What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Walt Flanigan

Referee
lol I'm not sure where I've said that Farah's Australian selection was warranted.

All I've said is the he's better than Ennis and that his selection in the 3 games that he played off the bench for Australia in 2009/10 are largely irrelevant when comparing it to the consistent selection of Ennis for NSW the last 3 series.

Big Pete

Referee
lol I'm not sure where I've said that Farah's Australian selection was warranted.

All I've said is the he's better than Ennis and that his selection in the 3 games that he played off the bench for Australia in 2009/10 are largely irrelevant when comparing it to the consistent selection of Ennis for NSW the last 3 series.

You said rep. selectors don't rate him which is obviously wrong because he's been selected in the Kangaroos squad for the past 3 years.

And I disagree being selected for representative games isn't the only way to be rated as a player. Constant praise by the media + public is far more important. Hence, the public found players like Orford overrated even though Matty never played a game for NSW. Which is incredible in hindsight but at the time nobody was really complaining.

broncos70

Juniors
1. Dugan/Stewart
6. Campese
7. Carney
9. Hinchcliffe/Gidley

They're the players I fear most as a QLD supporter.

Hinchcliffe doesn't get looked at because he's got Smith in front of him at melbourne, but he's a really good hooker, and can play in the backrow too. He carved up in city/country last year when he had his one chance, and is really direct.

As much as NSW supporters hate Gidley, he has looked more dangerous from dummy half then all your hookers have in the past 4 yrs.

Buderus, Farah and Ennis don't pose a threat at all. A bit of bias, but I do wish Wallace played hooker as he looks dangerous when he goes there occasionally for the Broncs, and he's a fantastic defender.

Campese and Carney are the 2 most dangerous halves in NSW, and the same as Dugan/Stewart from fb.

Rod

Bench
Just on Stewart, I haven't seen anything from him this year demanding he be picked.

I never would have said this last year, but if Dugan isn't ready, I'd put Hayne at fullback and Morris on the wing (if Morris continues this form).

legend

Coach
I would go:

Dugan
Uate
Lawrence
Jennings
Morris
Campese
Pearce
Fensom
Watmough
Bird
Gallen
Ennis
Tolman

TLL
Stewart
Lewis
Merrin

Tommax25

Bench

All I've said is the he's better than Ennis
and that his selection in the 3 games that he played off the bench for Australia in 2009/10 are largely irrelevant when comparing it to the consistent selection of Ennis for NSW the last 3 series.

And thats something we can surely all agree on, unless you're Doggiesbro lol. Never have I seen a player so rewarded though the media and his origin selections for nothing more than being a niggler.

Tommax25

Bench
Just on Stewart, I haven't seen anything from him this year demanding he be picked.

I never would have said this last year, but if Dugan isn't ready, I'd put Hayne at fullback and Morris on the wing (if Morris continues this form).

But that form has been from the wing. If Morris isn't at fullback I wouldn't want him in the side.

Haffa

I've never really been much of a Soward fan but his form hardly warrants being dropped and nobody has stepped up to warrant being picked in his place.

Carney and Campo are both 4 games into their returns after missing most of last year and have been great in patches but hardly dominate.

Mullo has started the year ok, but again hardly warrants selection over Soward at this stage.

Ennis, Farah or Bedsy? Bedsy every time, reliable service from dummy half, great in defence but don't expect him to play 80 minutes.

broncos70

Juniors
Carney can't play 7. Doesn't work very well.

Where'd you get that information from? the more the guy touches the ball, the better he plays. He absolutely shredded the broncos either last yr or the yr before at halfback when pearce was ruled out. Made us look like 12 yr olds

jbl31649

Juniors
It's gotta be Carney/Maloney. Doesn't matter who plays where... make it work, but I will say Soward is keeping his head above water with his kicking. Thats not enough though and I feel my half choices are strong in defence have excellent kicking both long/short, High and low good passing and some good running.

Most important in attack is both can run and read defensive mistakes, then adjust to it.

# I know this pair wont happen and on here I'm sure I'll have my critics, but if we run Gids out of Hooker we could really roll QLD.

I don't just want to win this year, I wont the Blues to dominate SOO and redeem some respect. Ever that or win the fight.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Soward has been nothing good this year nor did he show enough form in Origin to keep his jersey

I like Carney/Maloney combo

Latest posts