard to argue with Wade Grahams claims
he's been in great form

the talk of the sharks has been gal, toddles and Bukkake (sic) but Graham has been as impressive as all of them.