What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Hutty1986

Immortal
Bedsy down? He has been in the Knights best 3 players every single week since round 1. Our forum has voted him as such. He's made about 350 tackles and missed about 15.

He's going fine.

As for Mullen - Trainer told him he had to come off after the steve price dive by Ben 'dog' Hunt badly corked his thigh in the 3rd minute. Still turned Morris around all night with his kicking game, set up a try and defended well.

Playing behind a severely beaten forward pack yet played just as well as soward.

As usual but it's just sink the boots into the knights best players after they lose because they are in Origin contention.

I'll cop Snowden was ordinary, i'll cop Boyd was ordinary. But to say Mullen and Bedsy were anything but good in a well beaten side last night is just knights haters been haters.

Dan Hunt you mean jimmy?

RABK

Referee
He's doing the 'Origin plays' that Gould always mentions. Diving on a loose ball with desperation, one on one tackling rampaging forwards, when a slater/soward/hayne is dancing or crabbing across the line he is the one who stops the madness and just tackles the god damn ball carrier.

He even got a repeat set last night with a very nice kick, something you rarely see him even attempt.

Yes Hutty, i meant Dan. Was a dog act and should've been a penalty.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Honchcliffe would be starting hooker at any other club. Id be surprised if he is still at the Storm come his next contract.

chrisD

Coach
Should be hoping for Gidley at hooker, he's going to be picked and play minutes somewhere, better at hooker where we have no real talent anyway.

I got a feeling there's a chance if Stuart's BFF Dugan isn't available he might play Gidley at FB.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Should be hoping for Gidley at hooker, he's going to be picked and play minutes somewhere, better at hooker where we have no real talent anyway.

I got a feeling there's a chance if Stuart's BFF Dugan isn't available he might play Gidley at FB.

Gotta agree in some ways.

Farah is our best talent but in horrific form. Ennis is just shite. Buderus past it and never could compete with Cam Smith anyway.

May as well roll the dice and put Kidley there. This is shaping up as a bigger headache than picking our halfback. Kidley at fullback would suck monster balls though. Dugan, Hayne or B Stewart must be in front of him in the pecking order for sure.

Greg Bird also put his hand up big time tonight, and like was said previously he has never let us down.

timka4

Bench
Tamou was great again tonight. I didn't think he would get selected for the blues this year. But he is strongly putting in a claim, an aggressive prop as well which is exactly what we need. We all of a sudden seem much richer in props this year compared to last.

Halves, hooker and potentially fullback still a worry though...

Team I think Sticky will go with

1. Dugan / Hayne / B Stewart
2. Hayne / B Morris
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings / Hayne
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Ennis
10. Gallen (c)
11. Creagh
12. Scott
13. Bird

14. Lewis
15. Watmough
16. Kidley
17. Tamou

Last edited:

jbl31649

Juniors
With CvC and the Test held on a stand alone weekend and no club footy. Is this a good time for Ricky to get the remain NSW players together for a bit of training and bonding.

Or is this just a dumb idea made out of a serious hanger and the fact my club team got beat by the Tits.

Anyone no any players that could be potential Blues or have played and are now past their prime not doing anything on this weekend?

Last edited:

joseph1

Juniors
How can Dugan be in the mix as of right now? He's been out for a few key weeks. Hayne at fb, Carney at 6, Pearce at 7, Buderus at 9, Gidley on the bench. Pity Michael Gordon isn't going to be around this year. If Carney or Pearce fall down for games 2/3 James Maloney should come in.

Ladmate

Bench
I don't see why Farah shouldn't be picked. He can do the Buderus/Ennis role (eg just passing the ball and tackling) if you want him to plus he can do so much more.

Fordy20

Juniors
I don't see why Farah shouldn't be picked. He can do the Buderus/Ennis role (eg just passing the ball and tackling) if you want him to plus he can do so much more.

If he wasn't good enough in 2007 and every year after that, he's not good enough now.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Lawrence doesn't deserve to be picked at all, he's been dreadful this year. Lucky to even be in the City team, he has been picked on reputation only.

His form pre-injury demanded he be picked, then the one time he stays fit around Origin he is playing like a busted. Shame.

Panfas

Juniors
NSW team based solely on Aus and CvC selections:

1. J Hayne
2. B Ferguson
3. J Morris
4. C Lawrence
5. A Uate
6. T Carney
7. M Pearce
8. P Gallen (c)
9. D Buderus
10. D Shillington
11. B Creagh
12. G Bird
13. L Lewis
14. J Tamau
15. F Mateo
16. L Douglas
17. T Mannah

Pazza

First Grade
Shillington is a gimp and i cant wait for him to get nailed by the nsw pack!

Last edited: