What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Because you hope to be able to come on and vent because you're a twat - there is a difference.

Tigers fans in the Origin forum the last 3 years? News to me. Knights, Manly, Dragons, Eels - yup. Tigers - nope.
Jesus, climb down off your high horse. Making assumptions on what I (or others) hope to be able to do based on a few comments made on an internet forum. What wonderful insight you have.

And if only Tigers fans had been noticed by you I'm sure we'd all feel a lot more validated. :lol:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lose my shit?

Haha.

No it's you Tiger fans losing your shit about Buderus return to the NRL and ultimately Origin. Nothing but attacks on him over numerous threads since round 1,
The only one attacking anyone is you on farah. If buderus came bak and played like he did Pre 2007 then no one would be happier then me as he would easily rival smith in origin. However he hasn't. If buderus was some rookie hooker no one would even be talking about him for origin.

You haven't responded to any posts with reasonable responses to stats, opinions etc

Your retorts consist of 'butt hurt' 'you guys are jerks' and 'farah sucks!!'

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Lose my shit?

Haha.

No it's you Tiger fans losing your shit about Buderus return to the NRL and ultimately Origin. Nothing but attacks on him over numerous threads since round 1,
Where?

And again, for those with the Knights blinkers on:
How this turned into another Farah / Buderus thing is down to one poster and it ain't a f**king Tiger fan champ. All I did was call out Mullen for the f**king spastic he is and suddenly a couple of you Knights fans get your panties in a knot because it's a Tigers fan saying it so you just have to make some posts about Farah. f**k me, get over it. We know you love Bedsy and yes, we love Farah. I'd be happy if both were selected.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
The only one attacking anyone is you on farah. If buderus came bak and played like he did Pre 2007 then no one would be happier then me as he would easily rival smith in origin. However he hasn't. If buderus was some rookie hooker no one would even be talking about him for origin.

You haven't responded to any posts with reasonable responses to stats, opinions etc

Your retorts consist of 'butt hurt' 'you guys are jerks' and 'farah sucks!!'
Exactly! Suddenly we're not NSW fans because the Knights fans are attacking Farah! Dealing with an absolute mental giant here.....:lol:

RABK

Referee
I said farah would be a good bench option after CvsC yesterday! FFS tigers fans thicker than skandalis neck.

I haven't attacked farah, only your obsessive butthurt when it comes to him vs Buderus.

RABK

Referee
Oh and high horse and assumptions - Jarrod Mullen is a spastic right?

You internet hero.

Didgi

Handbags at 10 paces, must be Origin time again.

Seen a lot of criticism surrounding Bird. Titans games have clashed with others a lot this year so I probably haven't seen a great deal of him, but he was fantastic in City v Country, and to say he's done nothing in the last few Origins is crap. I'm sure I remember at least one man of the match performance and a couple of good tries, that stand out.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
:lol:

This is hilarious.

IMO both Buderus and Farah should probably be picked for Origin, just as they should have both been picked in 2007. If NSW selectors had any foresight for the future they would have picked Farah as the bench option back then to be groomed as the natural replacement for Buderus when he left for England.

99% of the time the "utility" on the bench comes on in Origin and plays hooker. If there is an injury in the backline, Lewis can cover it.

Buderus can't play 80 minutes and offers very little in attack. So pick a proper hooker on the bench, not Kurt f**king Gidley who is equally as shit in every position he supposedly can play. Buderus playing the first 20, then bring Farah on after 20 to play against tiring forwards.

My 2c.

PS RABK: Skandalis has slimmed down and now has a small neck. :D

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Oh and high horse and assumptions - Jarrod Mullen is a spastic right?

You internet hero.
Oh the internet hero insult...........from another internet hero!

Mate, re-read the posts in this thread. Point out where I said ANYTHING about Buderus or brought him into the discussion. Please.

Bretto

Bench
As a QLD supporter, I hope they don't pick Bird. I remember him setting up at least 1 try last year, and making a few breaks. He challenged the likes of Thurston on the fringes and exposed them - he has a good running game and a decent passing game to boot.

