What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Look at Jennings try game 1 last year who puts Jennings into space?
When is Dugan a hog ? When returns the ball and breaks tackles instead of giving it to his winger?
Stewart is good but if you're on the back foot and need a strong run out of your own end who would you rather return the ball? Stewart would get squashed.
Just from watching them both, Stewart is the better ball player. I don't necessarily think Dugan is bad at it or a hog, I just think Stewart has perfected it over his career and is probably better than anyone at it. Dugan put Jennings through a gap that was 5m wide. It was a good play, but other fullback could have done the same.

I have admitted that Dugan has the superior running game. He has a very good ability to break through tackles that he simply shouldn't. As for getting out of our end, that isn't much of an issue with guys like Uate and Hayne moving in field to take a hitup.

RABK

Referee
If what Ricky said about wanting to score points and all it's gotta be Dugan. He can come up with the big runs, tackles busts and passes to put people over or through the line.

Dugans not in Stewarts league for ball playing and providing the extra man in attack. I do agree that he is more likely as an individual to bust the line and make a big run though.

Whoever gets it, even if it happens to be bloody Minichiello, better just have a great game. It'd be nice, considering the quality of 1's we have in this state, to get a good game from our number 1 for once.

RABK

Referee
So the majority of us are selecting the same 18-20 players so a question for you all...

Carney will obviously be our first choice kicker but if he does happen to get injured i'd hate for us to lose ala brisbane tonight on goal kicking.

So who of all the players we're selecting has any goalkicking experience/skill? Has Hayne, Pearce, Lawrence or Farah ever kicked goals even as a third or fourth choice?

I think this possiblity means the utility might be someone who has goal kicking experience or worst case even means Ennis gets the nod ahead of Farah. It'd just be terrible if someone like Pearce had to step up and kick a simple goal from 15m out and 10m wide to tie/win the game and missed.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
I wish Lyon hadn't dogged rep footy. Excellent footballer. Footballer being the key word - he's not an "athlete"

T.T

Juniors
So the majority of us are selecting the same 18-20 players so a question for you all...

Carney will obviously be our first choice kicker but if he does happen to get injured i'd hate for us to lose ala brisbane tonight on goal kicking.

So who of all the players we're selecting has any goalkicking experience/skill? Has Hayne, Pearce, Lawrence or Farah ever kicked goals even as a third or fourth choice?

I think this possiblity means the utility might be someone who has goal kicking experience or worst case even means Ennis gets the nod ahead of Farah. It'd just be terrible if someone like Pearce had to step up and kick a simple goal from 15m out and 10m wide to tie/win the game and missed.

farah hasn't kicked since 2003
hayne and lawrence only a handful
and strangely pearce has never kicked a goal, although surely he would have the ability?

although i doubt carney will be subbed off, and to be honest if he goes down injured we would probably lose anyway

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Well i know Mullen has never kicked a goal at any level of League yet can slot them beautifully mucking around at training so i'd assume guys like Farah, Pearce and Hayne practice occassionally and possess some skill at the very least. Still we'd all be damn nervous if some make shift goalkicker had to step up for an important kick even if it was straight infront.

isaiah

Bench
Buhrer set up the match winning try and showed some enterprise with those grubbers behind the line. He was ok. Not fussed if they do give him the utility role.

Stewart brothers had a hand in every manly try and threw some great passes. Brett had a couple of poor errors near the end but was very good under the high ball.

I think they all did enough to earn their jerseys.

lol, i watched a different game on my TV. buhrer wasn't out there, was he? good luck to the blues if he is the secret weapon. glenn was busy without being brilliant and brett was awful. but i guess you have had some awful backlines the last 6 years!

Patorick

Staff member
farah hasn't kicked since 2003
hayne and lawrence only a handful
and strangely pearce has never kicked a goal, although surely he would have the ability?

although i doubt carney will be subbed off, and to be honest if he goes down injured we would probably lose anyway
T-Rex can goalkick.

If he's picked that is.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
John Gibbs said he has mail that hayne will be right center, Farah hooker and buhrer on the bench

He is usually pretty spot on.

He is.

Good to see Bozo still picking a left of field Manly player every year, FMD.

Jennings, Lawrence or J.Morris for left centre?

I'd rather have Hayne on the wing as it would mean no Brett Morris.

watatank

Coach
I think we have more important things to worry about than backup goalkickers but if it's such a concern we should just pick Ennis along with Farah or whoever wears the 9. Don't know why this isn't an option anyway, most teams play with two DH anyway

T.T

Juniors
fmd, 2 out of form players in jennings and hayne in the centres with stuarts new thinking 'we cant stop qld so we have to outscore them'

if buhrer comes on for farah at hooker it will be one of the dumbest interchanges in the history of origin

broncos70

Juniors
Lyon retired from rep cos Inglis ran over him and embarassed him a couple of years in a row. Lyon is by far NSW's best centre, but he's no good enough to mark Inglis. If you don't think he got dominated then watch his last few games for NSW.

Parra Pride

Referee
fmd, 2 out of form players in jennings and hayne in the centres with stuarts new thinking 'we cant stop qld so we have to outscore them'

if buhrer comes on for farah at hooker it will be one of the dumbest interchanges in the history of origin

Brett Stuart 2012:
Averages 103 metres
Has 3 linebreaks, and 3 linebreak assists
16 tackle breaks
3 tries, 2 try assists
9 errors

Jarryd Hayne 2012:
Averages 161 metres
7 linebreaks, 3 linebreak assists
28 tackle breaks
5 tries, 3 try assists
4 errors

Jarred Hayne in Origin (13 games):
Averages 141 metres
11 line breaks, 1 linebreak assist
94 tackle breaks
7 tries, 1 try assist

Yeah, I can totally see how Hayne is out of form... :crazy:

T-Rex can goalkick.

If he's picked that is.

Hayne has kicked in the past as well.

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
Therein lies the ability of Glenn Stewart. If we can give him ball like that he will ALWAYS draw the centre and put his centre and winger in a 2 on 1 situation.

Up to Carney and Pearce to give him ball like DCE does though.

:sarcasm: You've got to be kidding? He caught and passed on one a simple skill and drew nicely for one but Qld will never be as poorly positioned as that. Why Copley was so far back I'll never know.

Did you miss his total inability to make any metres last night and some of his poor decision making?

If that's the kind of performance we need we're really scraping the barrel.

Ant

Juniors
You can't be picking sides worrying about back up goal kicker . Carney will kick goals after that I am sure
Multiple others will have kicked goals as juniors

munge

Juniors
1) stewart
2) b.morris
3) j.morris
4) hayne
5) uate
6) carney
7) pearce
8) gallen (C)
9) farah
10) weyman
11) bird
12) watmough
13) luke lewis

14) aubusson
15) tony williams
16) tamou
17) mannah

RABK

Referee
:sarcasm: You've got to be kidding? He caught and passed on one a simple skill and drew nicely for one but Qld will never be as poorly positioned as that. Why Copley was so far back I'll never know.

Did you miss his total inability to make any metres last night and some of his poor decision making?

If that's the kind of performance we need we're really scraping the barrel.

Ok you don't like glenn stewart, we all get it. But you're an idiot. He is a quality player who will offer a lot. He's played 4 Origins. If we judged Andrew Johns, Paul Gallen, Brad Fittler and countless others on their first 3 or 4 origins they'd have never played again.

Grow the f**k up and stop hating on stewart at every opportunity.

He threw the final or penultimate pass for about 3 tries last night but i'm sure it was just all copleys bad positioning. Please he draws and passes beautifully - better than any backrower in the game.

Last edited: