What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Rod

Bench
For the five-eighth, Carney, Maloney, Mullen/Soward, Campese in roughly that order for me. They should have picked Carney in 2010 but that's bygones now I guess. I hope they don't make the same mistake twice.

For mine the only reason Soward will keep his spot is if they want some stability there because NSW have chopped and changed the halves so much in recent times.

I think Pearce has the 7 sewn up TBH. That's part of the reason I like Carney in the 6, those two have a history as a combination.

Dragon2010

First Grade
To be honest Carney in the 6 and Pearce in the 7 is my proffered halves. They have played together at club level and Pearce has a few Origin games next to his name. While he's not the flashiest halfback he is still solid and outs in 100%. His defense for a 1/2 is good to. In Game II he looked fairly confident and if he can play at or above that level he will do well.

Carney was good on Monday he is looking at getting back to his usual self. Hopefully his form stays and he gets an Origin call-up he's a good kicker and he takes on the line and is great at helping set up tries. Something we need more fire in our bellies a stronger more potent attack.

I think something like Carney sending off a full speed Hayne or Jennings is something we can only dream of.

RHCP

Bench
We should not be picking Carney after 8 weeks of form. Maloney and Mullen are hardly making themselves must picks.

If Soward got all three games last season, he'll get game one this season and rightfully so.

RWB

Bench
Carney was very good in the number 6 on Monday night too

And people think there's no difference, watch him find his 2010 form now that he has a solid organiser next to him and he's concentrating on his running game. No where near the quality of Pearce but Robson will play the 2006 Shane Perry role.

isaiah

Bench
selectors will go for something like this :

1. J.Dugan
2. J.Hayne
3. M.Jennings
4. C.Lawrence
5. A.Uate
6. J.Soward
7. M.Pearce
8. P.Gallen
9. M.Ennis
10. K.Galloway
11. A.Watmough
12 G.Stewart
13 L.Lewis
INT
14. K.Gidley
15. T.Sims
16. T.Williams
17. T.Mannah

even with all the form players putting their hands up, the only changes from this side should be replacing the suspended t-rex and the injured gidley

Spot On

Coach
even with all the form players putting their hands up, the only changes from this side should be replacing the suspended t-rex and the injured gidley

You have no doubt given two of the dumbest comments ever seen on this forum with the above statement and the Gallen "no tackle bust dribble". You sir must be a Queenslander if you believe that side should run out in Origin 1.

sputneek

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Brett Morris (ugh)
3. Josh Morris (ugh)
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Michael Ennis (ugh)
10. Tim Mannah
11. no idea anymore
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. No idea
15. No idea
16. Anthony Watmough
17. No idea

Dragon2010

First Grade
No Jennings or Hayne? I thought Hayne would be back before origin

Jennings has been nothing short of great. Ivan has put a whole lot of new-found confidence in him. It looks as if he has lifted the burden off his field drama in 2011 and lifted his game. I guess a new coach who trusts him can go a long way. Been deadly in all his games so far. Personally I'd give him the left center spot over Morris and Lawrence and not play him out of position.

Hayne will be back next week or the week after more then likely....Plenty of time to get a bit of footy under his belt before Origin. Again guy should be a definite selection. Dropping him in Game I was a mistake. Had be been there I reckon it would have been a different game. In Game II and III he was one of our better players and has been for the past few series.

Latest posts