What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

RABK

Referee
I feel really inclined to push for Williams ahead of someone like Bird, Lewis or Watmough for more impact over workload but i can't see any of those 3 missing out. Perhaps a spot will open up for Williams in game 2.

As long as no Creagh i'd be pretty happy.

isaiah

Bench
This has got to be a gee up right? He was woeful in the test match and showed why he shouldn't be picked at lock for origin, his defence was killing us. A lock that rushes out of the line is never a good thing

which test match were you watching?

isaiah

Bench
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABK
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Wade Graham
15. Tariq Sims
16. James Tamou
17. Anthony Watmough

That's my final side based on my opinion and what Stuart said this morning. I think Williams is going to miss out unless he is seriously considering overlooking one of Watmough or Lewis.

Yep, I reckon that's a great side as well. Well picked RABK.

wade graham, lol..

go on, ricky, take that punt

T.T

Juniors
So with jennings out for 3 weeks, does this all but confirm the centres as lawrence and josh morris?

adamkungl

Immortal
Yeah Josh Morris, despite being a tard Morris brother, has been in pretty fine form.

Bird Lewis and Watmough are musts. Have always been outstanding for NSW and Bird and Watmough in particular go up a notch for the Blues.

eels_fan

First Grade
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. J Morris
4. Lawrence (due to Jennings injury)
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen (C)
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Stewart
12. Bird
13. Lewis

14. Graham
15. Mannah
16. T Williams
17. T Sims

T.T

Juniors
whilst josh morris could trouble qld, he is pretty inept in defence. shame lyon has retired

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
1.stewart
2.morris b
3.morris.j
4.lawrence
5.uate
6.soward
7.pearce
8.weyman
9.farah
10.gallen
11.watmough
12.lewis
13.stewart

14.sims
15.merrin
16.bird
17.carney

With the injury to gidley what does everyone think of using Carney as a utility, and I don't think we can afford to take injured players into origin which is why I left Jennings and Hayne out

T.T

Juniors
lol your kidding. carney is the #1 and best attacking 5/8 nsw have, no point having on the bench to accomodate the #5 5/8 soward, and so we have decent back up in other positions

Ladmate

Bench
My final side:

1. Brett Stewart - Our best bet at fullback. Is safe and is a great support player
2. Jarryd Hayne - We need gamebreakers. He is one. Doesn't matter what he is doing at Parramatta.
3. Josh Morris - With Jennings out, he gets a spot. Is a good attacking center that can punish the defense.
4. Chris Lawrence - Not in great form, but his game shines when surrounded by good players. Great defender too.
5. Akuila Uate - Best winger in the game.
6. Todd Carney - Our best 5/8 in a long time.
7. Mitchell Pearce - Best halfback option and he has improved a lot since last year.
8. Paul Gallen - Our best player and leader. Nothing needs to be said.
9. Robbie Farah - Brings a playmaker and a kicking game which we need.
10. James Tamou - A brilliant option, he brings good go-forward which we desperately need.
11. Glenn Stewart - Class, good tackler and is a nifty playmaker for his position.
12. Greg Bird - Merkin, but he always turns up for Origin.
13. Luke Lewis - In a bad Panthers team, he is their only good player. He does everything well and is only 2nd to Gallen.

14. Wade Graham - Like his value off the bench, fills a lot of positions, brings energy and a good player.
15. Tim Mannah - Still offers a lot of go forward.
16. Anthony Watmough - A great Origin player, you know we have great backrowers when Watmough is coming off the bench.
17. Tariq Sims - Impact player. At his best he can dominate Queensland.

Dragon2010

First Grade
My final side:

1. Brett Stewart - Our best bet at fullback. Is safe and is a great support player
2. Jarryd Hayne - We need gamebreakers. He is one. Doesn't matter what he is doing at Parramatta.
3. Josh Morris - With Jennings out, he gets a spot. Is a good attacking center that can punish the defense.
4. Chris Lawrence - Not in great form, but his game shines when surrounded by good players. Great defender too.
5. Akuila Uate - Best winger in the game.
6. Todd Carney - Our best 5/8 in a long time.
7. Mitchell Pearce - Best halfback option and he has improved a lot since last year.
8. Paul Gallen - Our best player and leader. Nothing needs to be said.
9. Robbie Farah - Brings a playmaker and a kicking game which we need.
10. James Tamou - A brilliant option, he brings good go-forward which we desperately need.
11. Glenn Stewart - Class, good tackler and is a nifty playmaker for his position.
12. Greg Bird - Merkin, but he always turns up for Origin.
13. Luke Lewis - In a bad Panthers team, he is their only good player. He does everything well and is only 2nd to Gallen.

14. Wade Graham - Like his value off the bench, fills a lot of positions, brings energy and a good player.
15. Tim Mannah - Still offers a lot of go forward.
16. Anthony Watmough - A great Origin player, you know we have great backrowers when Watmough is coming off the bench.
17. Tariq Sims - Impact player. At his best he can dominate Queensland.

I'd have the exact same team except maybe swap Mannah to start and Tamou on bench just for the first few exchanges and hit-ups. Mannah has played origin before so he migh be better off starting.

Now THIS is a team.

MSIH

Bench
I'm a big Buhrer fan, he was top again today. He can play in the centres, in the 6, hooker and in the backrow. He'll play Origin for sure in the future, but he is nowhere near ready for SOO now. They won't pick him.

Latest posts