Don't pick him. Sweet as.

RABK

Referee
I've never hated on Farah. I was pushing for Farah to be selected in 2007 with Wing on the bench. I thought Farah carried the Tigers post prermiership and was 2nd only to Smith as NRL hookers. Buderus got the nod until 'retirement', that's history now.

Farah has gone downhill and had a poor start to 2012 but looked very classy yesterday, his kicking game, defence and service were all MOTM quality.

If they select Farah i won't feel any more or less confident of beating QLD and vice versa if they select Buderus.

Dragon2010

First Grade
As a QLD supporter, I hope they don't pick Bird. I remember him setting up at least 1 try last year, and making a few breaks. He challenged the likes of Thurston on the fringes and exposed them - he has a good running game and a decent passing game to boot.

Don't pick him. Sweet as.

Funny. Some QLD'ers think otherwise and think "Please pick Bird he's good for QLD"

Big Pete

Referee
I named that team based on potential in reply to Pete talking about players QLD might fear at their full potential.

No, I don't think potential has a place in Origin, especially in key positions, so my side was basically the best team I could think of on paper. If it was based on potential you'd probably see the likes of Ferguson, Mateo, Farah or Lawrence in there some where.

Only selection I'd reconsider is TLL. He's a good player but too injury prone to be relied upon. Would much rather go with an alternative I can trust to be there for the long term like a Merrin or Tamou.

Bretto

Bench
Funny. Some QLD'ers think otherwise and think "Please pick Bird he's good for QLD"

I just have this vivid memory of him in I think one of last years games where he ran the ball on the left side, beat a couple players and put Jennings in to score. I'd much rather they played Watmough. I think he's well over rated and is very one dimensional, and has a few grub penalties in him when things don't go his way (which I guess could be said for Bird, too)

Dragon2010

First Grade
I just have this vivid memory of him in I think one of last years games where he ran the ball on the left side, beat a couple players and put Jennings in to score. I'd much rather they played Watmough. I think he's well over rated and is very one dimensional, and has a few grub penalties in him when things don't go his way (which I guess could be said for Bird, too)

Fair enough mate. I'm just saying. Many comments I've seen/talked to people (Mainly on FoxSports news comments) they say "Please pick Bird he's a failure for NSW.etc) it's funny at times.

I for one rate bird. I think he's a great player, allot of talent and heart to. He was great in Game I last year had a few dangerous runs and was Good in Game II and III (In the loosing side). Just as long as we let him play his usual game. He is the kind of player regardless of club form stands up to the occasion. Watmough is a actually a fairly good player and has worked the rubbish out of most of his game. Same as bird. The guy who usually lets our penalty count get up is Ennis and to a lesser extent Scott (With good defense comes penalties here and there).

Freak2

Juniors
When considering SOO1 side I think the selection process should consider the following IN ORDER before determining the side;
1. Form from last years SOO series. Without a doubt the benchmark
2. Form from last year's final's series and Australian side tour. We want players who have experience playing in big games
3. Form
4. City Country trial. Close to a waste of time when considering selection.

For this reason the side should have basically been selected before a tackle was made this year and well and truly before yesterdays game. There might be a few spots up for grabs but if 14 of the 17 have not already been added to the wish list I would be very worried!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bottom line is whilst i always give a f**k and have a lot to say about who they pick every year come 7.45pm off game day whoever is in the 17 i cheer for each and everyone of them and if they have a dig i'm proud of them regardless off the scoreboard.

Some of you NSW 'fans' are a complete joke and put club bias and grudges ahead of NSW and hope for certain players to have bad games or even get injured so you can log onto LU at 10.30pm and rant and rave about how he is a nuffy. Me and Hutty over the years have scratched our heads at some selections but then during the game cheer our asses off for said players.

You're a f**king joke if you're like that and don't deserve to celebrate with the true Blues fans when we finally get the bloody shield back.

haha good shit
thats one of your best rants yet :lol:

Latest posts