What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

perverse

Referee
i'd be surprised if that was the tackle count for all 3 of his games combined. absolute bludger on that side of the ball.

watatank

Coach
who cares he's forced to pace himself over 80 minutes...wouldn't expect him to make that many tackles or play that many minutes anyway as an impact interchange player

Dragon2010

First Grade
He won't play 80 minutes in Origin......He'll start on the bench. Lucky to play 30-40minutes all up.

Joker's Wild

Coach
How does he end up with such low tackle counts playing 80min in the back row? Its pretty hard to avoid making tackles in the middle if players are running at you, I guess they arnt

watatank

Coach
he usually defends on the left, not the middle which makes a difference. i'd say he's encouraged to save his strength for attack. only get involved in defence when he has to.

that said, he's supposed to be defending inside foran who made more tackle than he did

RWB

Bench
Williams is just lazy, unless the players run directly at him and he's forced to make the tackle then he wont. He'll never go looking for work and he'll never help his team mates coming 3rd man in to help slow the play the ball down.

Just look at the first try last night from Bukuya. Foran makes first contact up top, Williams makes the second (he's expected to take the legs) but can't be bothered bending his back from the team and just lets go.

Not like there's no traffic coming down that left hand fringe either.

2012 season averages
T. Williams - 17 tackles per game
K. Foran - 18 tackles per game
J. Lyon - 16 tackles per game

Jason Maher

Immortal
Gotta love NSW fans - change their minds after one good or bad game from a player. No wonder our selectors do the same. 3 rounds of form is hardly enough to go by, so by and large at this stage I'd go with last year's team:

1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Micthell Pearce
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14 and 15. 2 of Lewis/Bird/Stewart/Sims/Fensom
16 and 17. 2 of Merrin/Weyman/Hunt/Douglas/Galloway/TLL

Loads of back row and front row options. Personally couldn't care which of the players named get a gig, just went with the default of last year's team and club bias. :D

Don't care who plays fullback out of Stewart, Hayne, and Dugan either. All class players.

Went Brett Morris just to piss off his multitude of haters, and because he's the incumbent, and I don't see another winger knocking the door down. :p

I personally prefer Farah to Ennis, always have. As long as we don't pick Gidley.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Gidley will be there. No questions asked. I can pick and point that team's +/- there is part I like.

And the reason people change teams so much as it's only ideas and building on allot of factors such as what other people post.etc.

jbl31649

Juniors
What Hutty said. It's only a conspiracy if it's against QLD. I think he should contest it and try play for Game I a part of me says don't It's a tough decision.

The tackle was nasty but DeGois landed on his back and I don't think Williams said "I'm going to f*cking hurt you here comes a spear throw tackle"

It wasn't a spear throw tackle. DeGois is eyeing a spot in the Gymnastics side for the London Olympics. T-Rex was just helping him with his summersalt backslam manouver.

# Could swear same time last year we had injury clouds over SOO players from the previous team. (suspensions included)

Also anyone question T-Williams tackling ability or his laziness has got to understand how much energy is used by such a big bloke. He could in noway survive 80min at SOO level. If they look at him its on the bench and I still say game 3 if we have rapped the series up. See how he goes, but he can't be there in the spot of someone like Fensom.

Last edited:

Dragon2010

First Grade
It wasn't a spear throw tackle. DeGois is eyeing a spot in the Gymnastics side for the London Olympics. T-Rex was just helping him with his summersalt backslam manouver.

# Could swear same time last year we had injury clouds over SOO players from the previous team. (suspensions included)

Also anyone question T-Williams tackling ability or his laziness has got to understand how much energy is used by such a big bloke. He could in noway survive 80min at SOO level. If they look at him its on the bench and I still say game 3 if we have rapped the series up. See how he goes, but he can't be there in the spot of someone like Fensom.

Mate I was just stating it an as example of accidental as opposed to deliberate. I saw the tackle so I'm aware of how it went. It looks worse then it actually does. I don't think 7/10 weeks is necessary in my opinion. He will get some massive carry over points though on that.

Ans yes, The injury cloud is starting to build up it always seems to happen to us around Origin time. Still we have Dugan a hopeful of being back in time, Hayne is unsure but hopefully he is fit for SOO. It all depends on my factors.

