What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

D

Deleted member 10972

1. B Stewart/Dugan
2. Hayne/B Morris
3. Lawrence/J Morris
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Soward/Mullen/Carney/Maloney
7. Wallace/Pearce
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Farah/Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Scott
13. G Stewart

14. Gidley
15. Watmough
16. Williams/Sims
17. Mannah/Grant/Merrin/whatever other props are in contention

chrisD

Coach
There could be no comparison between Bird and Scott in origin. Bird should be a certainty like Gallen and Hayne simply based on services rendered.

D

Deleted member 10972

1. B Stewart/Dugan
2. Hayne/B Morris
3. Lawrence/J Morris
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Soward/Mullen/Carney/Maloney
7. Wallace/Pearce
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Farah/Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. G Stewart

14. Gidley
15. Scott/Watmough
16. Williams/Sims
17. Mannah/Grant/Merrin/whatever other props are in contention

Hutty1986

Immortal
Jennings 3 weeks, T-Rex won't be risked either. Potentially some key guys missing from the Blues, Gus' football gods smiling on Qld yet again

League_God

Juniors
If Mullen outplays Soward tonight with a solid performance he'll go on to take out the number 6 jersey. You heard it here first ladies

betcats

Referee
3 weeks means he will be back before the teams are selected wouldnt it?

Im doubtful of the three weeks, its a pec injury which is usually a quite long recovery and for some reason Penrith Players usually are out for longer then the club says they will be, fingers crossed though, he was in some good form.

lockyno1

Post Whore
If Mullen outplays Soward tonight with a solid performance he'll go on to take out the number 6 jersey. You heard it here first ladies

Jarrod Mullen Installment MKII....chokes again, just like last year...that was diabolical! He ran less than Soward FFS!:lol:

League_God

Juniors
average game Mullen. I think it'll be Carney or Soward with Pearce in the 7.

My god we need halves. It deeply saddens me that the best halfback NSW can come up with is Mitchell Pearce.

Morris is in excellent form. Always been a critic of him especially at rep level, this year however, both the Morris boys deserve to be there.

Rod

Bench
Just because the team loses doesn't mean Mullen played terrible. He was ok in a side that played terrible. Didn't exactly get a lot of oppurtunities to excel last night.

I can't see how last night was a victory for Soward Origin-wise bar the fact his team won the game. He did basically nothing and in fact came up with a couple of terrible plays himself.

In truth last night probably showed what most already think. Neither should be there.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Just because the team loses doesn't mean Mullen played terrible. He was ok in a side that played terrible. Didn't exactly get a lot of oppurtunities to excel last night.

I can't see how last night was a victory for Soward Origin-wise bar the fact his team won the game. He did basically nothing and in fact came up with a couple of terrible plays himself.

In truth last night probably showed what most already think. Neither should be there.

this. are some people really dense enough to think Dragons won, therefore Soward outplayed Mullen? Oh wait, it's lockyno1.

neither of them added much last night, both with a few brain snaps. one should have resulted in a penalty 5m out from the goal line but what can you do.

gronkathon

First Grade
Bedsy looked really slow last night.

I would assume he still has another gear for origin if selected because the last few weeks his game has been really down

gronkathon

First Grade
I think this year it wouldn't be bad for Buderus to play or at the very least be an integral part of the camp.

He and the players of the last dominant period of NSW failed in their duties to nurture replacements and up and comers through the system as they were fighting for their jobs, there was an opportunity for the Buderus's Hindmarsh's and so on to really help foster a culture and bring players through but this never happened and NSW Origin became more about being able to have a drink and a stoy off field than anything that occured on it.

RABK

Referee
Bedsy down? He has been in the Knights best 3 players every single week since round 1. Our forum has voted him as such. He's made about 350 tackles and missed about 15.

He's going fine.

As for Mullen - Trainer told him he had to come off after the steve price dive by Ben 'dog' Hunt badly corked his thigh in the 3rd minute. Still turned Morris around all night with his kicking game, set up a try and defended well.

Playing behind a severely beaten forward pack yet played just as well as soward.

As usual but it's just sink the boots into the knights best players after they lose because they are in Origin contention.

I'll cop Snowden was ordinary, i'll cop Boyd was ordinary. But to say Mullen and Bedsy were anything but good in a well beaten side last night is just knights haters been haters.

gronkathon

First Grade
I am not doubting his defence.

I am doubting what he provides out of dummy half. Maybe it is the Knights still adjusting to Bennettball along with transitioning between two very different hookers.

I am a fan of the guys work in some rounds this year but having watched all of his games this season I felt the last two have been pretty poor, the fact that the rest of the team has been worse doe not mean ranking in the top 3 fan votes means much.

I hope they select him for Origin, I also hope the select a hooker on the bench to learn about Origin football from one of the best in recent memory. Instead we will end up with a back row utility in Hinchcliffe or worse still Gidley

Latest posts