What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Brett Stewart or Josh Dugan (whoever's fit)
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney or Jamie Soward (whoever's in best form around R10)
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Paul Gallen
11. Luke Lewis
12. Ben Creagh
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Anthony Watmough
15. Tariq Sims
16. Trent Merrin
17. Kurt Gidley

Joker's Wild

Coach
CM this morning is reporting that Stuart has his eye on Wallace for the halfback spot

I think he is tolling us with the talk of King really. The guy is a shadow of his former self

chrisD

Coach
No Wallace, no Tamou, Carney locked.

I remember when Stuart didn't want Lockyer because he already had a fullback. Guy knows his fullbacks.

hellteam

First Grade
Surely you won't pick Wallace. Surely.

Last time I check the NSW team needed some attack. Wallace doesn't provide much of that at all.

NSW have tried to grind out victories against Qld before (Scott in the centres comes to mind) - it doesn't work vs Slater Thurston Inglis and co.

NSW need to pick Dugan (even on the wing), Jennings, Hayne, Carney... the most attacking players they can.

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
Wallace was pretty great when Lockyer was injured for the start of 2008 also. Which is how he got into Origin in the first place.

If NSW weren't happy with him then, I don't think they will be now either.

He is better than Pearce though.

Big Pete

Referee
Wallace should never be considered as a starting half ever again. Maybe he'd be decent off the bench, but I can't see him getting a spot before Kidley.

Although it'd be hilarious to see the selectors fool themselves when Wallace plays a stormer in that micky mouse City/Country game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im not sure on Wallace as #7, he's in decentish form but still not sold on it yet

as ive said for the past 2 years, if he's fit, healthy and not suspended for on or off field issues, Carney is the states best half, he should be one of the first picked.

hellteam

First Grade
1. Stewart
2. Dugan
3. Jennings (left)
4. Hayne
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce

Lawrence has done absolutely nothing to show he should get an Origin jersey this year, if anything he has completely played himself out of it.

Jennings is a natural left centre and should be picked there. Played well in an Origin game last year and has always troubled Hodges. Hayne was dangerous last year at centre and he is a player you HAVE to pick in your team at Origin time.

Dugan might be the most controversial selection there, but good players need to play. You see Boyd play wing easily in Origin despite playing fullback for his club - I have no doubt that Dugan can also handle it. If he's not injured, he also needs to be in the team. Morris would be an adequate replacement though.

Stewart has always performed well in Origin and big games and although he is a jerk, he probably deserved to be picked.

Carney and Pearce got the Roosters to the gf with an otherwise pretty average team. They will go well with Jennings Hayne and co.

Last edited:

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Wallace at hooker or not at all. He plays better at hooker than halfback oddly enough. If Carney is coming in, I want that combination with Pearce to remain.

I wouldn't pick Woods just yet. Give him two - three seasons in City Country first, have him with the NSW squad over that time, hopefully get him playing some regular finals football, then reassess.

goosie

Juniors
If you have actually been watching the games this year then Josh Morris should be the first centre picked with his brother outside him.

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Uate

Hayne is wasted on the wing. He is not just a finisher but also a very good ball player.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
1. Stewart
2. Dugan
3. Jennings (left)
4. Hayne
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce

Lawrence has done absolutely nothing to show he should get an Origin jersey this year, if anything he has completely played himself out of it.

Jennings is a natural left centre and should be picked there. Played well in an Origin game last year and has always troubled Hodges. Hayne was dangerous last year at centre and he is a player you HAVE to pick in your team at Origin time.

Dugan might be the most controversial selection there, but good players need to play. You see Boyd play wing easily in Origin despite playing fullback for his club - I have no doubt that Dugan can also handle it. If he's not injured, he also needs to be in the team. Morris would be an adequate replacement though.

Stewart has always performed well in Origin and big games and although he is a jerk, he probably deserved to be picked.

Carney and Pearce got the Roosters to the gf with an otherwise pretty average team. They will go well with Jennings Hayne and co.

That's why Lawrence needs to be picked. He's out of touch now but he's good enough for Origin.

typicalfan

Coach
Lawrence needs to earn his spot, he was pretty average in the four nations as well. Josh Morris could be putting some heat on him. He has got a good coach now and has been lethal.

Wallace or Pearce is much of a muchness. What is flash about Pearce? not much. Simply for the reason of putting pressure on Pearce and making him work for his spot would be the reason for Wallace and he has experience with a dominant 6 along side him. Bedsy is probably going to be picked at 9 for NSW in fact injury permitting I think he will be picked.

Raider_69

Post Whore
He's been consistantly bathed for the past month
including Hodges carving him up at will friday night. Im a big fan og Lawrence but he needs to put some runs on board before he's a consideration.

Josh Morris and Jennings are probably my pick based on 2012 form