What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Dutchy

Immortal
Hayne (Stewart/Dugan if no Jennings)
Morris
Jennings (Hayne if injured)
Lawrence
Uate
Carney
Pearce
Gallen
Buderus
Mannah
Watmough
Lewis
Bird

Tamou
Williams
Merrin/Douglas
Gidley

mxlegend99

Referee
Hoping to see something like:

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Danny Buderus
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke Lewis (vc)

Bench from: Tim Mannah, Trent Merrin, Tony Williams, Tariq Sims, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Luke Douglas

The starting side I am pretty happy with. If Brett Stewart was fit and looking in good form I would have him at fullback and move Hayne to the left wing in place of Blake Ferguson. But otherwise IMO all those blokes have picked themselves through either current form or previous form for NSW.

The bench is a lot harder. IMO there aren't many standouts, but there's a lot of promising players and it's a matter of who you can count on to deliver. I don't feel comfortable with any of them... except for Tony Williams if he can prove he is fit enough to play. But after 9 weeks on the sidelines that's a big gamble.

RABK

Referee
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Danny Buderus
10. James Tamou
11. Luke Lewis
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tony Williams
16. Tariq Sims
17. Aaron Woods

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Some thoughts.

Morris brothers reminding us they belong nowhere near rep footy. They just turn to shit regardless of their club form.

There was no class on display at fullback today - that is why i think Stewart only needs to prove his fitness over the next couple of weeks to be our fullback.

Hayne experiment was a complete failure but instead of hating on him pick him at wing where he is able to be a game breaker as proven before.

Jennings is so far ahead of all four centres on display today - if he's fit he is first picked centre. The other spot - who knows? This is probably going to be our biggest problem and i just think Lawrence has enough class to be our best against Inglis.

Carney and Pearce both showed a lot today and kept themselves busy - they are our halves.

I though Woods was easily the most impressive prop today - seemed to be the only one consistently bending the line and using footwork to beat players and has a great offload. I thought Merrin was next best at least using some footwork to further his yardage.

All the others in contention - Weyman, Mannah, Douglas, TLL just hit the advantage line and got halted then put on their backs 90% of the time. No footwork, just one out stuff and QLD will eat that shit up. Watmough can give us more in a 20 minute stint at prop than any of those guys can. NSW props stocks are shit.

Bird ran so strongly and should be picked. Tariq earnt his bench jumper - monster.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Some thoughts.

Morris brothers reminding us they belong nowhere near rep footy. They just turn to shit regardless of their club form.

There was no class on display at fullback today - that is why i think Stewart only needs to prove his fitness over the next couple of weeks to be our fullback.

Hayne experiment was a complete failure but instead of hating on him pick him at wing where he is able to be a game breaker as proven before.

Jennings is so far ahead of all four centres on display today - if he's fit he is first picked centre. The other spot - who knows? This is probably going to be our biggest problem and i just think Lawrence has enough class to be our best against Inglis.

Carney and Pearce both showed a lot today and kept themselves busy - they are our halves.

I though Woods was easily the most impressive prop today - seemed to be the only one consistently bending the line and using footwork to beat players and has a great offload. I thought Merrin was next best at least using some footwork to further his yardage.

All the others in contention - Weyman, Mannah, Douglas, TLL just hit the advantage line and got halted then put on their backs 90% of the time. No footwork, just one out stuff and QLD will eat that shit up. Watmough can give us more in a 20 minute stint at prop than any of those guys can. NSW props stocks are shit.

Bird ran so strongly and should be picked. Tariq earnt his bench jumper - monster.

I agree with all of this. Hopefully they don't get picked. I'm hopeful we see:
1) Dugs/Stewart
2) Hayne
3) Jennings
4) Lawrence
5) Uate

RABK

Referee
Talk of Hinchcliffe and farah is a moot point.

Buderus will start and Gidley will be Utility. Stuarts made this obvious.

However, Farah was class today and if i was selecting the team i'd be using him on the bench for the middle 40 of the game to open it up when Williams and Sims go on.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
After today:

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Buderus
10. Mannah
11. Scott
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Merrin
15. Tamou
16. TLL
17. Gidley

18. Douglas

I've tried to keep it as close to last years side as possible. We were that close last year, and a bit of a loyalty might just get us over the edge. Carney and Hayne in at 1 and 6. That will make a massive difference to our attack.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Selections aren't always based on performance. Farah, Woods, Sims, Pearce and Carney all did enough today to be in the SOO.

God-King Dean

Immortal
1. Stewart/Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Uate

6. Carney
7. Pearce

8. Gallen
9. (honestly don't care)
10. Weyman
11. Bird
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

14. Galloway
15. TLL
16. Wiiliams
17. Hinchcliffe

RABK

Referee
Oh And Ben Creagh - did he play? Oh he blindsided Pearce with a good tackle. That'll justify his origin selection right?

Ladmate

Bench
If a Tigers prop is picked, it will be Woods and not Galloway. Galloway has also barely played this year so I don't think he will make it.

Dragon2010

First Grade
It's so hard really. So many players put their hands up and are in form yet we need to aim for consistency and loyalty as well. We need to build a strong team that know how each other play and quickly gel together. We got so close in GameI and won GameII so we can definetly win this series.

Do we pick Woods? And make another change.

Definite changes we wil see:
A new number 6
A new number 1 (No Mini). Maybe Dugs?
A new number 9 (It will be Bedsy)
1-3 changes in the backline/bench.

So we are looking at 4-6 changes which is a fair bit when aiming for consistency and loyalty. We can't keep building a new foundation each time especially around the spine.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
It's so hard really. So many players put their hands up and are in form yet we need to aim for consistency and loyalty as well. We need to build a strong team that know how each other play and quickly gel together. We got so close in GameI and won GameII so we can definetly win this series.

Do we pick Woods? And make another change.

Definite changes we wil see:
A new number 6
A new number 1 (No Mini). Maybe Dugs?
A new number 9 (It will be Bedsy)
1-3 changes in the backline/bench.

So we are looking at 4-6 changes which is a fair bit when aiming for consistency and loyalty. We can't keep building a new foundation each time especially around the spine.
This. As much as I wanted to have some of my favourites in my side, I just can't come at another year of change after change. We need consistency in our game, and to play consistency we need to pick consistently.

RABK

Referee
Either way, as usual, city vs country has raised more questions instead of answering them.

The absolute must picks are.

Jennings at 3.
Hayne anywhere 1-5.
Uate at 5.
Carney at 6.
Pearce at 7.
Gallen at 8.
Watmough, Lewis and Bird as 3 of our backrowers.
One of Sims or Williams on the bench.

We pick that core and we are giving ourselves a huge chance. I don't think choosing between for example Woods/Merrin, Stewart/Dugan or Morris/Lawrence is going to make or break our side. Bottom line is whoever gets picked needs to turn up and have an 80 minute dig to stop the rot.

Latest posts