What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Pazza

First Grade
Stewart
Uate
Lawrence
Jennings
Hayne
Carney
Pearce
Gallen
Buderus
TLL
Bird
Scott
Watmough

Gidley
Mannah
Lewis
Stewart

eels_fan

First Grade
IMO if Hayne is not at FB then he may as well not be there

He is limited to a receivers role if chucked out on the wing, and whilst he could ably fill in at centre - he hasnt played in that position in any form of the game for years.

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Scott - marking GI
5. B Morris - i dont want to pick this guy as he never stands up in Rep games but no other options
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen (c)
9. Gidley
10. Mannah
11. G Stewart
12. Bird
13. Lewis

14. T Williams
15. TLL
16. Watmough
17. T Sims

Joker's Wild

Coach
IMO if Hayne is not at FB then he may as well not be there

He is limited to a receivers role if chucked out on the wing, and whilst he could ably fill in at centre - he hasnt played in that position in any form of the game for years.

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Scott - marking GI
5. B Morris - i dont want to pick this guy as he never stands up in Rep games but no other options
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen (c)
9. Gidley
10. Mannah
11. G Stewart
12. Bird
13. Lewis

14. T Williams
15. TLL
16. Watmough
17. T Sims

Played there in game 3 last year and was bloody good imo

Oh and lol at playing Scott at centre again. Id like to think that lesson has been learnt

Hutty1986

Immortal
Played there in game 3 last year and was bloody good imo

Oh and lol at playing Scott at centre again. Id like to think that lesson has been learnt

Scott is an absolutely woeful centre, it pisses me off that he has played there so much for saints.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Hayne did a good enough job last year, but hes not a centre and it won't be long before QLD will start targeting him in defence.

They really will. He really hasn't had enough time in the position to be up to speed on the technicalities in defence at centre. It really is a difficult position to defend.

It has to be Fullback, which means the next coming weeks will be crucial for his selection and he will benefit from the fact Dugan is currently out injured but theres also Stewart who is also in strong contention. Hayne's attacking abilities will be pretty much wasted on the wing, he's a good finisher just like any good winger but he will have too few ball playing opportunities.

Hayne is great in attack from the wing in Origin. His abilities won't be wasted there. Stewart is the form fullback and should be there. At the moment, unless Stewarts form drops, the only argument that can be made with Hayne at full back is that the team is lacking in creativity from the halves.

While its good to see Tariq Simms come back from injury just in time for origin, it will be a bad idea if you think to throw him in Game One. Guy just recovered from a broken leg and needs at least 2 months of solid football before he can be a strong contender. If he quickly recovers his form then Game 2 might be a good chance for him

Mr Fourex

Bench
NSW side thread: 79 pages.. Qld side thread: 4 pages. merkins!

weeeeee.jpg

My god you're pathetic...........:roll:

redvscotty

First Grade
1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Soward
8. Weyman
9. Ennis (Has Buderus shown he's still up to it?)
10. Mannah
11. G Stewart
12. Bird
13. Gallen (c)

14. Lewis
15. Merrin
16. Watmough
17. T Sims

caylo

Bench
I haven't watched a whole lot of footy this year to date but why is everyone of Lawrence, while his side is struggling and that has effected him he has talent and is more likely to cause QLD problems then Morris or Scott. I would actually go with:

1. Hayne/Stewart (depend on the next few weeks)
2. B.Morris (not as quick as his brother but bigger and a better defender) or Hayne/Stewart if they prefer that option
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce/Mullens (next few weeks will decide)
8. Mannah
9. Farah (just back from injury and hope he stands up)
10. Snowden
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Gallen

14. Bird
15. T.Williams (suspension??) if not G.Stewart
16. T.Sims
17. TLL

other bolters Tamou, Merrin or Hunt.

grouch

First Grade
I haven't watched a whole lot of footy this year to date but why is everyone of Lawrence,
Might be an idea to start watching before making comment. He has been awful, and the only team he has caused problems for is the Tigers

Lawrence's form hasn't been flash so far this year, but his talent did show in the 4nations last year and because of this he has already proven himself at rep level.

Latest posts