What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

grouch

First Grade
Agreed, Lawrence has been terrible. Would struggle to make the City team. In fact I have Colin Best ahead of him for City's left centre jersey

hutch

First Grade
Lawrence is down on form and shouldn't get picked for origin, but to compare him to colin best is ridiculous! Best single handedly kept the cowboys in the game against the sharks, he has been terrible in a good cronulla team!

dragons__

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. B.Morris
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Buderus
10. Gallen
11. Scott
12. Bird
13. Lewis

14. Gidley
15. Mannah
16. TLL
17. Merrin

* not sure about positions 4 and 5. only two that are truly up for grabs imo

Hayne did a good enough job last year, but hes not a centre and it won't be long before QLD will start targeting him in defence. For mine the front runners are still 3. Jennings 4. Lawrence with J. Morris an outsider and Tahu a further outsider. Lawrence may not have the form right now but we were saying the same thing about Jennings last year and he turned in a blinder and totally outclassed Gasnier.

It has to be Fullback, which means the next coming weeks will be crucial for his selection and he will benefit from the fact Dugan is currently out injured but theres also Stewart who is also in strong contention. Hayne's attacking abilities will be pretty much wasted on the wing, he's a good finisher just like any good winger but he will have too few ball playing opportunities.

Yosh

Coach
I'll have a go:

1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Hayne
4. Tahu
5. McManus

6. Mullen
7. Soward

8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Weyman
11. Lewis
12. Scott (Soward needs some protection)
13. Gallen

14. Kidley
15. Merrin
16. Bird
17. TLL/Mannah

Raider_69

Post Whore
I'll have a go:

1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Hayne
4. Tahu
5. McManus

6. Mullen
7. Soward

8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Weyman
11. Lewis
12. Scott (Soward needs some protection)
13. Gallen

14. Kidley
15. Merrin
16. Bird
17. TLL/Mannah

hahah, funny guy

Tommy Smith

Referee
T-Rex won't have played for two months so can't be considered IMO.

1. Josh Dugan
2. Akuila Uate
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Brett Morris
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Danny Buderus
10. Kade Snowden
11. Luke Lewis
12. Mitchell Aubusson
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Trent Merrin
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahs
16. Tariq Sims
17. Kurt Gidley

Lewis, Aubusson, Stewart and Sims would be able to cause QLD all sorts of problems with their hole-runnings and creativity.

For me Aubusson is a must. Maybe it's because im a Roosters fan but he's the best hole-running backrower in the game. And he'd make the transition to rep football easily as well.

timka4

Bench
I don't think Snowden is ready enough to be thrown back into origin, been great for us at club, but he was average in his 2 appearances in origin before.