What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Well we can forget about Mullen playing Origin ever again.

Blake Ferguson was outstanding yesterday and should get a wing spot.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Good team but if as you say this match should be treated as an Origin trial, Merrin or Douglas are out replaced by Woods. His form all year has been outstanding and he was the best prop on the field yesterday easily.
He out-played Merrin yesterday but I'm not so sure about Douglas. TBH I was tossing up between Merrin or Woods and went with Merrin mostly because he has past experience and more FG experience - not that that's the be all and end all by any means. I'd be happy with either.

I honestly feel that pack more than matches what QLD can throw at us. Tony Williams is probably my hardest omission but I'm just not sure I could throw him into Origin after sitting out 7 weeks.

I've read in a few other threads that Farah "disappeared" in the second half - try getting some go forward when the likes of Jamie Buhrer, Mitch Allgood and Liam Fulton are on the park, which is when Country got back into the match and Farah had nothing to work with. 44 tackles and only 1 missed speaks for itself, and would have been interesting to see it broken down into halves.

I advocated Buderus earlier in the year but the more I've watched him the more I'm convinced he's not up to it. The effort would be there but we need more than that.

Joker's Wild

Coach
For once and for all, can people (Knights fans) please stop talking up Jarrod f**king Mullen.

lol Show me one Knights fan on here who has suggested Mullo play SOO this year

We know he is not ready and we dont want to see the progress he has made for us this year undone again by him being thrown into SOO when he is not ready.

But hey, keep talking up Farah like he deserves a spot though. You might as well while you are chucking around the word "spastic"

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I said talking up, as in talking up in general. He is a f**king spastic who has done nothing in what, 6 years of FG. Good post otherwise, particularly the mention of Farah like the poor little paranoid pissant you are.

gronkathon

First Grade
Mullens best chance will be 2013.

It took Wayne a while to get Soward ready and Jarrod is a far superior natural talent IMHO and a tougher defender from the outset

Danish

Referee
I Call BS. He was full of energy yesterday and was extremely disappointed about losing to city. Hes a total competitor and if he feels that way about city country then imo his mentality needs to be there for origin.

Bird's version of "being tough" these days is to give away dumbass penalties and flop around screaming in pain whenever anyone so much as brushes an arm near his shoulder.

Whats more he's played a tonne of origin over the past 6 years, with none of it any good in the past 3 seasons.

He does not deserve to more chances to keep stinking up the joint. Certainly not when the likes of Glen Stewart has never had a shot at the lock position and is about 10000 times better than him in every facet of the game.

Okay, instead of naming another team list to the 100s of other lists already mentioned. Im going go by strength of the player chances in key positions.

HOOKER
Strong - Buderus (predictibly solid but needs to take it up a level, next three games will be critical)
Strong - Farah (produced his best game in ages, sharp kicking game, nice combo with Pearce, shows he really wants the 9 jersey this year, needs to keep it up the next coming weeks)
Mild - Hinchcliffe (Has been solid in both Country games now, bench spot likely)
Blown it - Ennis (Has had seven games to prove his worth and has been a shadow of his best in that time, too late to change Ricky's mind now)

FIVE-EIGHTH
Strong - Carney (showing the goods in his appearances for Cronulla, and almost single-handedly dug Country out of their hole in the 2nd half, striking combination with Pearce which is the strong point for his selection)
Mild - Soward (Has been great in his last couple ANZAC games and absolutely must produce another killer performance. If he isnt good enough this Wednesday he can wave his incumbency hopes goodbye)
Mild - Maloney (His last game vs Souffs was argubly his best so far this season and I still rate him)
Blown it - Mullen (To put it simply he does not step up in big games. period)
Blown it - Hayne (Tried at club level and now at rep level and the answer is: hes a fullback, not a 5/8)

FULLBACK
Medium - Stewart (injured, but has hardly put a foot wrong so far and looks dangerous when in the attacking zone)
Medium - Dugan (injured, but has already proven himself last year, needs to get his form back on track these next few rounds)
Medium - Hayne (Ballsed his hopes for 5/8, but has been invaluable at Parra in the number 1 and like Dugan steps up in Origin level)
Mild - B Morris (suprised many with his switch to fullback for St George, elusive runner and can outpace many with his outright speed)

timka4

Bench
Swap Glen Stewart into Didgi's side and you have my preferred team
Yes because Stewart always lights up for Origin when he plays...

