What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Mullen debuted after 31 nrl games because of the wankfest in the media at the time, and failed, and he's done f**k all since to warrant another game.
Call it what you like, but the media wankfest happened because he was in very good form at the time. A 20 year old with just 31 games of NRL doesn't debut for NSW if they don't have any ability, or potential.

As for him showing f**k all since then, I somewhat agree with you. Yeah he's been inconsistent and hasn't deserved a call up for NSW, but the argument here is that he can't dominate games on his own like Campese can, which isn't true.

Rod

Bench
I think Pearce goes well with an attacking half like Carney. If he doesn't have to worry about manufacturing tries himself he can focus more on his strengths, such as his long kicking game, organisation and defence.

Soward is playing well ATM but there is not enough points between him and Pearce at Origin level, particularly with Ennis at hooker.

Soward or Pearce, but not both. One of them has to go IMO. For whatever reason I really can't see them dropping Pearce.

Hutty1986

Immortal
LOL you know your struggling when geniuss like Faiders_Spooners chips in. Mullen has barely realised a third of his potential (for whatever reasons) and him, Soward & Maloney are all far more deserving of a NSW jersey at this stage than Campese

Raider_69

Post Whore
LOL you know your struggling when geniuss like Faiders_Spooners chips in. Mullen has barely realised a third of his potential (for whatever reasons) and him, Soward & Maloney are all far more deserving of a NSW jersey at this stage than Campese

How long do we keep waiting for his potential to be realised?
There are 100 halves with potential, and barely a handful who are origin material. Potential doesnt mean shit if you cant live up to it
Mullen thus far hasnt gotten close to living up to his potential.

And you dont pick origin squads on potential.

Rod

Bench
That's why he more than likely won't get picked and very few on here have actually said they want him to be picked.

Hutty1986

Immortal
How long do we keep waiting for his potential to be realised?
There are 100 halves with potential, and barely a handful who are origin material. Potential doesnt mean shit if you cant live up to it
Mullen thus far hasnt gotten close to living up to his potential.

And you dont pick origin squads on potential.

I agree with that, I'm just saying that even with the few glimpses of class we've seen from Mullen, he's got more runs on the board at the moment than Campo does. Campese needs to prove a hell of a lot more to be any chance of getting picked, Soward should be the obvious choice on current form, not that many NSW sides get picked on form..

It's pretty ridiculous there's so much debate over the 6 when the 7 has been playing like sh*t for years and yet seems to be an automatic selection

I can't believe what I've been reading over the last few pages. Mullen better than Campese? *Holds back laughter*.

I thought Mullen played quite well at the start of last season. But Campo has had 2 major purple patches in his career. Late 08 and late 2010.

Campese has played for Australia due to the way he dominated. They couldn't leave him out of the squad.

Mullen will never play for Australia.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think Pearce has been pretty good in his Origin games so far. He has certainly had some stinkers playing for the Roosters but he seems to step up in a Blues jersey.

His defence is awesome for a half and he has a pin point kicking game, he just needs a good running 5/8 as a foil.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Pearce put in a terrible clearing kick after NSW hit the front (thanks to Dugan) late in game 1 last year? Slater scored a couple mins later and QLD won. That kick pretty much lost NSW the series.

Someone

Bench
^ Yeah Ennis from dummy half.

IMO id like to see the side be as unchanged from last year as possbile. we didnt win the series but we werent to far off, remember the side queensland is. i think if we had 2 games in sydney this year we'd be favorites, i dont undestand the whole melb thing.

Queensland dont sack their players due to club form so neither should we. but one player id like to see included if halfs are to be replaced is maloney, i really like his style of play. we all know changing the teams every game doesnt help, let some combinations form.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Ennis is a f*cking moron. He also did something stupid in Game 3 (might have been another "clearing" kick?) and could have got us out of that raping we copped in the opening minutes. Plus that brain explosion in Game 3 2010 when we had QLD on the ropes in their own half and he lets them off the hook by being penalised for his niggly bullsh*t. They score off the back of the penalty and NSW submit to a series white wash. He has to go.

Big Pete

Referee
Pearce was pretty woeful in Game 3. Put NSW on the back foot from the start. Then again, I thought his performance in Game 2 was unappreciated.

Ennis was stupid to give away a penalty but people forget it was Snowden's error that put NSW onto the back foot.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I know NSW have picked some ordinary players over the past 5-6 years, but Ennis' selection just confuses the f**k out of me. What does he offer exactly? He can't kick, his service is nothing special and he's a useless, niggly grub as well. Just baffles me why we'd ever pick the f*ckwit

farmeister

Juniors
Ennis is a f*cking moron. He also did something stupid in Game 3 (might have been another "clearing" kick?) and could have got us out of that raping we copped in the opening minutes. Plus that brain explosion in Game 3 2010 when we had QLD on the ropes in their own half and he lets them off the hook by being penalised for his niggly bullsh*t. They score off the back of the penalty and NSW submit to a series white wash. He has to go.

And don't forget Game 2 last season. NSW was leading by 4 with about 10 minutes to go when Qld put up a bomb and Ennis was penalized for obstructing a player running through, giving the Maroons a set of 6 on the NSW line and an opportunity to win the game.

Thank God they dropped the ball a couple of tackles later.

People have forgotten about that incident because NSW got away with it and won that game. But that shouldn't let Ennis of the hook. After all his experience in Origin, it's unacceptable that he's still prone to give away stupid penalties at such critical points in the game.

Doga

Juniors
Pearce was pretty woeful in Game 3. Put NSW on the back foot from the start. Then again, I thought his performance in Game 2 was unappreciated.

Ennis was stupid to give away a penalty but people forget it was Snowden's error that put NSW onto the back foot.

It's convenient to blame Ennis though