What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Tiger Hawk

Bench
That one of the most damaging players in the game (Uate) was ineffective because his inside players were shit in attack was a massive issue last year. A Carney-Stewart-x-Uate combination (where x is Lawrence or Jennings) oozes potential, and for mine is significantly better than Soward-Scott-Gasnier-Uate.

watatank

Coach
NSW had nothing on the right side attack last year except for pass it to Gasnier...You'd pick a player like Stewart on the right to add that variety. It won't happen but I think that Stuart should really consider playing Stewart right backrow and have Lewis running off him at right centre, think that could give Uate some space.

RABK

Referee
I don't like the idea of structuring Carney to one side of the field, he needs to be able to roam to show us his best but if Pearce camps on the left then sure have ensure Carney feeds our right side attack as much as possible.

I like the idea of utilizing the ball playing of Farah and Glenn Stewart. Have Carney and Pearce on the left some times so QLD stack numbers that side but then have Farah pass to Glenn Stewart who can run at the line and is good enough to give a good ball to Lawrence/Morris. If we can consistently get Stewart/Centre/Uate 3 on 3 with their opposites we could really tear QLD up on that right fringe. In turn this will provide more space for the left side for B Stewart to provide the extra man and send Hayne/Jennings over for some tries.

My point been Carney, Farah, B Stewart, Pearce and G Stewart - 5 damn good ball players. If we can't find space for our backs with these guys then Stuart can't coach or we need some Gaba gameplans.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Just look at the spread of field we can achieve with the players we'll likely have.

...........................................................................Farah
.....................................................Pearce.......... Carney .................. G Stewart
......................Jennings.......... Lewis...............................Watmough...................... Lawrence
Hayne .................. B Stewart......................................................... B Stewart.................................. Uate

Last edited:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I don't like the idea of structuring Carney to one side of the field, he needs to be able to roam to show us his best but if Pearce camps on the left then sure have ensure Carney feeds our right side attack as much as possible.
I agree - Carney should be given licence to inject himself where and when he wants with the form he's shown the last couple of weeks. But based on last year's set-up, where Pearce played almost exclusively left and Soward almost exclusively right, I'd expect Ricky to stay as true to that as possible.

As you say, if those ball-players are picked (and assuming the pigs in the middle do their jobs), we will ask plenty of the QLD defence.

RABK

Referee
I think we should Follow Manlys lead.

Foran left, DCE and B Stewart roaming, G Stewart Right.
Pearce Left, Carney and B Stewart Roaming, G Stewart Right.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
It makes sense - and it's not just Manly, but a number of clubs. Farah for instance generally operates on the right for the Tigers, with Benji left. They probably play more on both sides this year then they have in the past, but while John Morris was "halfback", Farah handled most of the playmaking on our right. Glenn Stewart plays right-side (mostly) for Manly, Uate on the right wing, it's just putting a centre there who will best adapt.

Funnily enough, from what I've seen of the Roosters, I'd say Anasta plays more left than Pearce but maybe Roosters fans will tell me otherwise.

Gippsy

Bench
My point been Carney, Farah, B Stewart, Pearce and G Stewart - 5 damn good ball players. If we can't find space for our backs with these guys then Stuart can't coach or we need some Gaba gameplans.

Agree, and add some damaging runners in Lewis, Stewart, Sims & Williams, with some speed in the backline, Uate, Hayne, Morris, Lawrence, and we have the side to give Qld a shake.

I can't help thinking though, that our biggest problems are going to be Stuart, and the selectors. :?

analyst

Juniors
Agree, and add some damaging runners in Lewis, Stewart, Sims & Williams, with some speed in the backline, Uate, Hayne, Morris, Lawrence, and we have the side to give Qld a shake.

I can't help thinking though, that our biggest problems are going to be Stuart, and the selectors. :?

lossing is a habit

The NSW camp needs to break down its minset, destroy it and start fresh, not fresh players but a fresh mindset and fresh mentality, when the NSW mentality is clean then you can begin to fill in a team with players, otherwise the players are inheriting a jumper predisposed to lossing.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Have a problem with some QLD nuffy waffling on about mindset and mentality and "lossing" in a thread about potential / possible / preferred NSW sides.

Mr Saab

Referee
There's a handful of us who've probably contributed 60,000 of those views and 90% of the posts naming 250 different 17's. Gonna be one heck of a party in here if we finally win a series.

It will be akin to Souffs or the Sharks winning a comp....almost.

analyst

Juniors
Have a problem with some QLD nuffy waffling on about mindset and mentality and "lossing" in a thread about potential / possible / preferred NSW sides.

You think a thread of over 2,500 posts is going to consist of content that is all exactly within the parameters of its title name? ask the moderators to enforce that posts never cross over into related, sub topics if you have a problem with diverse posts.