What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Vic Mackey

Referee
John Gibbs said he has mail that hayne will be right center, Farah hooker and buhrer on the bench

He is usually pretty spot on.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Why is Lawrence a certainty with so many commentators? He's solid at best, playing in a side not much better than Parra. Ridiculous.

Lawrence should have played about 7 origins by now

However this year he has been below par (certainly not helped by his team mates) and I wouldn't be complaining if he,as expected, misses out

RABK

Referee
Therein lies the ability of Glenn Stewart. If we can give him ball like that he will ALWAYS draw the centre and put his centre and winger in a 2 on 1 situation.

Up to Carney and Pearce to give him ball like DCE does though.

the kirwan kid

Juniors
As a Queenslander this is a team that would worry me if NSW picked it ...*And you guys leaving out hayne would be like us leaving out Inglis. He's been in crap club form so many times but we pick him & he kills it. Hayne's always one of your best.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Morris (take your pick)
3. Michael Jennings
4.*Jarryd hayne (got to be in the side & your centres are crap - the best ones don't want to play)
5. Aquila uate
6.*Todd carney
7. *Mitchell Pearce*
8. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farrah
10. Paul gallen
11. Glen Stewart*
12. Anthony watmough
13. Greg bird

14.**Luke Lewis (great back rower and mr fix it)
15. Tom learoyd-Lars (under rated)
16. *james tamou
17. * Tariq sims (I rate Ashton too & reckon he'd add heaps of mongrel)

RABK

Referee
Watmough was outstanding tonight. Was everywhere in attack and defence. Can't leave him out.

Jono078

Referee
Stewart didn't have the best of games. Displayed great passing skills, but running game and errors left a lot to be desired.

I think Dugan will be fullback if he has a solid game and injury free.

Jono078

Referee
I'm not on the Buhrer bangwagon.

Not sure what he's done for people to throw his name up there now..

RABK

Referee
Buhrer set up the match winning try and showed some enterprise with those grubbers behind the line. He was ok. Not fussed if they do give him the utility role.

Stewart brothers had a hand in every manly try and threw some great passes. Brett had a couple of poor errors near the end but was very good under the high ball.

I think they all did enough to earn their jerseys.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
The thing that makes Stewart a must at FB for mine is that he links up with the outside backs very well. Hayne, Jennings and Uate need good early ball and there's no better fullback to do the job than Stewart.

Dugan is a very talented fullback with a superior running game to Stewart imo, but he often screws up a set move by hogging it, even if there are better options.

Boganater

Juniors
The thing that makes Stewart a must at FB for mine is that he links up with the outside backs very well. Hayne, Jennings and Uate need good early ball and there's no better fullback to do the job than Stewart.

Dugan is a very talented fullback with a superior running game to Stewart imo, but he often screws up a set move by hogging it, even if there are better options.

Look at Jennings try game 1 last year who puts Jennings into space?
When is Dugan a hog ? When returns the ball and breaks tackles instead of giving it to his winger?
Stewart is good but if you're on the back foot and need a strong run out of your own end who would you rather return the ball? Stewart would get squashed.

Boganater

Juniors
Probably Buhrers worst game of the year imo.
Buhrer had 1 good offload tonight and that's match highlights done.
Buhrer does everything reasonably well but he will hardly strike fear into the QLD hearts.
I would rather someone who can hurt the opposition rather than be another ineffective player like Gidley.

Jono078

Referee
If what Ricky said about wanting to score points and all it's gotta be Dugan. He can come up with the big runs, tackles busts and passes to put people over or through the line.