I rate Williams. He is a attacking machine. He won't survive 80minutes but used on the back end of each half to just get out there and run the ball he will cause headaches to a tiring QLD pack. This is how he can best be used. I'd still take Fensom above him though.

Spot On

Coach
Gotta love NSW fans - change their minds after one good or bad game from a player. No wonder our selectors do the same. 3 rounds of form is hardly enough to go by, so by and large at this stage I'd go with last year's team:

1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Micthell Pearce
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14 and 15. 2 of Lewis/Bird/Stewart/Sims/Fensom
16 and 17. 2 of Merrin/Weyman/Hunt/Douglas/Galloway/TLL

Loads of back row and front row options. Personally couldn't care which of the players named get a gig, just went with the default of last year's team and club bias. :D

Don't care who plays fullback out of Stewart, Hayne, and Dugan either. All class players.

Went Brett Morris just to piss off his multitude of haters, and because he's the incumbent, and I don't see another winger knocking the door down. :p

I personally prefer Farah to Ennis, always have. As long as we don't pick Gidley.

No knock on you mate, but that pack is absolutely f**ked, with the exception of the Great Gal of course.We are rooted up front for the seventh season running with no sign of four saviours coming forward any time soon. Prop rotation is bare, hookers are f**ked and the backrowers are soft with little to no skill with the ball.

I like the backs although I'd prefer Brett Stewart at fullback. Can't stand the halfback but what else do you so.

NSW should be big odds to win the series. Stating the obvious I know but the gulf in playing talent across all positions is getting wider and wider each year. It will be a monumental upset if QLD manage to lose this series.

Spot On

Coach
Actually I'd definitely have Trent Merrin on current form as one prop in the rotation. I could see the benefit of having Fensom playing tight as well. That lets Gal go to the frontrow with possibly Bird and ??? Watmough in the backrow. Shame about Tariq Sims not being back, fit and firing yet.

Last edited:

Dragon2010

First Grade
Actually I'd definitely have Trent Merrin on current form as one prop in the rotation. I could see the benefit of having Fensom playing tight as well. That lets Gal go to the frontrow with possibly Bird and ??? Watmough in the backrow. Shame about Tariq Sims not being back, fit and firing yet.

Merrin is a great player. He only got such limited game time last year. I think it was a plot by Stuart to slowly blood him in. Gallen/Bird/Watmough are 100% in the squad.

P.S Don't be so negative with your above post. We have the talent and the skill to beat QLD. They are down Lockyer whether they admit it or not they will be a very different team without his leadership on the field. His magic touch and everything might just be what they miss out on this series. It's the passion and support we have to show as fans.

Matt King to right-centre.

Fullback - Stewart
Wings - Uate, Morris
Centres - King, Lawrence
Five-eighth - Carney
Halfback - Pearce
Pivot - Ennis
Front-rowers - Snowden, Learoyd-Lahrs
Second-rowers - Lewis, Bird
Loose-forward - Gallen

Interchange - Gidley, Merrin, Woods, Williams

Hutty1986

Immortal
No knock on you mate, but that pack is absolutely f**ked, with the exception of the Great Gal of course.We are rooted up front for the seventh season running with no sign of four saviours coming forward any time soon. Prop rotation is bare, hookers are f**ked and the backrowers are soft with little to no skill with the ball.

I like the backs although I'd prefer Brett Stewart at fullback. Can't stand the halfback but what else do you so.

NSW should be big odds to win the series. Stating the obvious I know but the gulf in playing talent across all positions is getting wider and wider each year. It will be a monumental upset if QLD manage to lose this series.

Monumental upset, are you for real? Last year's series was the closest for years, no reason whatsoever why this year won't be the same

firechild

First Grade
Not like there's no traffic coming down that left hand fringe either.

2012 season averages
T. Williams - 17 tackles per game
K. Foran - 18 tackles per game
J. Lyon - 16 tackles per game

You do realise that Lyon and Williams/Foran are on different sides of the field right?

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Matt King to right-centre.

Fullback - Stewart
Wings - Uate, Morris
Centres - King, Lawrence
Five-eighth - Carney
Halfback - Pearce
Pivot - Ennis
Front-rowers - Snowden, Learoyd-Lahrs
Second-rowers - Lewis, Bird
Loose-forward - Gallen

Interchange - Gidley, Merrin, Woods, Williams

Ennis at hooker. Obviously you haven't watched him over the last 2 series. He has been utterly crap.

Latest posts