What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Big Pete

Referee
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt King
4. Timana Tahu
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Brent Kite
9. Danny Buderus
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dean Young

14. Kurt Gidley (c)
15. Jason King
16. Justin Poore
17. Anthony Tupou

All have experience, would be pretty difficult to stop.

perverse

Referee
I don't get this, I've seen a few Knights games this year and he looks slow, ineffective and still prone to brain snaps and acts of stupidity.
hasn't really had a brain snap since round 1 - unless you call playing aggressively having a brain snap. he is playing good footy. he is definitely short of a step with his pace, that much is true. he probably shouldn't be picked, but is playing much better footy than a lot of players who are going to come a lot closer to getting a run.

as i tried to point out in the NRL section last week, anyone saying that he can't play, or is worse than Ayshford (or even Lawrence at this stage), simply hasn't been watching football this year, full stop.

Mr Saab

Referee
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt King
4. Timana Tahu
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Brent Kite
9. Danny Buderus
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dean Young

14. Kurt Gidley (c)
15. Jason King
16. Justin Poore
17. Anthony Tupou

All have experience, would be pretty difficult to stop.

Needs more Steve Turner

perverse

Referee
Tahu!? FFS.

Next Knights fans will be calling for Cuthbertson to play Origin.
oh yeah, your centres are much more deserving. lol.

when was the last time a NSW team that was predominantly made of Tigers won a series? i can name a few that Newcastle has brought home. hell, our glory period was fueled by Newcastle. you jelly?

abpanther

Staff member
I don't know why people get so defensive about their team's players and start attacking other poster's teams.

Picking Tahu would be a step backwards in terms of building towards the future and despite the dearth of quality centre options I don't think his form warrants consideration.

Just my two cents...

perverse

Referee
good to see Farah showing his nuffy colours the past 12 months, too. have i stirred the pot enough yet?

perverse

Referee
I don't know why people get so defensive about their team's players and start attacking other poster's teams.

Picking Tahu would be a step backwards in terms of building towards the future and despite the dearth of quality centre options I don't think his form warrants consideration.

Just my two cents...
oh yeah, building for the future has worked great the past 6 years. the only thing to come out of it is the seemingly concrete incumbency of Mitchell f**king Pearce! lol!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
oh yeah, your centres are much more deserving. lol.

when was the last time a NSW team that was predominantly made of Tigers won a series? i can name a few that Newcastle has brought home. hell, our glory period was fueled by Newcastle. you jelly?

FFS, please point out to me where I said our centres are more deserving? FWIW I don't think Lawrence should be picked in current form. He clearly hasn't been the same player post-injury.

But if you are seriously advocating that NSW pick Timana Tahu...:lol:

perverse

Referee
FFS, please point out to me where I said our centres are more deserving? FWIW I don't think Lawrence should be picked in current form. He clearly hasn't been the same player post-injury.

But if you are seriously advocating that NSW pick Timana Tahu...:lol:
one person, a bloke currently living in China, suggested Tahu. if you actually read my posts, i said he probably shouldn't be picked but is playing better footy than those who will go closer to the jersey.

so clearly i'm not advocating his selection, just that his football is good at the moment. does that clear things up for you?

abpanther

Staff member
god... tell me about it...

so do you agree with me, flawed policy? pick the best team available, full stop for mine. in years past i've been somewhat pro-future building... but it's simply not working.

I agree you pick the best team available, however if I have two players that are equal or there abouts then I'm probably going with the younger guy to build some sort of foundation in the future.

Regardless, I don't think Tahu deserves to be in the discussion, to me he looks like an average first grader at best who is way past his prime.

perverse

Referee
I agree you pick the best team available, however if I have two players that are equal or there abouts then I'm probably going with the younger guy to build some sort of foundation in the future.

Regardless, I don't think Tahu deserves to be in the discussion, to me he looks like an average first grader at best who is way past his prime.
Tahu was an above average first grader by anyones standards, he's a dual international ffs, but yes way way way past his prime. his football is above average at the moment, though. he is the form centre at the Knights. stats won't show it, but he is.

abpanther

Staff member
Tahu was an above average first grader by anyones standards, he's a dual international ffs, but yes way way way past his prime.

Of course he was, I'm just talking about right now.

Problem is he enters the discussion because the options are just so bleak.

To me it has to be Jennings and Morris, they are the two in form and have played well in the SOO arena in the past.

perverse

Referee
Of course he was, I'm just talking about right now.

Problem is he enters the discussion because the options are just so bleak.

To me it has to be Jennings and Morris, they are the two in form and have played well in the SOO arena in the past.
yeah, i don't think he really enters discussion in any serious way. maybe if they wanted to go the defensive strategy he would get a more serious look. Jennings and Morris are well out ahead for sure. they'd be my centres.

Latest posts