What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

betcats

Referee
I can confirm that T. Williams never went to Seaworld. He did however visit Coffs Harbour which is closer to Brisbane than Sydney so it appears that the QRL have a valid claim. - DoggiesBlow101

Wells coffs harbour is past halfway to QLD so it is in fact closer to QLD then NSW, so i guess T Rex is a stinkin maroon since he visited coffs. Maths C strikes again for the filthy bumpkins.

betcats

Referee
Williams is a mug, he'll be found at origin level with his low tackle count, poor technique & poor discipline.

He's the true definition of an athlete not a footballer. Whilst he's effective at club level he'll be a liability at SOO level.

Jeez this is going to be more unpopular than my opinion that we should pick a strong defensive centre on the right fringe but I just couldn't bite my tongue any longer. The next Jamal Idris

He has done more then Idris and he went well playing for AUS so i think he'll do ok from the bench.

Raider_69

Post Whore
1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce / Maloney
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10 Gallen
11 Watmough
12 G Stewart
13 Campese

14 Mannah
15 T Williams
16 Bird
17 Gidley

Logic - for years NSW have taken the field with one ball player and occasionally two. Whenever NSW has the ball QLD know where to group defenders because one pass and the catcher runs the ball. Every time they take the hit up and try a fast play the ball. That's been their only tactic for 6 years. Name the number of quality second rowers that NSW has put up against the Queensland defence and look what happened to the NSW attack.

We need something MORE to defeat Queensland. Screw matching them, let's f**king run rings round them. We need cool heads, great passing ability and fast feet. Queensland has always used this combination to defeat NSW and it's about time we woke up to the fact.

Thurston, Lockyer, Cronk etc can all run at the line, pass late and keep the ball moving to find fast runners in space. We find a runner and run at a defender. It's too f**king simple to win us games.

Firstly we needs Carney. He is fast on his feet, difficult to tackle and can make the spectacular look easy. We need speedy outside backs. Jennings, Uate, Hayne and Lawrence fit the bill. Carney is not an organiser, he needs to play alongside someone who does the percentage things well. Pearce is a dogged defender, but Maloney is a classier player. I'd be tempted to go with Carney and Maloney, but they've never played together before, so maybe Pearce is the best option.

But to beat Queensland we need more ball players. I'd actually play Campese in the lock forward position - playing the same role that Fittler played when Johns and Daley were in the halves. He is big and strong, can pass and gives us another kicking option. He also has a really good relationship with Dugan and that could be the key for NSW in the same way that Slater makes things happen for QLD off of Cronk and Smith.

The rest pretty much picks itself with Tony Williams getting a bench spot and Bird getting the nod over Lewis.... just.

Great in theory. Stewart, Campese, Ennis, Pearce, Carney, Hayne, Dugan and Kiddley off the bench
very much strikes me as the "too many chiefs, not enough indians" problem

gUt

Coach
Something you guys should know. In this week's Big League, Mark Minichiello has declared that he's ready for an Origin call up.

Dragon_Taylor6

Juniors
Something you guys should know. In this week's Big League, Mark Minichiello has declared that he's ready for an Origin call up.

Oh wow. I'm impressed with that news. Must pick him.
:sarcasm: But what we should realy do is start talking to young queenslanders.

RWB

Bench
Tony Williams defence tonight.... hmmmmmmm

On a brighter note Gallen, what a freak, what a man.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Fkn Qlduhs rigging the judiciary

What Hutty said. It's only a conspiracy if it's against QLD. I think he should contest it and try play for Game I a part of me says don't It's a tough decision.

The tackle was nasty but DeGois landed on his back and I don't think Williams said "I'm going to f*cking hurt you here comes a spear throw tackle"

RWB

Bench
Oh no!! Now how will we find a backrower who can make 18 tackles in 80 minutes for 7 missed and 5 ineffective.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He averages 33 tackles and 3 missed tackles this season mate. That's with 18 hit ups and 142m

Last night was sub par for him

RWB

Bench
He averages 33 tackles and 3 missed tackles this season mate. That's with 18 hit ups and 142m

Last night was sub par for him

:lol: Averages 33 tackles that'll do me. Shaun Fensom must be averaging in the 200's according to your statistician.

I'd be surprised if the guy has ever made 33 tackles in a single game.

Latest posts