What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

RABK

Referee
So we're looking at...

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris/Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Tony Williams
16. Ben Creagh
17. Tariq Sims

18. Anthony Watmough
19. Chris Lawrence/Josh Morris

smacky

Juniors
Why would they use Creagh in the Front row when you could have a player like Merrin who actually plays that position and is in form unlike creagh. I cant see him making that selection.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Ben Creagh front row? that'll do me

This was on nrl.com though

NSW State of Origin coach Ricky Stuart finally caught a break with Manly forward Anthony Watmough easing any fears over his availability for the series opener.

Hopefully Watmough gets the nod over Creagh..

Parra Pride

Referee
* OUT-OF-FORM Eels star Jarryd Hayne will start on the wing, with Manly's Brett Stewart at fullback;

Here are some stats I posted earlier in the thread:

Brett Stuart 2012:
Averages 103 metres
Has 3 linebreaks, and 3 linebreak assists
16 tackle breaks
3 tries, 2 try assists
9 errors

Jarryd Hayne 2012:
Averages 161 metres
7 linebreaks, 3 linebreak assists
28 tackle breaks
5 tries, 3 try assists
4 errors

If Hayne is out of form, surely Stewart is too?

Last edited:

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
Stuart never fails to come up with at least a couple of howlers. Creagh to play as a front rower is the favourite for the title this year.

And that farkwit fulton always manages to throw in a Manly player from left field (King last year was almost laughable). How the hell Buhrer is right for origin is beyond me.

gUt

Coach
So all the commentators and experts are now leaving Hayne out of their teams, it's madness.

Jamie Lyon is a bit of a f**khead for not playing SOO in my opinion. He along with Gidley, Bird, Lewis, Gallen and Hayne could have been the stable, senior core that NSW could have built a new generation side around.

timka4

Bench
Creagh and Buhrer will be bad selections if true. I'm glad too see both Sims and Williams will make there debuts along with Carney.
Rest of the predicted team I'm happy with though
How the f**k Creagh is selected over and over again I have no idea.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I'm a dragons fan and I think Creagh is the stupidest selection possible. He's a cat and always goes missing thus just increasing the work-load of other players. Surely it's a gee-up and a stir? But Buhrer as well? Fulton's influence on the selections remain strong. How much shit must we as NSW fans have to endure with stupid selections. If they both have blinders I will happily eat my words. Creagh has shown nothing at Origin level though and although Buhrer is a workhorse I don't think he's ready.

Get rid of Creagh the cat. Put in Watmough. Get rid of Buhrer and put in Hinchcliffe. Speaking of that. Does anybody know where Creagh lives? Maybe we can pay him a small visit to make sure he is un-fit for selection. :lol:

Guess we wait to 5pm now. Inc 500 people posting "Offical 2012 NSW Thread" in the forums.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
If that's the team then it looks quite good imo...apart from creagh, watmough has to be there. Consistently one of NSW best players

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Oh dear, Creagh to be used in the front row rotation. I cannot think of a second rower who could be more un-prop like than Creagh the cat.

WHERE ARE THE BENCH PROPS RICKY?????

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Apart from the selections of Creagh and Buhrer its a good team, particularly the back line. Lets just hope Stuart is just foxing and picks Mannah on the bench. I watched Buhrer on Friday night and saw nothing special at all. I suppose it could be worse, Bozo could have picked Rose as his automatic selection.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Tiger. I think being short a prop is an intentional ploy and not necessairly a mistake to choose another player. He might drop a utility there and while they are in that position play a slightly different game of football. We will find out soon if we are a prop short.

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
I'm a dragons fan and I think Creagh is the stupidest selection possible. He's a cat and always goes missing thus just increasing the work-load of other players. Surely it's a gee-up and a stir? But Buhrer as well? Fulton's influence on the selections remain strong. How much shit must we as NSW fans have to endure with stupid selections. If they both have blinders I will happily eat my words. Creagh has shown nothing at Origin level though and although Buhrer is a workhorse I don't think he's ready.

Get rid of Creagh the cat. Put in Watmough. Get rid of Buhrer and put in Hinchcliffe. Speaking of that. Does anybody know where Creagh lives? Maybe we can pay him a small visit to make sure he is un-fit for selection. :lol:

Guess we wait to 5pm now. Inc 500 people posting "Offical 2012 NSW Thread" in the forums.

f**k off idiot. Whilst I agree creagh should not be in the origin team, he is anything but a 'cat'. LOL how you say you support the dragons then go on to bash possibly our best and most consistent player of the last 10 years. Go support someone else you nuffie.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
As you can tell, Im a big believer in having dedicated props within the team. We have often gone into games light on in this department and paid the price. If NSW have a plan, I hope its a better one than last time.

Latest posts