Digi's team would be my team aswell, good selections. Except yes Gidley will be there... so someone will be left out. I dont see why we need to have a 'impact' hooker. And Lewis can cover 1-6 as good as Gidley can if not better so he is a useless selection but will be there. I'd say I'd drop off TLL/Douglas for Gidley.

Woods and Merrin will come in off the bench in 2-3 years time imo. great players that will be playing for NSW for a long time, permitting they dont go to shit. We have so much young talent coming up its great.

Rod

Bench
1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. J Morris
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen (c)
9. Buderus
10. Mannah
11. Scott
12. Bird
13. Lewis

14. Gidley
15. Merrin
16. Sims
17. Watmough

Trying to keep a bit of stability in most areas, only two debutantes in Carney and Sims. Most of the other guys are in pretty good form anyway, and even those that aren't (Bird, Watmough) are proven Origin performers.

Woods and TLL in particular are unlucky but I have gone for a bench with just the one prop and opted for the impact of Sims and Watmough.

Danish

Referee
Yes because Stewart always lights up for Origin when he plays...

Digi's team would be my team aswell, good selections. Except yes Gidley will be there... so someone will be left out. I dont see why we need to have a 'impact' hooker. And Lewis can cover 1-6 as good as Gidley can if not better so he is a useless selection but will be there. I'd say I'd drop off TLL/Douglas for Gidley.

Woods and Merrin will come in off the bench in 2-3 years time imo. great players that will be playing for NSW for a long time, permitting they dont go to shit. We have so much young talent coming up its great.

Stewart has played 3 games, 1 in the 2nd row and 2 off the bench. None in his preferred lock position.

Hardly a fair assessment of what he can do

The Gambler

Juniors
Well we can forget about Mullen playing Origin ever again.

Blake Ferguson was outstanding yesterday and should get a wing spot.
Not sure he will be picked. He is right up their with Man Vatuvi as the biggest rocks and diamond player in the comp.

Even yesterday he nearly butchered that kick that was CLEARLY going dead.

Mr Saab

Referee
Cant understand why Hoffman is in some of your teams. He is a Gidley. Meaning he is a good player, but not a rep players a-hole.
I will LOL if NSW have Hoffman and Creagh in the backrow!!!

Joker's Wild

Coach
I said talking up, as in talking up in general. He is a f**king spastic who has done nothing in what, 6 years of FG. Good post otherwise, particularly the mention of Farah like the poor little paranoid pissant you are.

lol well this is an Origin thread champ so one would assume we are talking about Origin in here. How bout you go to the NRL forum and dribble on about how much you dont rate Mullen "in general" and leave the rest of us to talk Origin

You had Farah in your side so to me its pretty fair game on calling you out on that selection. He is a muppet and doesnt deserve a shot given the complete pussie way he has been going about his footy in 2012.

If you cant hack opinions GTFO of the kitchen princess

RABK

Referee
You really don't like Dragons players do you...

You just selectively read posts.

I have been a huge Trent Merrin fan for 18 months now. I think he's a 10 year Origin player if coached right and i always push his claims for rep jerseys.

Beau Scott is someone i always try and remind people of what he did in Origin 2011 whenever people talk down his chances for Origin.

Brett Morris was someone i always, deservedly, heap shit on but i've made dozens of posts this year complimenting his great form this year and selected him in my team until yesterday. He reminded me that he just goes missing beyond club level.

Ben Creagh is just garbage - he is the kurt Gidley of the forwards. An auto selection for what bloody reason? He is soft and lazy.

Weyman is just too ineffective at rep level - he possesses no footwork. So with the line speed of Origin he just gets belted over and over because he can't beat the first man - ever. Snowden has a similar problem. Too slow and no footwork = origin cannon fodder.

Soward - well i thought he deserved incumbency going into 2012 but he only ever got the gig because of Carneys problems. Carneys back playing well, Sowards been average.

Big fan - Merrin, Scott
Meh - Soward, Weyman
Rep nuffies - Morris, Creagh,