What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Big Pete

Referee
I know NSW have picked some ordinary players over the past 5-6 years, but Ennis' selection just confuses the f**k out of me. What does he offer exactly? He can't kick, his service is nothing special and he's a useless, niggly grub as well. Just baffles me why we'd ever pick the f*ckwit

Incumbency and lack of better options.

He was selected on the back of two good years of form for the Broncos & Bulldogs and inbetween his debut to now no other hooker has emerged.

Arguably Farah deserved another crack or the selectors should have been more patient with him but he's hardly set the world on fire. Plus, he's essentially in the same mould as Ennis, skillful but not skillful enough to be as involved as they are.

If Buderus can build on his game against the Dogs then the selectors are going to have to bite the bullet.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Incumbency and lack of better options.

He was selected on the back of two good years of form for the Broncos & Bulldogs and inbetween his debut to now no other hooker has emerged.

Arguably Farah deserved another crack or the selectors should have been more patient with him but he's hardly set the world on fire. Plus, he's essentially in the same mould as Ennis, skillful but not skillful enough to be as involved as they are.

If Buderus can build on his game against the Dogs then the selectors are going to have to bite the bullet.

Yep, surely! We have no-one to trump Smith obviously, but at least Bedsy won't give away the brainless penalties, etc that d*ckhead Ennis does. He'll work his arse off all game and really does deserve another SOO series win.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think if Farah was given the same opportunity that Ennis has then he would be killing it by now. He actually offers something in attack.

Fordy20

Juniors
Never been a more overrated player.

That's a really poor attempt at trolling. I could easily rattle off five players who are vastly more overrated who've played in Origin matches after Farah's brief appearance.

If there's a problem with Ennis at hooker, then the solution is to do one of the following:

1. Replace him with another hooker around the same age, like De Gois or Farah
  2. Move a half to hooker, like Wallace or Pearce
  3. Do what NSW should have done in 06-07, put faith a younger hooker like Mitch Rein or Kayne Lawton, by putting them on the bench for a few years before giving them a shot at the starting role.
This whole business of bringing in Danny Buderus is the short of term think that's got NSW into the hole it's been in for the past seven series. This is assuming that there is a problem at hooker. The bigger issue is the lack of go forward in the prop department.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
How long has it been since Farah put in a dominant performance for the Tigers? A good few years imo. The attacking spark he had pre 09 hasn't been there as he's got older.

He's still a quality player for the Tigers, but I don't think he is necessarily the savior no.9 for NSW.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Buderus looked off the pace last time he played origin
im hesitant to play him given he's now some 2-3 years older. He's looked good at times and ordinary at others.
Much like the halves situation, the fact he's in the frame is a indictment on our hooking options. And much like the halves if he's to get the nod, he needs to put more runs on the board. He does possess leadership qualities which is an added bonus.

Farah would be my pick but i am mindful of the fact he's no sure thing. Ennis is clearly NOT the answer.

jbl31649

Juniors
That's a really poor attempt at trolling. I could easily rattle off five players who are vastly more overrated who've played in Origin matches after Farah's brief appearance.

If there's a problem with Ennis at hooker, then the solution is to do one of the following:

1. Replace him with another hooker around the same age, like De Gois or Farah
  2. Move a half to hooker, like Wallace or Pearce
  3. Do what NSW should have done in 06-07, put faith a younger hooker like Mitch Rein or Kayne Lawton, by putting them on the bench for a few years before giving them a shot at the starting role.
This whole business of bringing in Danny Buderus is the short of term think that's got NSW into the hole it's been in for the past seven series. This is assuming that there is a problem at hooker. The bigger issue is the lack of go forward in the prop department.

Thats my prefer option. Worked with Toovey and Joey, I can understand the Bedsy arguement and he looks fit and capable enough. It really is the best spot for Gidley (Assuming his injury doesn't keep him out, he'll be in the squad). Frees up the interchange for someone useful especially having Lewis in the side, we are cover for utility value.

Big Pete

Referee
Rep selectors haven't rated him so he's obviously not overrated.

Seems to get a free pass into the Aus. side.

Fordy20 said:

Not neccesarily referring to the nuffy selectors, more the members on here who genuinely rate him as one of the best players in the game.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah and played in all the big games.

Not neccesarily referring to the nuffy selectors, more the members on here who genuinely rate him as one of the best players in the game.

I've merely said that he is better than Ennis.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
You could add the ability of Farah and Ennis together and they would fall short of Smith. We just need someone in there who will do a job and supply good quality ball without f**king up. No brain snaps, no trying anything too fancy, just good quality service.

Ennis for mine just makes too many mistakes or does too many dumb things in a position where he is frankly ludicrously outclassed by the opposition player. He should be focusing on just good service but dumb kicks and stupid penalties he just throws out there like a big spaz.

Big Pete

Referee
Farah makes just as many bad decisions in big games.

Hell, he's been making bad decisions in regular games too lately.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yep I agree.

Its the problem with both of them. I would happily forgo a creative player for someone with excellent service and was willing to make a scoot every now and then if the markers get caught out. I am not sure if NSW has a hooker like that.

Big Pete

Referee
Could be because Ennis is actually playing hooker for NSW.

And Farah is a Kangaroo.

Pete Cash said:
Its the problem with both of them. I would happily forgo a creative player for someone with excellent service and was willing to make a scoot every now and then if the markers get caught out. I am not sure if NSW has a hooker like that.

Agreed. People went off their rocker when I suggested bringing in Ballin over Farah to cover for Smith but I still stand by it.