What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I thought Soward deserved the 6, given that he's been pretty good this year and is the incumbent. But from seeing the rise of Carney and the sudden drop of form from Soward in the last few weeks, I'm not so sure now.

Carney is probably the x factor 5/8 NSW need and will ensure the backs get good ball. I'd say he will definitely be the NSW 5/8 with another strong performance.

I think NSW need a good defensive halfback that can do the organising. Pearce, Mullen and Maloney are all good options. I reckon Pearce is the perfect partner for Carney because they have played great together for the Roosters. Going back to Wallace would be a terrible decision. He's a poor mans Pearce IMO.

betcats

Referee
:lol: Coming from the bloke with the intense Mullen crush. When did I say Soward didn't need to lift? He was outplayed last weekend but has been largely one of our best all year. Carney has lifted a side that's struggled to score points for a decade and has the Telegraph calling him a messiah every time he throws a pass. See how Soward bounces back this weekend, he'll lift big time.

Whoever wins the race to the 6 jersey should be pairing with Wallace, but the inexplicable Pearce love-in will continue from Stuart

Exactly, id pick him for that fact alone, that and Carneys clear win over Soward. Its not decided yet but Carney is looking more and more like the clear favourite every week. Soward needs to lift a lot to get ahead of Carney imo, like he needs one or two of his absolute best games to be shot.

Agree 100 percent about Wallace, he has easily been the most impressive halfback available for NSW this season so far.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It wasn't an arugment. I put a question mark after it.

I then went and checked the try conversions and saw 7/9 which i knew was roughly 75-77% so i corrected myself in a response to wallace at the same time you corrected me.

Understand? Good.

lol ok mate, it was a maths error

Pardon the interuption

Joker's Wild

Coach
I really dont see much difference between Wallace and Pearce tbh. Neither are flash and have solid defencive games.

I guess Wallace is looking better due to the stronger team around him

RABK

Referee
Pearce has the combination with Carney and that's what i think will get him the gig ahead of Wallace's form.

6. Carney
7. Pearce

The only thing i think would change that is if Mullen, Wallace or Soward have absolute blinders in city vs country and set up 5 tries or something.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Yeah, they're both traditional number 7s that need an attacking 5/8 like Carney as their partner. I certainly don't want a partnership of Pearce/Wallace because that would fail badly.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Exactly, id pick him for that fact alone, that and Carneys clear win over Soward. Its not decided yet but Carney is looking more and more like the clear favourite every week. Soward needs to lift a lot to get ahead of Carney imo, like he needs one or two of his absolute best games to be shot.

Agree 100 percent about Wallace, he has easily been the most impressive halfback available for NSW this season so far.

Unfortunately Sowie's probably missed the boat now, he had plenty of possession to be able to get one over Carney but failed miserably. He'll need a similar game to the one he produced v Parra before SOOI last year to make CvC, let alone the Blues side.

RABK

Referee
Just rewatching Origin highlights from last year, damn shame we lost Hopoate. Hope he comes back the same player, kid is damn good. Hope Parra doesn't kill his career.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Just rewatching Origin highlights from last year, damn shame we lost Hopoate. Hope he comes back the same player, kid is damn good. Hope Parra doesn't kill his career.

Wolfman must be in contention this year. Pretty similar player to William Hopoate.

Hooch

Juniors
What exactly is wrong with Hayne's knee? Or is he just being a soft c**k as usual and moping about.

He's the sort of bloke who'd cop a knock to the head and start limping on the other leg.

Goldthorpe

Bench
3 props on the bench? You have to be kidding. They'll probably go with someone like T-Rex, Stewart or Scott on the bench. 2nd row is where NSW is strongest, they're not going to go in with no 2nd rowers on the bench.
It's quite simple - technically Gallen can go into the back row. Glenn Stewart will have missed a fair bit of time with his finger injury won't be back until probably Round 08*. then he will have only about 3 games to prove himself. Tony Williams is suspended until Round 10* giving him only 1 game to prove himself. Beau Scott isn't in State of Origin form at the moment - I wouldn't select him.

*Hopefully those figures are right I was only going off the top of my head.

Raider_69

Post Whore

agreed
Dugan/Stewart, Hayne, Jennings, Hoppa, Uate is a fantastic looking backline
with dugan injured and stewart not going super well and no hoppa, we have two spots to fill and no one that reall fills me with confidence

Best possible backline right now:
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate

BTW the incumbent backline SOO 3:
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Brett Morris
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Akuila Uate

Bretto

Bench
As a QLD supporter, I would rather NSW pick Carney/Pearce. I don't think Carney has much to offer at SOO level, and Pearce goes missing in the big games. I'd prefer they didn't pick Wallace as I think his organisation of the Broncos this season, combined with his kicking game, has been excellent. With Wallace there to organise and steer the team around, it would free Carney up to run the ball a bit more and get early ball to Jennings and co.

Carney/Pearce will get rolled over out wide by Thaiday, Gillet, Taylor and co.

hellteam

First Grade
Have you guys noticed that the only people saying that Wallace shouldn't be picked are Broncos fans? We watch him every week, and he only looks alright because he is in a good team at the moment. You need someone that can set up tries