What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Joker's Wild

Coach
No mate, I take what Gus says with a grain of salt but its clear as day that Jarrod is playing injured and needs to get it right, either by resting it or getting surgery, otherwise he runs the risk of it getting worse

EelDredd

Juniors
Yeah I agree that he needs rest also. I don't think Kearney will let him though since he is the Eels only hope this year.

Goldthorpe

Bench
On a mixture on who I think Stuart will pick and who I think deserves to get picked - I have come up with the following:

01. Anthony Minichiello or Jarryd Hayne* [depending on Haynes fitness]
02. Brett Morris
03. Michael Jennings
04. Josh Morris
05. Akulia Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Paul Gallen
09. Robbie Farah or Danny Buderus*
10. James Tamou
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Trent Merrin
16. Kade Snowden
17. Keith Galloway or Aiden Tolman*

*I'd prefer
Red - certainties

Last edited:

jbl31649

Juniors
Hayne does not need surgery. He said it himself on his twitter. You fools actually believe Gould?

Sorry mate, I thought all that tape around his leg was there to protect it from getting worse. Plus all that hobbling during the match had me thinking about it.

Didn't known he just enjoys wearing that stuff and dragging his leg like some hip hop Moffo Gangster.

He wants to play SOO, so of course his going to deny a serious sporting and injury.

firechild

First Grade
3 props on the bench? You have to be kidding. They'll probably go with someone like T-Rex, Stewart or Scott on the bench. 2nd row is where NSW is strongest, they're not going to go in with no 2nd rowers on the bench.

RABK

Referee
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney (GK)
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (C)
9. Danny Buderus
10. Kade Snowden
11. Greg Bird
12. Luke Lewis
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Tony Williams
17. Trent Merrin

That's what i think stuart will go for and i don't mind that side.

RABK

Referee
I wouldn't mind Wallace at all - he's been rock solid in defence and very smart in attack. His form deserves a call up. He is also a goal kicker.

Soward kicked at about 75% last year quickly looking through last years stats.

RABK

Referee
Soward kicked 9 from 11 mate. Roughly 81%

Ok, but if Hutty would remove Sowards dick from his mouth and not respond to the warning sirens he has set up on his computer when someone names someone other than Soward at 6 he might come to realise that even if Carney kicked half as many goals as Soward he'd set up three times as many tries as Soward at his best.

Soward started the season well and i thought he deserved to retain but he's been awful the last couple of weeks and needs to lift to hold out Carney.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I wouldn't mind Wallace at all - he's been rock solid in defence and very smart in attack. His form deserves a call up. He is also a goal kicker.

Soward kicked at about 75% last year quickly looking through last years stats.

You didn't listen to Cronin enough, Jimmithy!

RABK

Referee
What stats are you looking at mate?

Game 1 2011 - 2/2
Game 2 2011 - 3/4
Game 3 2011 - 4/5

Thast 9/11

I flicked through nrlstats and didn't bother to do the maths, i didn't look at penalty goals as they are generally 20out, straight in front.

Would you kindly now piss off been so anal about the smallest things.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ok, but if Hutty would remove Sowards dick from his mouth and not respond to the warning sirens he has set up on his computer when someone names someone other than Soward at 6 he might come to realise that even if Carney kicked half as many goals as Soward he'd set up three times as many tries as Soward at his best.

Soward started the season well and i thought he deserved to retain but he's been awful the last couple of weeks and needs to lift to hold out Carney.

:lol: Coming from the bloke with the intense Mullen crush. When did I say Soward didn't need to lift? He was outplayed last weekend but has been largely one of our best all year. Carney has lifted a side that's struggled to score points for a decade and has the Telegraph calling him a messiah every time he throws a pass. See how Soward bounces back this weekend, he'll lift big time.

Whoever wins the race to the 6 jersey should be pairing with Wallace, but the inexplicable Pearce love-in will continue from Stuart

RABK

Referee
lol well it was your argument that Soward was only kicking at 60%

It wasn't an arugment. I put a question mark after it.

I then went and checked the try conversions and saw 7/9 which i knew was roughly 75-77% so i corrected myself in a response to wallace at the same time you corrected me.

Understand? Good.